Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress on Anook  (Read 2920 times)

3df6c

• Bay Watcher
  • Aye, what of it?
    • View Profile
Dwarf Fortress on Anook
« on: February 19, 2013, 04:29:57 pm »

So hello mates. I don't know if you have heard about the new social-site called Anook.com. Anyway, it's a brand new website for gamers to meet, unite and play together. You can link it to your Steam, Xbox live or Playstation network account. It lets you follow both users (much like twitter), games (for updates and gameplay etc.) and Nooks. Nooks are user made ''sites'' that can evolve around anything from clans to games and even phrases, it can be both public and private (so it ends up being much like a hybrid between facebooks sites and groups).

Now the reason I am posting this here is:
1. The number of users are currently 1500-2000 and I really want this community to be filled with open-minded and mature gamers, something the DF community (atleast in my eyes) have.
2. I have taken it upon myself to create a Dwarf Fortress Nook (as I am currently either unable to or unable to figure out how - to add games). The Dwarf Fortress Nook will be a place where we can discuss dwarfly matters, like new updates, features, mods etc. A place where we can post screenshots of our encounters with FUN and much more. But to do this we will need follows and active users.

So bottom line is; I think you should all go and create yourself an Anook account, because it's a great site and will probably become very popular over the next months. And, because you already are there, and because you love DF as much as I do; go ahead and follow the Nook. And together we will STRIKE THE EARTH AS TRUE DWARVES!

http://www.anook.com/guild/dwarf-fortress
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress on Anook
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 04:50:59 pm »

So basically Twitter: Gaming Edition + a respectable Facebook?
SIGN ME IN!

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 03:44:10 am »

Now the reason I am posting this here is:
1. The number of users are currently 1500-2000 and I really want this community to be filled with open-minded and mature gamers, something the DF community (atleast in my eyes) have.

i doubted this as soon as i saw "black opps"' tf2 and minecraft

but the site does look prety cool

3df6c

• Bay Watcher
  • Aye, what of it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 08:12:01 am »

"black opps"' tf2 and minecraft

Hmmm, yes, if anyone could be able to ruin this site it would probably be Minecraft and CoD-fanboys... But there is still very few users that are playing those games. Just another reason you should sign up and support the games that YOU like. That way the community will grow in the right direction and maybe even become unappealing to those types of ''gamers''. One can only hope  :-\
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 08:34:56 am »

Let's give this a shot...

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 09:12:08 am »

You know, Minecraft fanboys aren't THIS bad.
CoD fanboys, on the other hand...

At least, Dwarf Fortress is a game free of both - other games I play, like TF2 or (free) Ace of Spades, suffer a lot from CoD fanboys.

3df6c

• Bay Watcher
  • Aye, what of it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 06:22:19 pm »

You know, Minecraft fanboys aren't THIS bad.
CoD fanboys, on the other hand...

At least, Dwarf Fortress is a game free of both - other games I play, like TF2 or (free) Ace of Spades, suffer a lot from CoD fanboys.

Well, there is a difference between being a Minecraft fanboy and being a respectable human being common dude playing Minecraft.
GENERATION 32:

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 12:25:12 am »

I just signed up. I, too, hope that the community will grow with moderately mature members, but the fanboys permeate everything eventually.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Soulbourne

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 01:24:17 am »

*Adds another account to support*

Don't forget to throw up a general board to draw in any trolls trying to ruin our fun.  :P

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 09:35:18 am »

Im one of those weird people that doesnt actualy use facebook, but ill sign up to this just for the virtue of it now having a DF page :P
Well that and it doesnt seem so intent on leeching out my private information to sell to the highest bidder.

Seems like DF is not officialy added as a game though. Wonder if theres a place where we can pester them about that.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 01:11:38 pm »

What kind of dorf doesn't dig in and hide from the outside world, and put up a titanic wall of unpleasant crap to ward off intruders?
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 01:23:28 pm »

Sure, I just signed up. Not entirely sure how this is meant to work, but if it's anything like DarkDXZ says, then I guess it could be a laugh :D.

3df6c

• Bay Watcher
  • Aye, what of it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 12:40:58 pm »

Seems like DF is not officialy added as a game though. Wonder if theres a place where we can pester them about that.

There is a place where you can suggest games to be added, but I've been told that they will try and add the game as fast as possible. :)
GENERATION 32:

arbiter787

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING] noobishness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2013, 04:03:16 pm »

I also don't use Facebook, or Twitter, or Instagram, or any other social media site, but I'll sign up for the sake of THE DWARVES!
Most people say "I hate losing". I say "Hells yes I lost to a zombie unicorn rampage!

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 12:43:13 pm »

DF is added as an actual game now: http://www.anook.com/game/dwarf-fortress

Added the first glorious ascii art allready :P
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!
Pages: [1] 2