Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Dark Magi: The Terenos Cut OOC Thread.  (Read 10630 times)

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: The Terenos Cut OOC Thread.
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2013, 10:00:29 am »

Yeah seems reasonable if a tad sparse. Note, Sparseness prevents me from really doing a whole lot in terms of giving you backstory related skills and items. And everyone gets at least one skill/item.

Also why did you bump the game thread? Isnt like I forgot, and fniff's just travelling so I dont -need- turn input there.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2013, 01:14:49 pm »

There's also zero reason to bump the main thread of any game on these forums, especially ones with OOC threads.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2013, 04:12:33 pm »

Wait, is my application okay?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2013, 04:49:22 pm »

Cant see why it wouldnt be.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 07:40:01 pm »

Do the suomi villagers know im an earth mage or are they just hoping to get lucky?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 09:38:50 pm »

They do not. They're looking for one, but that wasnt made known to you. Or any of the residents of Vis Valdi.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 09:45:27 pm »

Ah, i thought they might have somehow discovered my characters sordid past and come looking

Could be entertaining if they find me though, all the effort my character must have put into reaching the tower only to be forced/hired to destroy it after getting so close...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2013, 12:03:40 am »

Wounded, damaged gear, more pressing threats to safety over production? Shall I continue? You did notice we were sorta attacked right? Had i known THAT would happen i would have waited until afterward to kill you.
None of that impairs your vocal cords.

You can claim you tried to fix it all you want, but the sheer fact you continued to be a tool about the books for almost 10 straight posts meant more than any amount of 'willingness' to be useful.
I was starting to be useful! Why don't you get that?

And actually you aren't even a corpse, which i was hoping for at LEAST a new zombie out of killing you. Instead i lost an eye and broke my staff and got nothing afterward.
How ungrateful of me.

Either way, I was simply the trigger man and I had given a full heads up IC that failure meant death - which you ignored entirely.
How is this relevant?

Even after you made Adept, you continued to cock-block the rank progression of the rest of the tower.
Wasn't the turn after I made Adept the one where I was persuaded to help you? Or was that the one I tried to improve our library?

Your death was justified, live with that.
I've given up on convincing anyone otherwise, no matter how wrong they may be, but don't you see that letting others off the hook for some of the main crimes I did isn't exactly good either:?

What's worse? I wasn't even the first person to ATTEMPT you kill you, you were simply too dense to notice and rolled too well for it to happen sooner.
Okay, I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that. Definitely if the attempt on my life was mentioned in the section where everything of note which happened to Maxine is put, which it really should have been.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2013, 01:48:24 am »

Wounded, damaged gear, more pressing threats to safety over production? Shall I continue? You did notice we were sorta attacked right? Had i known THAT would happen i would have waited until afterward to kill you.

The fact i wasn't in the tower for some turns and upon returning we were attacked sorta impairs my ability to communicate with tower residents. Since you were incapable of bothering to try to do any RP communication with anyone, i wouldn't expect you to understand that

Either way, I was simply the trigger man and I had given a full heads up IC that failure meant death - which you ignored entirely.
How is this relevant?

The IC warning was several turns before you -ever- bothered to try looking for the books you lost. So entirely relevant actually. You were warned, IC, and you ignored it to continue being a prat making ONE attempt to find the books (failing) and then back to study without a care. You seem to be hallucinating some world where screwing the entire tower and taking 3x longer than it should have to A) start looking and B) finish looking before going back to being useless - in a worthless library at that. That's the kicker: You ganked the library, then proceeded to try studying in the ganked library TWICE instead of fixing it first. In your OWN self-interest you were even useless.

Even after you made Adept, you continued to cock-block the rank progression of the rest of the tower.
Wasn't the turn after I made Adept the one where I was persuaded to help you? Or was that the one I tried to improve our library?

Persuaded? I asked for your 'help' simply to get you outside and into an ambush, which you sadly rolled high enough to notice. And improve how? No one needed duplicates of the books (an act in which you continued to cause the -2 malus during) because them being lost was no longer an issue once Ardas had warded them against removal fro the library. In fact your attempts to 'improve' the library continued to hinder the efforts of other players trying to advance in rank.

What's worse? I wasn't even the first person to ATTEMPT you kill you, you were simply too dense to notice and rolled too well for it to happen sooner.
Okay, I'm pretty sure I would have noticed that. Definitely if the attempt on my life was mentioned in the section where everything of note which happened to Maxine is put, which it really should have been.

Here, Update Part 16, post #215:
Roland
[?] Lacking a good point where you could use the element of surprise to your advantage, you instead bend your efforts towards your research.

Sorry to out you shoot, but the proof needed to be made clear.

You were killed for blatant disregard for the productivity of the ENTIRE TOWER, not just yourself. You seem to think one act of productivity outweighs 10+ turns of uselessness because you did a tiny bit of exploring. The very moment that the library was established, you basically never left. Even before that you decided 'cooking' was a legitimate use of your time. An act which, honestly, i thought was purely fluff and an RP attempt - which i humored. You then proceeded to ignore the RP posts everyone else made and infact answered IC remarks OOC, making your previous 'cooking' posts COMPLETELY useless and thus adding to reasoning to want you gone.

