Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding to make weird stuff breed  (Read 670 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding to make weird stuff breed
« on: February 18, 2013, 08:09:24 am »

Hello, I'm new to this forum, but I have played this game for a while.

I have a question regarding the tags that I should use to make some casteless critters breed. (Floating guts and Creeping eyes in particular)

What I know:

-There should be a male and female caste
-There should be a [child:1] tag (or simmilar)
-Creeping eyes are [evil], so I shold remove them to be able to tame them and also add a [pet] tag

What I don't know:

-Is there a need to modify (or add) the [body_size] tags to allow infants to have different wheights? If I don't do this, will they be wheightless?

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Modding to make weird stuff breed
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 08:42:52 am »

I don't think so (on the last question). They people who post mostly in the modding subforum are probably the ones who know more of this than the average person at gameplay questions (some exceptions such as Q). Honestly, I believe this is a modding question and you're more likely to get a fast and accurate response there.

Good luck
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 09:11:54 am »

Ok, thanks! I will post there then...

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 11:10:08 am »

For your assumptions:
1)Is correct.
2)Is correct.
3)Is partway correct. If you want them tamed in world generation (so you can embark with them) then yes, you will need to remove the [EVIL] token. If all you want to do is tame them in your fortresses it won't be required though. But yes, they will need the pet token.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 11:38:36 am »

Well, thanks for making these things clear for me

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 12:50:49 pm »

For purposes of dealing with size there isn't anything to worry about. Though size is defined by age, they are completely separate things. For example creeping eyes have [BODY_SIZE:0:0:20000], meaning that at an age of zero they have a body size of 20,000 and then never grow. Turkeys have
Code: [Select]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:85]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:2500]
[BODY_SIZE:2:0:5000]
Meaning that at an age of 0 they have a size of 85, then at 1 year-old they have a size of 2500, then at 2 years-old they have a size of 5000. Regardless of how long they spend as a child they will reach those approximate sizes at those ages. This is the same reason why dragons can be considered adults before they are fully grown (only reaching their full size until they are 1000 years old).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 04:33:11 pm »

That's a useful thing to know, I think that I am going to make them grow from 200, to 2000, to finally 20000. Now I need to find an evil embark with sliver barb and I will make a dark dwarven fortress of doom with these things as sentinels. And, yes, it will feed on floating gut guts.

Thanks for the help!