Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23

Author Topic: FOR DAHRNOSAUWRS AND DORFS: SAUR FORTRESS  (Read 52281 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: FOR DAHRNOSAUWRS AND DORFS: SAUR FORTRESS
« Reply #225 on: March 19, 2014, 08:40:55 pm »

Can I suggest something?
The standard TAIL bodypart in body_default has a relative size of only 100, which doesn't work as well for dinosaurs as it does for modern mammals.

Specifically, for your sauropods' QUADRUPED_NECK_SAWR template, the feet (120) are all larger than the tail. The feet of these animals were supporting a lot of weight, but they wouldn't have more  mass than the tail, surely!

If you take a puertasaurus and chop it up (which isn't easy even for a giant with an enormous axe) you'll get 25 meat from the tail, and 33 from the feet. (100 from lower leg, 126 from upper)

Would you be willing to add a tail body part to the bodies (removing the vanilla tail from the creature definitions) and increase its size to a more proportionately accurate one? (4-500? Not really sure, but that's the size of an upper leg in your definitions.)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:48:30 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #226 on: March 20, 2014, 04:14:41 am »

Can I suggest something?
The standard TAIL bodypart in body_default has a relative size of only 100, which doesn't work as well for dinosaurs as it does for modern mammals.

Specifically, for your sauropods' QUADRUPED_NECK_SAWR template, the feet (120) are all larger than the tail. The feet of these animals were supporting a lot of weight, but they wouldn't have more  mass than the tail, surely!

If you take a puertasaurus and chop it up (which isn't easy even for a giant with an enormous axe) you'll get 25 meat from the tail, and 33 from the feet. (100 from lower leg, 126 from upper)

Would you be willing to add a tail body part to the bodies (removing the vanilla tail from the creature definitions) and increase its size to a more proportionately accurate one? (4-500? Not really sure, but that's the size of an upper leg in your definitions.)

Or you could just change the relsize in the template creature.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 21, 2014, 12:11:03 pm »

Yeah, true. There's always another way to go about it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

20firebird

• Bay Watcher
  • how did i get here
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 07, 2014, 10:04:15 pm »

Wouldn't it be better to add a new body part? There's still modern animals that need it.
In other news; I just realized I was still supposed to do this!
WHERE DO YOU EVEN GET ENOUGH BABY FOR A PICKAXE? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH BABY.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #229 on: April 08, 2014, 09:17:57 am »

[RELSIZE:BY_CATEGORY:TAIL:###] in the creature

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 08, 2014, 10:34:15 pm »

i made some graphics for the 1st 21 dinos
here is a link if anyone is interested i may do some more soon

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 10, 2014, 07:25:04 am »

This mod has lead to some purely awesome things happening in my fortress. Humans were riding armored triceratops into my fortress. Goblins riding Tyrannosaurus Rexes, and Elves riding Sauropods.

Thank you for making this mod. Now, if only there was an Ice Age mod that added in the creatures from the Ice Age. War mammoths, anyone?
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 10, 2014, 09:52:33 am »

We need to draw these events. Right now.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 10, 2014, 05:12:37 pm »

If I wasn't too lazy to figure out how modding works for my own mod, I'd join in on this whilst making marine life. I would add in mosasaurs since I don't think they've been added yet.

I'd also add in some of the great giants of the predinosaur time that I can't remember the name of right now. Before the giant insects, there were giants in the sea.
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 10, 2014, 05:14:55 pm »

Sea scorpions, placoderms or orthocones?

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 10, 2014, 05:18:26 pm »

Those things. Yes.

GENERATION 29:

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 10, 2014, 05:42:52 pm »

Sorry for double post.

I'd personally mod in these: http://listverse.com/2013/01/12/10-terrifying-prehistoric-sea-monsters/

GENERATION 29:

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 10, 2014, 05:47:44 pm »

Dakosaurus is on my list for some point, yes, along with Liopleurodon and friends. Still need to get off my butt.

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 10, 2014, 08:33:13 pm »

But no Megaladon?

EDIT: Here's a website that might give more ideas for dinosaurs and other creatures: http://www.prehistoric-wildlife.com/top-tens/top-ten-marine-predators.html
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:02:12 pm by StupidElves »

GENERATION 29:

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 11, 2014, 01:05:22 am »

Everything's in set time periods, so some things are reserved for later. If I do Megalodon, though, Livyatan will follow.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 23