Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 168089 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.16 Beta, 21st Feb 2013)
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2013, 05:50:32 pm »

After so many days, couldn't find anyone with a real axe instead of those stones one to trade in the Kuikka tribe territory, so i decided to try and see what the foreign traders i tracked were having on them.

I attacked one in his sleep, badly hurt him with 2 arrows and ran the hell away, losing my pursuers in the forest.

Then once out of danger, i tracked them and found them again, at least spotted one, couldn't see where the trader i hurt was.

A fine battleaxe !
Tempting, but too far, so i sneaked around trying to see if i could spot his friends (hoping to find again the wounded one) and saw a foreign trader around a tree, too close, fortunately he had not noticed me, i made a few distance, not too much so i could still use my bow with reasonnable chance to hit and shot.
The guy got an arrow in his hip, i rearmed  but fortunately once he was on me i still managed to shot my 2nd arrow (thanks to a tactical advantage obtained from dodgin his hammer) that ended through his eye, he dropped dead.

As i noticed another trader coming at some distance behind, i decided to redo the running away -> re-track them tactic.
Unfortunately as i turned back to run, in front of me a trader with a fine spear pierced my shoulder, i tried to run away, but the spear went through my back making me fall, the guy finished the job immediately after that.

No idea where the previously wounded trader was. Must have been a bigger group than i thought.

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2013, 06:25:18 pm »

Yeah, there are normally at least 5 of them and they're all well-armed and often have some armor on.

I'd sooner fight a group of njerpez warriors than foreign traders. Njerpez sometimes have armor but when they do it's usually ring, which isn't as good as mail or iron, and they never have masterwork items.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2013, 06:27:38 pm »

also you don't have to wield arrows, just the bow. Wielding arrows mean you had 1 less I think

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2013, 06:32:42 pm »

I wasn't aware of this, i was so sure i needed manually reload by wielding 1 arrow at a time.

Next time i'll try those njerpez i sometime spot in my hunts, i thought they were more dangerous than the traders and tried to avoid them everytime.

Thanks for both advices.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2013, 06:52:35 pm »

From my experience, you need only to wield an arrow for the first shot. After that, the arrows dissapear from your hand, but you can still shoot.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2013, 06:57:41 pm »

No. if you just use 't' to shoot an arrow without wielding it, it will take an action as the game takes out the arrow and then shoots.
If you already have it in your hand you can shoot immediately.

This is obviously only useful for the first shot.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2013, 07:40:02 pm »

No. if you just use 't' to shoot an arrow without wielding it, it will take an action as the game takes out the arrow and then shoots.
If you already have it in your hand you can shoot immediately.

This is obviously only useful for the first shot.

Huh interesting, last time I tried it said I had to take it off first or something, but hey if it works then that's cool.

Of course don't take my advice for anything, I get my players stuck throwing rocks at squirrels in trees.

Does coastal fishing work all year round? I have it on easy mode by being a Kuikka and starting with 'I wanted to be a fisherman' and with ritual I get 95% Fishing skill and starting with 2 nets means I can get hundreds of fish easily, the only annoying thing is the Driik don't seem to want my fish that much, only the pike and trout, I can't even get rid of my 100 roasted roaches.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2013, 07:49:20 pm »

Buy a dog. Damn things eat a ton. They're also kinda handy to have around.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2013, 08:57:19 pm »

If only not for my crippling caninophobeia

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2013, 09:35:58 pm »

I think it's time to get back into URW. Played it ages ago and enjoyed it, but it got a little boring after slaughtering a few elk.

EDIT: It seems all my keys are weirdly mapped and aren't doing what they're suppose to do. I think I had this problem before but I've completely forgotten how to fix it.
EDIT2: It seems my alt key was stuck down or something. Holding alt and pressing a key is some weird skill shortcut that makes no sense at all.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:16:35 pm by Azated »
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Frank2368

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2013, 10:35:02 pm »

I think it's time to get back into URW. Played it ages ago and enjoyed it, but it got a little boring after slaughtering a few elk.

EDIT: It seems all my keys are weirdly mapped and aren't doing what they're suppose to do. I think I had this problem before but I've completely forgotten how to fix it.
EDIT2: It seems my alt key was stuck down or something. Holding alt and pressing a key is some weird skill shortcut that makes no sense at all.

They're hotkeys that correspond to the skills you can see on the skill menu (s key)
For example, alt+a would be agriculture

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 26, 2013, 03:35:54 am »

Happens if you're alt+tabbing to and fro with fullscreen mode.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2013, 04:19:46 am »

If you just hit alt again once the game is up it fixes it, screwed with me for a while too.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2013, 04:59:56 am »

New game, a Kuikka hunter/trapper who happens to be a master with the Bow and Spear, and an expert fisherman.

I've set up a small shelter by some rapids, trying to get a trap fence up and running nearby. Realised halfway in that I'm trying to build it in marshland, and therefore can't dig any holes ...  :-[

After cutting up my trousers to make a few arrows (to go with the hunting bow I got by trading away my ring mail mittens), I got myself a decent lynx fur and 17 lbs of yummy cat meat. Trident fishing by the rapids has gone seriously downhill after an initial bout of success, and I'm currently going hungry, I got a big bruise on my elbow falling out of a tree (and I'm mostly cold ...)

A bag of flour for the fur from the Sartolaiis to the north, and I'm working on the basis that I can keep myself suitably fed for the foreseeable future whilst I HOPEFULLY pick off one of the reindeer or elk that have been milling about nearby. It would be nice if I can do that prior to the end of the drying season as well ... I'm sure if I can get one of those creatures in my sights long enough I can perforate the bastard ... if the sustenance in that flour can keep me alive for long enough ...

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2013, 05:41:09 am »

For anyone experiencing the bug with tasks getting cancelled if you cancel the optional 'use herbs' step, there is a hotfix: http://www.lahnarecords.fi/urw/urw316-kbfix.zip Extract the files in your URW directory and overwrite.

Beta 2 will be incoming soon with a more permanent fix to this and several other bugs.

Official post addressing Beta 1 bugs/issues and suggested workarounds
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 76