Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: FOR DAHRNOSAUWRS AND DORFS: SAUR FORTRESS  (Read 52244 times)

Robosaur

• Bay Watcher
  • [POOP:INORGANIC: NUCLEAR_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
Re: FOR DAHRNOSAUWRS AND DORFS: SAUR FORTRESS
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2013, 12:52:10 pm »

It's far easier than you'd expect. I started modding Dwarf Fortress a few days ago.

You underestimate me, I've been modding DF since before tissue layers were added. ;P
Anyways yeah sure I can do it myself I guess...
You are a terrible person and the sad truth is deep down you know it.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2013, 01:01:12 pm »

It's far easier than you'd expect. I started modding Dwarf Fortress a few days ago.

You underestimate me, I've been modding DF since before tissue layers were added. ;P
Anyways yeah sure I can do it myself I guess...

And thus, mods happened. And it resulted in Urist being dragged to his death by a Pterygotus instead of a carp.

@Wannabe: So, would [TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:HAND:WING] work?

Errorlog after making a world and starting a fortress is:
Duplicate Object: creature OVIRAPTOR
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_CITIPATI.txt"
Citipati:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:TOE:TALON
Citipati:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
Citipati Color Mod Ending With (BLACK,1) Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_COMPSOGNATHUS.txt"
COMPSOGNATHUS:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:TOE:TALON
COMPSOGNATHUS:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
COMPSOGNATHUS:Attack SCRATCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
COMPSOGNATHUS:Unrecognized Creature Token: ATTACK_PENETRATION
COMPSOGNATHUS Color Mod Ending With (BLACK,1) Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_DEINOCHEIRUS.txt"
DEINOCHEIRUS:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:TOE:TALON
DEINOCHEIRUS:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
DEINOCHEIRUS:Unrecognized Creature Token: ATTACK_WITH_EDGE
DEINOCHEIRUS Color Mod Ending With (BLACK,1) Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_GALLIMIMUS.txt"
GALLIMIMUS:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:TOE:TALON
GALLIMIMUS:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
GALLIMIMUS Color Mod Ending With (BLACK,1) Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_GIGANTORAPTOR.txt"
OVIRAPTOR:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:TOE:TALON
OVIRAPTOR:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
OVIRAPTOR Color Mod Ending With (BLACK,1) Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_MONONYKUS.txt"
MONONYKUS:Unrecognized Creature Token: DECRIPTION
MONONYKUS:Unrecognized Creature Caste Body Token: 1FINGER
MONONYKUS:Unrecognized Creature Token: BODY_DETAIL
MONONYKUS:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:TALON
MONONYKUS Color Mod Ending With (BROWN,1) Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_OPISTHOCOELICAUDIA.txt"
OPISTHOCOELICAUDIA:Unrecognized Creature Token: COLOUR
OPISTHOCOELICAUDIA:Unrecognized Creature Token: USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLAE
OPISTHOCOELICAUDIA:Unrecognized Creature Token: USE-MATERIAL_TEMPLATE
OPISTHOCOELICAUDIA:Attack KICK seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
OPISTHOCOELICAUDIA:Attack KICK seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_OVIRAPTOR.txt"
OVIRAPTOR:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_PUERTASAURUS.txt"
PUERTASAURUS:Unrecognized Creature Token: COLOUR
PUERTASAURUS:Unrecognized Creature Token: USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLAE
PUERTASAURUS:Unrecognized Creature Token: USE-MATERIAL_TEMPLATE
PUERTASAURUS:Attack KICK seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
PUERTASAURUS:Attack KICK seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_SAURORNITHOIDES.txt"
SAURORNITHOIDES:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: 3FINGERS
SAURORNITHOIDES:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:TALON
SAURORNITHOIDES:Unrecognized Creature Token: ATTACK_PENETRATION
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_SHUVUUIA.txt"
SHUVUUIA:Unrecognized Creature Token: DECRIPTION
SHUVUUIA:Unrecognized Creature Caste Body Token: 1FINGER
SHUVUUIA:Unrecognized Creature Token: BODY_DETAIL
SHUVUUIA:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:TALON
SHUVUUIA Color Mod Ending With (BROWN,1) Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_TARBOSAURUS.txt"
TARBOSAURUS:Unrecognized Creature Token: ATTACK_PENETRATION
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_TARCHIA.txt"
TARCHIA:Unrecognized Creature Token: COLOUR
TARCHIA:Unrecognized Creature Token: USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLAE
TARCHIA:Unrecognized Creature Token: USE-MATERIAL_TEMPLATE
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_THEREZINOSAURUS.txt"
THEREZINOSAURUS:Unrecognized Creature Token: ATTACK_PENETRATION
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_VELOCIRAPTOR.txt"
VELOCIRAPTOR:Body Token Recognized But Could Not Connect: 3FINGERS
VELOCIRAPTOR:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:TALON
VELOCIRAPTOR:Unrecognized Creature Token: ATTACK_PENETRATION
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature SAURORNITHOIDES
SAURORNITHOIDES:FEMALE:right wing, layer 1: Tissue 3FINGERS was not found, using first tissue instead
SAURORNITHOIDES:FEMALE:left wing, layer 1: Tissue 3FINGERS was not found, using first tissue instead
SAURORNITHOIDES:MALE:right wing, layer 1: Tissue 3FINGERS was not found, using first tissue instead
SAURORNITHOIDES:MALE:left wing, layer 1: Tissue 3FINGERS was not found, using first tissue instead
*** Error(s) finalizing the creature VELOCIRAPTOR
VELOCIRAPTOR:FEMALE:right wing, layer 1: Tissue 3FINGERS was not found, using first tissue instead
VELOCIRAPTOR:FEMALE:left wing, layer 1: Tissue 3FINGERS was not found, using first tissue instead
VELOCIRAPTOR:MALE:right wing, layer 1: Tissue 3FINGERS was not found, using first tissue instead
VELOCIRAPTOR:MALE:left wing, layer 1: Tissue 3FINGERS was not found, using first tissue instead

