Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: FOR DAHRNOSAUWRS AND DORFS: SAUR FORTRESS  (Read 52248 times)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
DAHRNOSAUWRS AND DORFS: SAUR FORTRESS
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2013, 10:34:16 am »

Well, I'm busy making new dinos right now. If someone makes giant dinos, I can put them up in the front page.
Also, BE PREPARED TO GO FETCH THAT !!TARBOSAUR FEATHER SOCK!! OFF OF THE BATTLEFIELD, URIST! BECAUSE LARGE TYRANNOSAURS SHALL SOON BE BOTH AVAILABLE AND SHEARABLE!!! Fak yeah.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 10:43:44 am by Eotyrannus »

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FOR DAHRNOSAUWRS AND DORFS: SAUR FORTRESS
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2013, 10:48:44 am »

Stop, collaborate and listen.

I drew some really quick sprites for the dinos you have completed so far.

COMPSOGNATHUS:     

PROTOCERATOPS:     

PUERTASAURUS:     

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2013, 11:05:08 am »

Ooh, shineh! They shall be added in SUPER MEGA DESERT DINO POWAH UPDATE.
The more I make, the faster this shall go, hopefully. Right now, with the Gigantoraptor, I'm just changing the names, strength and egg/body size from Oviraptor.

I really appreciate all the support this 'little' (well, it's not small, to be exact... let's say 'new') mod is getting. Stay tuned for shearable tarbosaurs and therezinosaurs, as well as wrestler raptors and some midgets! And everything else.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 11:07:24 am by Eotyrannus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2013, 11:42:55 am »

[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THHROAT]

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2013, 12:04:20 pm »

Okay, that's been fixed.

PREPARE

FOR

THE UPDATE

OF AWESOME

(note: these should all work, but if there's problems, tell meh.)

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2013, 01:14:50 pm »

I HOPE

YOU PREPARED

EARLIER

WHEN I TOLD YOU

TO PREPARE

FOR

THE UPDATE

OF AWESOME

BECAUSE

IT

IS

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can someone check the Proto through and see why he's not showing up in the 'embark!' when he's a common domestic animal, and why Puertasaurus is?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 04:02:47 pm by Eotyrannus »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2013, 08:11:58 am »

UPDATE:
I've given some MULTIPLY_VALUE to the larger dinosaurs. Now a tyrannosaur feather sock is even better than before!

Also starting on an Isle of Wight ecosystem, pterosaurs included.
How do I add something to a specific finger on a specific foot? I need it if I want quadrapedal pterosaurs.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:50:39 am by Eotyrannus »

Khalvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2013, 09:23:16 am »

um, what are you trying to add? I'm gonna gues that the answer to you question will be BODY_GLOSS. But I may be wrong.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2013, 10:16:04 am »

I'm planning to put a wing on it. I've used the command to add a bodypart to an animal before (most notably in the Velociraptor, when I gave each wing 3 fingers and each finger a talon), but I have no idea on how to select a specific toe on a front foot.

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2013, 11:42:05 am »

I'm planning to put a wing on it. I've used the command to add a bodypart to an animal before (most notably in the Velociraptor, when I gave each wing 3 fingers and each finger a talon), but I have no idea on how to select a specific toe on a front foot.

You can select body parts for modifying with specific commands either by TYPE, CATEGORY, or TOKEN

TYPE is the most broad, it can select things like LIMB, STANCE, GRASP, UPPERBODY, ect.

CATEGORY is a little more specific, but still tends to select multiple body parts.  Things like FOOT_FRONT, FOOT_REAR, TOE, TENTACLE, PINCER, MOUTH, EAR, ect.

TOKEN will select specific, individual body parts.  If you look in the body_default raw file, the token is the entry right after the [BP: ] part of the body part definition.  For example, your toes are things like TOE1, TOE2, TOE3.

So, if you wanted to make only one of your velociraptors toes large and have talons, you would use this line in the creature raw.

[RELSIZE:BY_TOKEN:TOE1:35]
This command changes the relative size of the specific body part (TOE1), in comparison to all other body parts.  A toe in the 3TOES body plan is usually RELSIZE:7, so this will make the first toe 5x bigger than the other toes.

If you want to add a specific tissue to, say, the first toe, you would need to define a tissue in the creature raw, then you can use this line to select only the first toe for the tissue layer.  This example is for adding a tissue called TALON to the front of the toe.

