Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 76

Author Topic: UnReal World - Now on Steam! (3.51 Stable, 29th Jun. 2018)  (Read 168077 times)

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: UnReal World - Free to play! Donate! (3.16 Beta, 21st Feb 2013)
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2013, 01:10:54 pm »

I might be blind, but i can't find any way to feed a fire. Tied [p]ushing branches onto it but that killed it.

Branches burn very, very quickly, try using firewood instead. Chop down a fully grown tree, chop it into blocks and then split the blocks into firewood, all done with the alt+m menu.

Slender trunks and even logs and whole tree trunks will burn for a while too, especially the latter, but firewood is far more efficient.

Did I read this right?  Animals can come in and eat from your garden, or feast on meat?

That's correct, I'm pretty sure that lynx my dog was barking at was coming in for the meat I had in my cellar since he kept turning back to my camp after I ran him off.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2013, 01:12:13 pm »

Also, since zoom-maps are discarded after a year, that means that wood and stones are now a renewable resource!

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2013, 01:26:29 pm »

Branches burn very, very quickly, try using firewood instead. Chop down a fully grown tree, chop it into blocks and then split the blocks into firewood, all done with the alt+m menu.

Slender trunks and even logs and whole tree trunks will burn for a while too, especially the latter, but firewood is far more efficient.
Right. Don't have an axe because i just started. Still want to know how to feed a fire.

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2013, 01:30:29 pm »

Right. Don't have an axe because i just started. Still want to know how to feed a fire.

Kill someone who has an axe and take his stuff! It works for me. :D

If you don't want to aid natural selection, you can make a stone axe (although it sucks), or you could use a knife to cut down slender trunks.

Edit: I just killed a reindeer with one shot, YAY! :D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 01:32:34 pm by sebcool »
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2013, 01:53:29 pm »

PTW, seeing as I still pick this up for a blast once in a while.
This is a blank sig.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2013, 02:00:09 pm »

Survival is tough, but the game offers several different starting scenarios, from easy to downright sadistic.

You telling me starting hurt, helpless and alone in the winter is sadistic? Okay, well maybe a little...

Jehdin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2013, 02:08:08 pm »

Feeding a fire is just how you did it, [p]ut more fuel into the fire. It's just that branches burn so quickly that you'll pretty much need to be constantly feeding it or build a fire on an obscenely huge pile of branches so the fire lasts a while.

If all you have is a knife, I'd recommend making a stone axe and just cutting down small trees to burn. Stone axe will cut them down faster than any knife and the slender trunks will burn for a fair while.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2013, 02:08:19 pm »

Ah, URW is free now? That's pretty awesome (I've payed for it twice personally - once LONG ago when it was a lot more obscure and the price was still fixed, and then again later on because I lost my original registration and decided the dev deserved for me to just buy it again with all the new features, anyway). I may have to toy around with it a bit again if I can ever find the time. If you really want a sadistic scenario, though, I'd imagine that since ranged combat has been added in now, the Njerpez slave one would be fifty times harder than it used to be back when I first played. I'm not sure about now, but once upon a time you could start as a Kaumo character and just pulverize the entire camp of Njerpez with a single spear or knife.  :o

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2013, 02:35:03 pm »

I dunno if it's just me, but it was always super easy to escape from the camp on that scenario.

Kicior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2013, 02:35:37 pm »

If you really want a sadistic scenario, though, I'd imagine that since ranged combat has been added in now, the Njerpez slave one would be fifty times harder than it used to be back when I first played.

I just pressed enter and ran like hell casually walked away without seeing a single redshirt, it might be a bug though (I think you aren't supposed to zoom out in habitated areas). Also, I didn't notice I was half naked. In winter.
and slippedy sloppidy doo everything is made of fuck

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2013, 02:52:11 pm »

In previous versions, you could basically randomly wander around and kill any encountered raindeers / elks / stags and live off their meat, now it seems nearly impossible.
You need to actively rely on traps to survive, it seems.
Better go make a new character. :[

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2013, 02:55:28 pm »

If you really want a sadistic scenario, though, I'd imagine that since ranged combat has been added in now, the Njerpez slave one would be fifty times harder than it used to be back when I first played.

I just pressed enter and ran like hell casually walked away without seeing a single redshirt, it might be a bug though (I think you aren't supposed to zoom out in habitated areas). Also, I didn't notice I was half naked. In winter.

I tried that one, and couldn't zoom out at the start, and I got attacked. I forgot how to run, so I ambled away while getting shot in the arms with arrows.

I did get away, though.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2013, 03:00:56 pm »

Bah. First character died because a njerp-whatever camp was less than a screen away on the map. They found and killed me in my sleep after less than a week.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Linenoise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2013, 03:02:26 pm »

PTW.

Gonna go watch a let's Play now. Gonna be a rough weekend for me. I just downloaded Path of Exile so I gotta figure out what I'm gonna play first. I'm getting too old for this.....:D

sebcool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2013, 03:12:58 pm »

In previous versions, you could basically randomly wander around and kill any encountered raindeers / elks / stags and live off their meat, now it seems nearly impossible.
You need to actively rely on traps to survive, it seems.
Better go make a new character. :[

Try making a seal-tribe character. They are way more stealthy than the kaumo. I myself managed to kill about 4 reindeer and one elk, one reindeer with nothing but a short spear and a javelin, another with only one arrow (totally not bragging :P).
Derailing doesn't exist, derailed is the natural state of every thread.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 76