I need to get rid of the [GRASP] tag. Would removing the humanoid_joints work, or would that fail?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:14:16 pm by Eotyrannus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2013, 01:53:58 pm »

Just search for [GRASP] in body default and any other body files you're using and you'll see what parts have it.  Be prepared for any punch/claw/scratch attacks that you copied from other sources to break and get added to your bug list there, because odds are they require GRASP parts.

Some of your errors are obvious typos like USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLAE (misspelled) , USE-MATERIAL_TEMPLATE (hyphen) , DECRIPTION (misspelled).

As mentioned earlier I think you mean [COLOR] not COLOUR
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:00:57 pm by smakemupagus »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2013, 02:03:08 pm »

Hmm... Might be better just to keep dino wrestlers in, because it's sort of amusing. And easier to do.
It appears that some dinosaurs, such as the Tarbosaurus, enjoy repeatedly grabbing and letting go of their victims before attacking properly. A Tarbosaur just did that 6 times before attacking. On the 7th grab, the Tarbosaur bit its opponent, and the left hand sailed away. A second bite, the entire left upper arm was gone. On the third bite, it was the Oviraptor's right foot. Then the raptor bled to death.
Against a Tarchia, the Tarbosaurus bit it IN THE TEETH. And then was killed.
A Therezinosaur, with no hand talons, just BIT AND SHOOK A TARBOSAUR UNTIL IT BLED TO DEATH. Wow.

Okay, fixed that giant pile of brokens. TIME TO TEST!
Yup, working now! Thanks guys, you've all been a great help. :3 The only problem I can see from here is that the Shuvuuia are all called nothings, 'part from chicks.
That should be fixed now. If you've downloaded any dinosaurs, please redownload.

Okay, found another problem.
Citatipi to Gigantoraptor and Oviraptor appear to be blind (in Arena, at least). Not sure why. TO THE ERROR REPORT!

*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_CITIPATI.txt"
CITIPATI:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:TOE:TALON
CITIPATI:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
CITIPATI Color Mod Ending With (BLACK,1) Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_COMPSOGNATHUS.txt"
COMPSOGNATHUS:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:TOE:TALON
COMPSOGNATHUS:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
COMPSOGNATHUS:Attack SCRATCH seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
COMPSOGNATHUS Color Mod Ending With (BLACK,1) Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_DEINOCHEIRUS.txt"
DEINOCHEIRUS:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:TOE:TALON
DEINOCHEIRUS:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
DEINOCHEIRUS:Unrecognized Creature Token: ATTACK_WITH_EDGE
DEINOCHEIRUS Color Mod Ending With (BLACK,1) Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_GALLIMIMUS.txt"
GALLIMIMUS:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:TOE:TALON
GALLIMIMUS:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
GALLIMIMUS Color Mod Ending With (BLACK,1) Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_GIGANTORAPTOR.txt"
GIGANTORAPTOR:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:TOE:TALON
GIGANTORAPTOR:Attack BITE seems to have correct format but could not find proper BPs in any caste, so not added
GIGANTORAPTOR Color Mod Ending With (BLACK,1) Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_MONONYKUS.txt"
MONONYKUS:Unrecognized Creature Token: DECRIPTION
MONONYKUS:Unrecognized Creature Caste Body Token: 1FINGER
MONONYKUS:Unrecognized Creature Token: BODY_DETAIL
MONONYKUS:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:TALON
MONONYKUS Color Mod Ending With (BROWN,1) Was Not Used
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_OPISTHOCOELICAUDIA.txt"
OPISTHOCOELICAUDIA:Unrecognized Creature Token: COLOUR
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_OVIRAPTOR.txt"
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_PUERTASAURUS.txt"
PUERTASAURUS:Unrecognized Creature Token: COLOUR
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_SHUVUUIA.txt"
SHUVUUIA:Unrecognized Creature Caste Body Token: 1FINGERS
SHUVUUIA:Tissue layer not added because no BP found: BY_CATEGORY:FINGER:TALON
*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/creature_TARCHIA.txt"
TARCHIA:Unrecognized Creature Token: COLOUR
path fail: Compsognathus,90,89,3 -> 90,100,4: Id #2026:Path Goal Conflict Defense:Station None at 90,89,3
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 04:39:37 pm by Eotyrannus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2013, 05:07:15 pm »

Being blind isn't necessarily going to show up in the error log, you could in principle have made a perfectly valid creature without any Body parts with the SIGHT token for example. 

