Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Combat Update: Are you looking forward to it?

I'm not in this game but I like voting in the thread.
- 8 (36.4%)
Yes, especially since Nerjin hasn't gotten my character in the world yet...
- 2 (9.1%)
Yes, can't wait to lay down the smackdown.
- 4 (18.2%)
No, I liked the story driven fights more.
- 1 (4.5%)
No, I don't care for it.
- 0 (0%)
I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay with whatever.
- 7 (31.8%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30

Author Topic: Continent of Centria: A Multi-player Fantasy RPG: The Combat Update  (Read 38131 times)

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Continent of Centria: A Multi-player Fantasy RPG
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2013, 03:45:46 pm »

It will largely depend on the wound. If it is a small [Like tripping on a rock or something domesticly small] most characters will enter a "dying" state. But something large [being hit by a forcefully flung rock etc.] will result in insta-death for 1 HP people. Unlike mana HP does not come in halves. THe game starts as soon as I finish up some things.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2013, 04:14:12 pm »

Can you not destroy the planet please? I live here you know and I'm very attached to you know..... living.
FYI, I'm sigging this. It describes my perception of Bay12 SO well...

Can you not destroy the planet please? I live here you know and I'm very attached to you know..... living.
I am not he who decides the effects of the explosion, only the one who makes sure there is one.
I'm going to try to be the other guy.
My goal is typically "None."

It will largely depend on the wound. If it is a small [Like tripping on a rock or something domesticly small] most characters will enter a "dying" state. But something large [being hit by a forcefully flung rock etc.] will result in insta-death for 1 HP people.
I'd imagine that the swiftness or presence of medical treatment also plays a role.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
Re: Continent of Centria: A Multi-player Fantasy RPG: Day 1
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2013, 05:22:44 pm »

Xantalos, Jbg97, and Greatwyrmgold

Goddamnmiracle

Mesor and Firelordsky

Sharpkris and Scapheap
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 08:11:00 pm by Nerjin »
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2013, 05:27:45 pm »

Drag all the loose wood up the sand far enough to keep the water off it then take all the rigging and whats left of the ships sail up to it as well.

(( I'm guessing our little ship had a sail? ))

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2013, 05:50:20 pm »

Consider inventory and try to find your way back to your band of berserkers. Continue in a good looking direction and look at the sky in an attempt to gauge weather.

"I might be lost. No matter."

(By the way, edit and amend turn post. I got lost apparently in the woods on the elder mountain.)
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2013, 05:56:36 pm »

Look for a cave.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2013, 06:02:21 pm »

Squire Fyrbrith looked at his companions. A mutilated bogeyman missing his wings and most of one horn and a mad warrior aren't exactly who he would choose to be stranded in the wilderness with...or be alone in a city with...or be near in a crowded tavern. Still, there's the possibility it would be better than being on his own. Standing as straight as he could and rolling his shoulders back, the squire looked the warrior and the bogeymen in their eyes in succession, trying to nonverbally establish dominance before speaking.

"First thing's first, we need to find some shelter for a camp--for tonight, at least. Once we do that, we'll need someone to make a fire, someone to make the beds and cook, and someone to get food. Anyone have a suggestion on where to go or want to volunteer for one of the three jobs?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2013, 06:07:10 pm »

"Blast and damnation, is it that I've ended up in this scenario again?"
The bogeyman scowls - at least the talking fellow looks like a good meat shield while the other was mere cannon fodder.
"I shall make the fire, and one of you two get the food. Probably the not-mad one. Either way, there should be shelter around here somewhere..."
Look for suitable shelter by sensing air currents. Make the fire out of whatever wood we have once there - concentrate the air around the fire to make it easier to start.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2013, 06:34:33 pm »

"If you really trust him with camp and cooking, sure."

Follow Finkus. Once we reach camp, try to set some snares and find some edible plants. Take my sword, in case something dangerous and/or edible comes close enough for a charge.
Sig

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2013, 06:45:30 pm »

"Lords of madness! this place is freezing!" looks around for some wood and a shelter from the cold "how did we end up here in the first place?!, it seems my luck never changes!" look at the  imprints in the snow "we should follow those tracks, they might lead us to where these animals are"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 06:56:08 pm by SharpKris »

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2013, 06:50:02 pm »

"Snares? Plants? THIS IS NOT MANLY SUSTINENCE."
Go hunting. Bring a flaming stick for warmth. Mountain Lions and Bears are included as hunt-able prey.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2013, 06:51:05 pm »

"...I'll set up camp then."
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2013, 06:52:05 pm »

"Well I know I didn't anger my goddess. You are very unlucky, may that it."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2013, 06:55:43 pm »

Continue walking unfeeling of the cold of the morning.

Mm. My stomach howls. I will eat when I arrive with my band. Or possibly before if luck presents itself. Lords this thing is heavy without a scabbard or sling. At least this shield fits on my back. Hm. i don't see the tracks of my brothers. Maybe I can find where they recently camped. Fire ashes, horse piles, scraps, the usual trail.

(2 handed weapon by the way if I can make suggestions)
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2013, 06:59:05 pm »

"no godess ever winked at me" he said smirking "but these tracks might lead us to some food and shelter"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30