You can keep trying to convince 5 players that your death wasn't justified, but the moment you decided to make a 36pt font post to cry at us - we stopped caring. We tried, several times, to get the point across to you in varying degrees of subtlety. You were oblivious to it all, which you continue to apparently be. It's sad when the GM basically flat out tells you you're being a ponce, and you continue to screw the entire group for several turns. People purely watching the game thought you should be killed, as adwarf pointed out.

Please, continue to argue against your death. At this point I'm simply going to ignore you entirely because you're apparently unable to grasp simple concepts like 'teamwork' and 'being wrong'.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2013, 07:34:31 am »

GWG, this is pointless. Everyone in the tower agreed that your death was inevitable. You simply went in everyeon's way and your attitude does not help you at all - this same attitude made us decide that you were irredemable.

I hope that you take one lesson out of this - When trying to help or be useful, talk to people first before acting. You might avoid stepping on people's toes.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2013, 09:20:46 am »

Hey when (if) I can actually join in and post my turn could the GM just pm me?
Sure thing peanut man!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2013, 10:04:23 am »

Yeah Gman, I'll be constructing your entry point next. And I'll pm ya so you know you're in.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2013, 12:16:31 pm »

Thanks, sounds great!
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2013, 02:21:37 pm »

The fact i wasn't in the tower for some turns and upon returning we were attacked sorta impairs my ability to communicate with tower residents.
True.

Since you were incapable of bothering to try to do any RP communication with anyone, i wouldn't expect you to understand that
I was busy studying. From personal experience, study and chatter don't mix.

How is this relevant?
The IC warning was several turns before you -ever- bothered to try looking for the books you lost.
Oh, that. I thought you meant the fact that you would die if you screwed up.
And, once again, once you actually killed me I was finished with my "useless" phase, which I had mentioned OOC and such, and IC by helping out. Or trying to but being killed.

Persuaded? I asked for your 'help' simply to get you outside and into an ambush, which you sadly rolled high enough to notice.
Yes, yes, but I didn't know that. Well, until you killed me.
(FYI, I accepted your invitation to help to show that I would be helpful.)

And improve how? No one needed duplicates of the books (an act in which you continued to cause the -2 malus during) because them being lost was no longer an issue once Ardas had warded them against removal fro the library.
So only one person can study a given book when they're both in the library?

In fact your attempts to 'improve' the library continued to hinder the efforts of other players trying to advance in rank.
It was a temporary issue which would have been resolved if my plan had worked. A temporary penalty for a benefit next turn and the rest of the game seemed a fair trade-off to me.

Here, Update Part 16, post #215:
Roland
[?] Lacking a good point where you could use the element of surprise to your advantage, you instead bend your efforts towards your research.
Sorry to out you shoot, but the proof needed to be made clear.
That's a little bit vague, you know. And I try not to read into the others' actions too much if my character isn't aware of them, to avoid metagaming.

You were killed for blatant disregard for the productivity of the ENTIRE TOWER, not just yourself. You seem to think one act of productivity outweighs 10+ turns of uselessness because you did a tiny bit of exploring. The very moment that the library was established, you basically never left. Even before that you decided 'cooking' was a legitimate use of your time. An act which, honestly, i thought was purely fluff and an RP attempt - which i humored. You then proceeded to ignore the RP posts everyone else made and infact answered IC remarks OOC, making your previous 'cooking' posts COMPLETELY useless and thus adding to reasoning to want you gone.
No, my point was that you were claiming that I never helped. I've freely admitted that I wasn't very helpful, with the caveat that I was ready and able to help when you killed me.

You can keep trying to convince 5 players that your death wasn't justified,
Please, continue to argue against your death. At this point I'm simply going to ignore you entirely because you're apparently unable to grasp simple concepts like 'teamwork' and 'being wrong'.
I'm not. I'm merely pointing out that others have emulated some of the deeds which got me killed with no repercussions whatsoever.

To repeat, in larger font because this has been ignored for a while:
I AM NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE YOU MY DEATH WAS UNJUSTIFIABLE, JUST THAT OTHERS HAVE SHARED MY CRIMES SINCE MY DEATH.

-----

I thought I had already posted a new application. Huh.

Spoiler: River Griffonrage (click to show/hide)
Oh, and by the way: This is a minor bit of complaint against the way Terenos dismissed my arguments about Maxine not having any useful skills, and therefore not having anything to do except test my luck further in the catacombs, risk destroying something with Void Magic, or learn more.
Spoiler: Samuel Ericson (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2013, 11:19:03 am »

Can you guys take this to the PMs? This argument is clogging up both threads and doesn't seem to be winding down. It's not exactly pressing to the RP itself either.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10