I can't actually see your files because the mediafire download is taking forever (and since it's supposed to be a text file I cancelled).  Did you post an image of your file or something?

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2013, 12:01:15 pm »

Well, I checked the creatures, and they all have eyes. Is there any way that they could have eyes and not be able to see?

I'm not sure why it's taking forever (I downloaded them myself after fixing them, and they all took under a second). I'll post the data for the Gigantoraptor at the bottom. In case you can figure out their talon-lessness, I'll put the Therezinosaur up as well.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2013, 12:16:26 pm »

that double colon in Gigantoraptor isn't good, it's possible nothing after that point is getting parsed properly

[BODY:HUMANOID::TAIL:

if that is the case it would explain his problem with BITE too potentially.

Your Therezino has an "@" sign in it. ([PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN@BY_CATEGORY:THROAT])
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:31:20 pm by smakemupagus »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2013, 01:18:19 pm »

Ah, that should help out. TIME TO FIX!

Well, the source of the problem with the specific dinos was the double-colon, but in Therezinosaurus and Shuvuuia and the others affected by the talon problem, it was the BODY:HUMANOID instead of BODY_HUMANOID. Fixing that now!
Wait, no, that's wrong. UNBROKENING.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:30:40 pm by Eotyrannus »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2013, 11:43:06 am »

Okay, the Isle of Wight pack is being worked on, and I've done two types of pterosaur, three (I think) crocodilians, an iguanadont called a Dollodon and I'm in progress with a Hypsolophodon.

Also, with Gigantoraptor and Velociraptor getting LARGE_PREDATOR tags, you may want to be a bit warier in the desert. The raptors are too small to worry much about (they won't attack an adult dwarf, although teens and children are fair game). However, the Gigantoraptor and Tarbosaurus are still a huge worry.

A Gigantoraptor's bite can do huge damage to a dwarf, and will probably tear off limbs. If it doesn't (say, for example, in a bite to the lower body) then it will most likely latch on, and be torn apart with a good shake.

A Tarbosaurus is even more lethal. In my test run, the fight was excessively short. It was a bite to the head, and then game over for Tarbosaur food 1 as the skull was shattered and the brain was ripped to pieces. A second dwarf was sent in, as this was a lucky attack.
The dwarf got there first, and a punch to the leg bruised the fat. The Tarbosaur retaliated by:
 severing the dwarf's right hand
knocking the dwarf over
reaching inside the dwarf's mouth to grab them by the right back teeth
biting their upper body, tearing the muscle to shreds and bruising the lung
shaking the dwarf around, tearing even more muscle and opening an artery, twice
biting out the dwarf's upper front teeth
grabs the dwarf's leg
bites off their arm
locking their hip

The dwarf subsequently bled to death.

Said Tarbosaur went on to kill 6 elephants in a row, until I got bored.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:58:05 am by Eotyrannus »

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2013, 02:18:29 pm »

UPDATE: Velociraptor now spawns in deserts.

There is now a METRIC CLOWNLOAD of incredibly obscure dinosaurs and other carp that no one has ever heard of.

NOTICE: Please wait a second, quick bugfix. Amongst other things, I misspelt 'Quadruped' with game-breaking consequences.

Also, for some random reason, the EFFING CITIPATI is the most-downloaded dinosaur. I declare this to be weird.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:30:34 pm by Eotyrannus »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2013, 02:32:07 pm »

I have absolutely no idea what a citipati is, other than that it was the first one on your list ^^

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2013, 02:49:07 pm »

@Smake: It's like an Oviraptor (the egg-eating one), except it's bigger.

Okay, guys, set out to your tropical moist broadleaf forests, because now it has DARHNOSAUWRS FOR DA DORFS!

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2013, 02:51:59 pm »

Thanks.  I googled it and found some very awesome ancient artifacts of Day of the Dead style dancing skeletons which left me pleasantly confused.  I guess the dinosaurs when first found, looked the same to a witty paleontologist somewhere? :)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2013, 10:09:58 pm »

Metric clownload of dinosaurs, you say?

*checks front page*

...That's a bunch of separate text files. I might just reorganize that into one .txt file sometime...when I get around to copy-pasta-ing all that.

PS: Caulkicphalus links to the Bernissartia .txt file. You may want to fix that.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2013, 03:59:52 am »

Ya, I would've put them all in a single text file, but I'm not really sure how to do that and keep all the animals separate.

Okay, should be fixed. The Caulki seems to be quite popular in the fortress I'm making right now.

Holy eff, Protosplosions are excessively big and, seemingly, quite delicious. I am going to make five more as soon as possible.
Make that two. I don't have THAT much room for bone crafting...

So, anyone got anything they want for the next biome? Has to have non-avian dinosaurs in it, though. This is Saur Fortress, after all.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 07:46:33 am by Eotyrannus »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 23