[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_TOKEN:TOE1:TALON:FRONT]

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2013, 11:53:45 am »

Thanks, just need one more bit. How would you select a specific toe on the front feet? (4th toe, front foot) Would it be something like [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:FOOT_FRONT:BY_TOKEN:TOE4:WING:FRONT]?

Still got the Proto/Puerta bug, checked through the code and I couldn't figure out what's wrong. If anyone wants a look, here's the codes for the both of them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, if someone could tell me a way to stop my dinosaurs from doing normal wrestling, I'd appreciate it. In a test, a Tarbosaurus' favoured attack against a Velociraptor was to grab it with its tiny little limb claws and break its joints with a joint lock.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 11:56:20 am by Eotyrannus »

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2013, 12:22:14 pm »

Thanks, just need one more bit. How would you select a specific toe on the front feet? (4th toe, front foot) Would it be something like [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:FOOT_FRONT:BY_TOKEN:TOE4:WING:FRONT]?

I don't think that will work.  The command won't accept that many arguments.  Instead, change your body plan.  Instead of 3TOES or 4TOES or whatever, use 3TOES_RQ_REG and 4TOES_FQ_REG.  Those body plans call out specific body parts for each toe, on front and hind legs, for left and right sides.  Then you can select the 4th toe on the front feet with

TISSUE_LAYER:BY_TOKEN:RFTOE4:'tissue token':'tissue location argument'
TISSUE_LAYER:BY_TOKEN:LFTOE4:'tissue token':'tissue location argument'

Keep in mind that the body plans have specific connections between body parts.  The 4TOES_FQ_REG connects the toes specifically to body parts with the tokens LH and RH (left hand and right hand).  The QUADRUPED body uses LH and RH for the two front feet, so that is where the toes will go.  They won't go onto the wings.

If you want to specify differently where body parts go, you might have to create a custom body plan.  For example, wings connect to the upper body.  If you want your wings to be connected to your creature's arms, I think you will need to make a custom body plan for that.  Easiest way would be to copy and paste the entry for 2WINGS, then change the token [CONTYPE:UPPERBODY] to something like [CON:RA] for the right wing and [CON:LA] for the left wing.  That will attach the wings to the right and left arms/front legs.

Still got the Proto/Puerta bug, checked through the code and I couldn't figure out what's wrong. If anyone wants a look, here's the codes for the both of them.

Do you have anything in your errorlog?

Also, if someone could tell me a way to stop my dinosaurs from doing normal wrestling, I'd appreciate it. In a test, a Tarbosaurus' favoured attack against a Velociraptor was to grab it with its tiny little limb claws and break its joints with a joint lock.

Make sure none of their body parts have [GRASP].  I think that will stop them from wrestling.  This might also require some body plan editing.

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2013, 12:28:38 pm »

Can I request anomalocaris? They're my favorite pre-historic creature.
(jeez favourite pre-historic creature and I can't even spell it without google UGH)

also also what about... a... ROBOSAUR MEGABEAST?????
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2013, 12:36:22 pm »

@Robo: I would, but it's a bit too Mesozoic for an Anomalocaris to appear. There will, most likely, be a bunch of marine animals. Expect Dakosaurus, Liopleurodon and Hainosaurus instead of Anomalocaris, Dunkleosteus, Megalodon and Livyatan.
And if you want robot dino megabeasts and Anomalocaris, I'd recommend downloading Notepad and learning how to do it yourself. It's far easier than you'd expect. I started modding Dwarf Fortress a few days ago.

@Wannabe: Thanks for all the help, I think the pterosaur issue is nearly solved.
Would it be possible to attach the wing directly to the hand? That's probably the easiest option.

Is there a specific place for the errorlog? Quick check, couldn't find it.
Doesn't really seem to be the type of bug for an errorlog. I'm not sure how to fix the Proto side of it, but a quick fix for the Puerta would to be to give it such a high petvalue that you can either have useful stuff, or you can have a wild Puertasaur on your wagon.

How to get rid of the tag? I'm still fairly new to modding.

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2013, 12:47:12 pm »

Yeah, you could attach the wings directly to hands, or just use the HUMANOID_FLIER body, then you don't need WINGS.  That is what the body plans for bats and giant bats use.  The arms are also wings then.

The errorlog is in the root directory for dwarf fortress, the same directory where the executable is located.

What tag are your trying to get rid of?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23