Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Dark Magi: The Terenos Cut OOC Thread.  (Read 10633 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: The Terenos Cut OOC Thread.
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2013, 04:11:01 pm »

Fniff, you obviously missed something

Please, continue to argue against your death. At this point I'm simply going to ignore you entirely because you're apparently unable to grasp simple concepts like 'teamwork' and 'being wrong'.

I am done. Let the monkey continuing flinging poo where it wants. Seems a better use of it's time than paying attention to the world around it.

And actually, YOU are one of the 2 people GWG referred to 'sharing the same sins'. Having fun in a random village while the rest of us tried not to die? Yeah, thought so...how very helpful of you to run away on almost entirely Meta knowledge...
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2013, 04:14:48 pm »

Alright, as long as there isn't any more arguing, that's fine by me.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2013, 04:26:56 pm »

And actually, YOU are one of the 2 people GWG referred to 'sharing the same sins'. Having fun in a random village while the rest of us tried not to die? Yeah, thought so...how very helpful of you to run away on almost entirely Meta knowledge...
I hadn't noticed that, but it's very true--even more so than it was for Maxine!
My character studied and failed to copy books and whatnot, slowing down the speed at which others learned.
Cyber's character was out of the tower during the siege, threatening the ability of the others to live...
And no guilt?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2013, 04:28:44 pm »

GWG. May I suggest that you leave the thread? You really have no reason to stay here, instead of arguing, and that can be done in PMs.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2013, 05:14:50 pm »

Oh, and by the way: This is a minor bit of complaint against the way Terenos dismissed my arguments about Maxine not having any useful skills, and therefore not having anything to do except test my luck further in the catacombs, risk destroying something with Void Magic, or learn more.
Spoiler: Samuel Ericson (click to show/hide)

But yeah, I'll stop posting here if my character doesn't show up and if no one provokes me again.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2013, 06:13:17 pm »

The fact your character backgrounds are 2 lines at best is the issue you face, per Terenos' own admission, of ever seeing gameplay again. You can't make an entrance into the game when he has nothing to work with.

On the other note: I made a suicidal charge into town PRIOR to the siege, in an effort to shitcan the event from happening. Of course if you made any attempt to bother reading anyone else's turn posts, you'd know that. Your excuse of 'avoiding meta' also means that you're incapable of acting on information you know simply because your character doesn't - Which actually brings us back to your inability to RP and terrible character backstory.

Shoot: It's not really an argument when one side of it is so horribly dug into it's own hole that seppuku is the only plausible end. Especially when they can't pick a stance for their own defense. I also see nothing else being done with the OOC thread since no one seems to have any constructive commentary for the game itself.

TL:DR - Blah blah blah, shoo dog shoo. I heart Shoot
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 06:14:58 pm by CyberGenesis »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2013, 08:13:18 pm »

The fact your character backgrounds are 2 lines at best is the issue you face, per Terenos' own admission, of ever seeing gameplay again. You can't make an entrance into the game when he has nothing to work with.
The first was a pretty obvious joke; the second, I can expand on.

On the other note: I made a suicidal charge into town PRIOR to the siege, in an effort to shitcan the event from happening. Of course if you made any attempt to bother reading anyone else's turn posts, you'd know that.
I'm sorry, were you locked into town?

Your excuse of 'avoiding meta' also means that you're incapable of acting on information you know simply because your character doesn't - Which actually brings us back to your inability to RP and terrible character backstory.
Wait...so not using information my character doesn't know makes my roleplaying worse? Or are you saying my character should know what all the other characters are doing even when there's no way for him/her to find out?
Sig

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 04, 2013, 07:09:27 am »

application extended:

Name: Asha Desa
Description: She is a 5 foot 4 inch lady with a regal posture. She is curvaceous, which is accentuated by the form fitting brown robes she wears. She is very attractive with sea blue eyes and hip length blonde hair. Likes to smile. Carries a steel longsword on her left hip in a slightly tattered and bloodied scabbard. Has a small pentagram necklace with a leather strap. Her voice is smooth and calming, with an odd lilt from an unknown accent.

Backstory: A Blood mage apprentice in the cabal, she was forced to go on the run by the purge. She has been on the road ever since pretending to be a traveling healer and herbalist. She traveled around the kingdoms, meeting and conversing with a huge range of people. She developed impressive rhetorical and argumentative skills and learnt quite a bit about being a natural healer from constant use of herbs and natural healing poultices whilst on the road. Her competence in her chosen sphere also increased on the road as she used her magic in combat agaisnt bandits and highwaymen, as well as the treatment of severe ills and injuries.

Sphere: Death
Elements: Blood (hopefully earth as well in the future).

--------------

as for the bump, i had a brain fart and forgot that February only has 28 days in.....
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 07:11:01 am by kahn1234 »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2013, 01:26:22 pm »

Hey Pariah, make sure you bold your actual Actions by the way

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2013, 02:05:35 pm »

Hey not to rush anything but will I be able to join in soon?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2013, 08:34:40 pm »

Yeah Gman, you're next in, but it takes time to set up an entrance point appropriate for the story. You'd need to hear about the necromancers in Suomi, to want to head that way yourself.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2013, 08:44:15 pm »

Okay I don't mind waiting.  I was just curious if I was still getting into the game.
Sure thing peanut man!

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2013, 09:26:10 pm »

you complain about getting in then don't post, good job

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2013, 02:29:26 pm »

Me?  I posted...  I just wait because my actions depend on those of another player.
Sure thing peanut man!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2013, 10:12:25 am »

Sorry about that, I swore I posted another message saying to change my action, but I guess it didn't go through. I'll try not to do it again, but I've been distracted recently.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10