Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Dark Magi: The Terenos Cut OOC Thread.  (Read 10632 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Magi: The Terenos Cut OOC Thread.
« Reply #105 on: November 22, 2013, 07:45:07 pm »

I didnt say he was faultless and im pretty sure he returned everything once he levelled up but cyber never gave him the chance to make up for his actions afterwards.

Its possible im just biased by my hatred of playerkilling but i feel that ninja murder was a bit extreme.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 22, 2013, 07:48:09 pm »

He didn't return the books - his last action was to hide them away, despite everyone asking him to return them. He ignored our requests, worked only for himself, and got killed for it. I still hold that CG was not in the wrong.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2013, 07:49:31 pm »

I think its pretty obvious by now that GM both condones player-killing and that players themselves can get the rocks to fall on them. Given the theme and our situation IC, there is little to argue here.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 22, 2013, 08:01:49 pm »

I remember him taking books to copy so that multiple people could study at once, no malicious intent here even if he went about it the wrong way
I remember him posting an action to return the books, searching the thread revealed that Terenos himself prevented this because someone else wanted to use the library.

But yeah, ardas is right this argument isnt worth arguing over.
Weve all made up our minds on whos right or wrong so lets just agree to disagree and get on with the game.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 22, 2013, 08:32:56 pm »

I didnt say he was faultless
I keep having to say this, too. Why does everyone keep strawmanning me?

Also, I clearly recall trying to make copies of the books right before I was killed. Hiding them was NOT my last action. My last action was going along to help my killer with some other action, trying to make up for my screwups.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 22, 2013, 08:54:20 pm »

It's sort of irrelevant at this point.

In matters of life and death, the winner is always right. :P

Jokes aside, time goes on, disagreements happen and sometimes people will never see eye to eye. The beauty of the internet is that we can't kill the people who don't see eye to eye with us, we can only kill their avatars in games. ;)
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2013, 09:02:49 pm »

My apologies its taken so long to get the next turn out. 2 battles, as well as some busy times in reality. Should have it out tomorrow sometime.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 26, 2013, 09:17:36 pm »

No problem. Thanks for letting us know what's going on.
Sure thing peanut man!

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 27, 2013, 10:28:33 pm »

1) OOC thread exists for a reason.

Further 1)How the hell do you precisely intend to secretly grab your bow and notch an arrow when you're talking to people within Regular Conversation Distance ?
2) Yes, you shot her with your unreadied bow. They get secret actions too, and you cannot instantly mentally command your minions, AND throw down with a weapon you're unused to, that isnt even readied.
3) Your golems were in an unspecified location. In addition yes, Detani won the initiative over your golems. Golems, are notoriously slow.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 27, 2013, 10:54:55 pm »

1) By having secretly readied it the turn before
2) i still should have been able to prevent detanis initial cast by firing with my readied bow.
3) my golems were with me helping to move rubble, detani came to me.

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 27, 2013, 11:11:59 pm »

So you're saying  that during that entire conversation, you were sitting there with a notched bow? And they just took this as a normal occurence and didnt say 'Oh no hes going to ATTACK US' then attacked you. Leaving us at you reading your bow as an action, and them attacking you.

Some actions are just not possible to do secretly. There is no possible way you can secretly ready a bow for firing. They will notice that sort of thing. And likely take it as a sign you're going to attack. Which leads us to combat, and initiative, and so forth.
Now, if they want to say 'Yeah, we let him ready his bow' then this is moot, but no one will ever say that.

So that handles 1 and 2. Now 3, yes, they were helping you move rubble. And then they failed horribly at their initiative rolls, and they move SLOWLY. Golems: Good to smack people with, but they are ponderous, and easy to outrun.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 27, 2013, 11:18:52 pm »

You didnt have a problem with me readying it the turn before the conversation started, yet the turn after in which combat starts i suddenly cant have it readied?

Again i call bullshit.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 27, 2013, 11:35:06 pm »

Dying always sucks but just deal with it. You're not going to retroactively be brought back in from arguing, and it's putting you on bad terms with the GM.
Sure thing peanut man!

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 27, 2013, 11:36:55 pm »

Some actions are just not possible to do secretly. There is no possible way you can secretly ready a bow for firing. They will notice that sort of thing. And likely take it as a sign you're going to attack. Which leads us to combat, and initiative, and so forth.
Now, if they want to say 'Yeah, we let him ready his bow' then this is moot, but no one will ever say that.

No, they won't - because that's stupid. For many reasons, most of which have already been stated in the realm of "Obvious Hostile Maneuver". The action is also illogical unless you were -planning- to take on 2 people at once to kill them without any forethought that they were going to kill you. RP or not, a nice punch in the head would sort of distract from attempting to notch an arrow.

Leading to the followup concept: The punch in the head would give cause to notch - Which then circumnavigates back to the realm of "Obvious action" and thus combat.

Addendum to point 3 made by Unholy: You also all agreed it was a non-hostile RP action. Why exactly would your golems suddenly lurch forward to defend you and start a fight when it was decided by the parties involved not to be a fight action?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 11:45:26 pm by CyberGenesis »
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2013, 12:02:51 am »

No, they won't - because that's stupid. For many reasons, most of which have already been stated in the realm of "Obvious Hostile Maneuver". The action is also illogical unless you were -planning- to take on 2 people at once to kill them without any forethought that they were going to kill you. RP or not, a nice punch in the head would sort of distract from attempting to notch an arrow.

Leading to the followup concept: The punch in the head would give cause to notch - Which then circumnavigates back to the realm of "Obvious action" and thus combat.

Addendum to point 3 made by Unholy: You also all agreed it was a non-hostile RP action. Why exactly would your golems suddenly lurch forward to defend you and start a fight when it was decided by the parties involved not to be a fight action?
I readied my bow while i was still in the rubble field when they were still walking up to the tower, there is nothing surprising about an ally with a readied weapon running around while his minions are trying to dig his comrades out of a ruined base.

I allowed the punch to happen because i wanted to avoid a physical or magical confrontation.

Detani informed flint that he was going to be murdered, that is cause to unleash the golems.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10