Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Male circumcision tied to less sexual pleasure  (Read 7020 times)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Male circumcision tied to less sexual pleasure
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2013, 04:08:15 am »

This thread was painful to read. I never knew people fought over foreskins so avidly. As someone who is cut, a decision made by my parents, I have no problem with it.

And I think there hasn't been any real hard scientific evidence on the usefulness of foreskins because they're just foreskins

Your eyelids are just eyelids. I'm going to come 'round on the morrow and cut them off. Not like they are there for a reason or anything. Oh no, that would be silly.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2013, 04:11:01 am »

This thread was painful to read. I never knew people fought over foreskins so avidly. As someone who is cut, a decision made by my parents, I have no problem with it.

And I think there hasn't been any real hard scientific evidence on the usefulness of foreskins because they're just foreskins

Your eyelids are just eyelids. I'm going to come 'round on the morrow and cut them off. Not like they are there for a reason or anything. Oh no, that would be silly.
I wouldn't mind. They just obstruct ky field of vision and don't do much for me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 18, 2013, 06:56:08 am »

The fact that most people don't report problems doesn't mean that's the case for all people.  The whole point of this study is that some people do (some people in this thread have, even).

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 18, 2013, 09:06:58 am »

I wouldn't mind. They just obstruct ky field of vision and don't do much for me.

I'm pretty sure your eyeballs would dry out and you'd go blind if you didn't have eyelids.

Also, ptw, although it seems I've missed the bulk of the discussion.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 18, 2013, 11:49:00 am »

So, in other words, needs more information. Mayhaps end of thread would be wise.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 18, 2013, 12:22:37 pm »

People are seriously defending mutilation?

The only benefit is reduced STD transmission and that benefit no longer occurs if you use a condom (it does the same thing and better). The downside is taking away part of someone's body without their permission that they can never get back (and just read the thread title for why that's bad and not the same as say, removing one's appendix).

There are a few situations where circumcision can be a good idea (third world countries where condoms aren't easy to come by). In every other situation it's goddamn disgusting; comparisons to other disgusting things are unnecessary since it's horrific in its own right. Stop defending useless mutilation.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 18, 2013, 12:34:24 pm »

I was the only one defneding it, and only in the case of third world coutnries where condoms are hard to get by (not talking of HAART). So we agree. :)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 18, 2013, 02:08:21 pm »

What can we say to African women who want their daughters to look like them, or Egyptian doctors who defend the medical benefits of FGC? Both are acceptable reasons to cut boys in the West. Failure to confront male genital cutting just makes it harder to eradicate female genital cutting. That is one of the points made in this article by attorney Steven Svoboda. It is thoroughly researched, and explains the shared history of and changing attitudes towards the two procedures.

http://www.davidwilton.com/files/darby-mgm-fgm-maq-0907.pdf
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:12:51 pm by moocowmoo »

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2013, 07:34:56 pm »

I don't like my lack of sensation. Fucking parents.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]