Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: The Necromancer's tomb: GM retirement.  (Read 9603 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: The Necromancer's tomb: It begins.
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 03:43:01 pm »

"Yes of course. We should proceed with haste my fellows."

Do whatever artistry may be done to the shield before heading off with the others to confront the kobolds.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 04:25:30 pm »

allow me a moment to prepare and i will accompany you to deal with these pests

buy an iron shield, the skirmishing book and a lantern then follow the party
Buy the bastard sword if theres only one shield.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:18:58 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 04:28:14 pm »

Purchase A begginners introduction to magic: Mechanisms*, correcting any other typos I see. Also buy a good wooden staff and 5 meters of rope. (Money remaining: 40 gold.)
Then go with the others to the kobold mound.

*Unless someone lets Kim share their copy. He'll chip in 5-10 gold if they do so.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 04:39:32 pm »

Charles hand Kim his copy of the book.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 04:59:18 pm »

Offer Charles the 5 gold. Take and skim book.

(I almost skinned the book. Hilarious.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 05:15:42 pm »

Suddenly, Archmage Joe bursts in!
MUCKLE DAMRED CULT! 'AIR EH NAMBLIES BE KEEPIN' ME WEE MEN!?!?"
JK.

I buy a staff.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2013, 05:21:50 pm »

MUCKLE DAMRED CULT! 'AIR EH NAMBLIES BE KEEPIN' ME WEE MEN!?!?"
No. Don't make me say Hastur three times.
Sig

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2013, 10:00:06 pm »

"Hold there friends... I wish to take a moment to pray. The sun is beginning to dip into the lower sky." Taking a few steps to the left of the group Sir Knight Lunnar knelt with left hand touching the crest on his armor while he faced the ground.

"O' Magnificent Mother Luness protect those who have taken they charge
Where for art those who forsake the
so that I may strike upon their breasts thy blessing
For as mother disciplines child
so doth Luness discipline the wicked."

Standing again he smiled, despite the others being unable to see "It is more beautiful in the toungue of Luness."
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 10:01:59 pm by Nerjin »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 05:09:38 am »

Rothe purchases the bastard sword, and is surprised by how light it feels in his hands. It is truly a fine work of craftsmanship. When asked for information on it's maker however, the shopkeeper simply shrugs.
Rothe reads through The Skirmisher's Guide:
Tactics. The vital turning point of any battle. With them 100 men may best 1000, and without them lose to half their number. But many fail to realise the applications of tactics in a smaller battle. Bandits may flank travellers, and ambushes are often set by goblins. The trick with these smaller battles is to read the flow of the battle. Constant vigilance is needed, and the ability to read a battle well, for skirmishes change much more quickly than any clash of armies. The key to such battles is adaptability - to change and match your own plans to counter your opponents. An enemy may retreat, singling out a chasing member of the group, who is then surrounded. This is a perfect example. Seize upon even your own weakness, and turn it into success, and all shall be well. [Tactics +1] [Perception +1]

Kim reads a begginer's introduction to magic: Mechanisms:
........ [Magic devices +2] Although the magic actually taught is minimal, as with the mechanics, the combination of the two intruiges you. you gain a much better understanding of how the two may combine.

The shopkeeper goes back into the stores again. After a minute of rustling, he emerges with two staffs, one a sturdy oak staff, and the other mildly resembling a broomstick without the bristles. 'here yous go. Managed to find these out back. You'll have to decide among yourselves who gets which though. As for the rope, I got it here for yous.'

Sir Lunnar prays (1+3+1) There is no feeling of response beyond those of a mundane prayer.

Spoiler: Kris (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Charles Elfblood (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Archmage Joe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sir Knight Lunnar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kim R.Ason (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rothe (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 05:23:55 am »

A few hours later, the figures return to the bench outside the tavern, each arriving in their own time. Kris is last to arrive, dirty and tired, from his ineffective searching of the warehouse for signs of a kobold tunnel (1). Later that day, with nowhere to rest for the night, the figures are seen to leave town.....

You walk the short distance to dead man's copse without incident. The undead that plague the town seem to have no presence here, and birds sing in the trees. Advancing cautiously onwards, you see a cave entrance in the centre of the trees, which you can only assume is the entrance to the mound - the wrought iron gates locked over the entrance serve only to strengthen that impression. As you move forward, you stop at a muttered command from Rothe. (12+1) Sitting at the foot of the gates is a lone kobold, apparently asleep. You can make out little else about the figure from your current position.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 05:51:55 am »

i believe one of us should sneak over to that puny creature and prevent it from alerting its fellows to our presence, try to keep it alive if you can it may be able to lead us to the booze

Move cautiously in a wide arc around the kobold and prepare to ambush it if the others fail to subdue it

If i wake it before reaching the other side charge over to it and slash it across the back of the neck with my bastard sword
If i make it to the other side and the others fail to subdue it then strike it in the face with the hilt of my sword in an attempt to render it unconscious.
If the others slay it get upset and open the wrought iron gates
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 06:09:55 am »

i'll see if i can sneak up on him, shouldnt be too hard if he's asleep

move in an arc around the kobold and approach from the back to subdue him. after he's subdued tie him with the rope, if that fails and he wakes before i get close enough try to slash either the throat or back.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 06:46:17 am »

While they take care of the kobold, look for a dead animal to zombiefy.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2013, 11:29:24 am »

"Armor is not very good for sneaking. I shall await thee here until such a time as I may be more useful."

Wait until the Kobold is killed/captured

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2013, 05:27:03 pm »

I call the oak staff.

Step forward, lowering the hood of my cloak dramatically. Shake the kobold awake, with both of my faces in view but not blocking that of my friends. Grin twice at once. See how he reacts.
Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14