Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Leap Day - hope you like paying  (Read 15023 times)

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Leap Day - multiplayer F2P breed of Spacechem and economical strategy
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2013, 06:15:46 am »

This game is surprisingly fun. I started my first game yesterday. While some people have issues with forest, on my side it's rather water that's being an annoyance.

Spoiler: Current setup (click to show/hide)

It's far from being the most efficient setup, but it works relatively well. The sad part is that my initial construction, the spyglass production chain, is by far the best part and everything built since has been more and more inefficient. The last additions are totally random.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2013, 06:50:16 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Started right next to GirlInHat, huzzah! I am giving her some ore and opal, which means she's making wicked Stone rings that we sell for huge profit. And then, I'm focusing on a massive spyglass manufacture. I've got some central places that carry only glass and polished crystals. They relay this to a main factory that takes some useless crap, the glass and the crystals and makes looking glasses straight into the main base.

I am making 8 in the top-left at the moment (8x300=2400), and if my neighbour responds to the request for stone, everything is set up to increase production to 12! (12x300=3600). Plus some glass at the bottom-right, and another 4 looking glasses on the right. I'm pretty set as far as money goes, now I just need to get closer to the baddie.

Also, the train tracks are wicked cool. They allow you to have transport passing REALLY close to one another without interference. Pretty expensive, but worth it! You just have to win a game.

Speaking of which, I don't think you can leave the game, but you might be able to beat the thing if you work hard enough. Try at least to beat the mini-boss, even if just for fun :) The higher levels definitely have more active people, but might require big factories, that you might have to pay for (not sure).

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2013, 10:52:16 am »

WITNESS THE POWER OF THIS FULLY OPERATIONAL
SPYGLASS-O-TRON 9000

This sprawling construction is producing and selling 16 spyglasses per day, 4 of which use resources from a neighbour. I'm earning the obscene amount of 7k per day, and have already completed two of the bosses' towers. Man, I'm proud of that.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 01:39:27 pm by Anvilfolk »

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2013, 11:18:34 am »

hey so I'm confusssed. I thawed out the boss tower and he wants cat statues (simple) so thats easy, I can make em.

Once I get the cat statues made, do I deliver them to my queen or do I send them to the boss towers?
I got nothing

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2013, 11:21:18 am »

Nice setup, Anvilfolk.

@ductape
Directly to the boss towers!

Spot the unused resource:
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2013, 11:30:02 am »

1,543 a day; win!
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2013, 11:57:40 am »

Spoiler: My Current Setup (click to show/hide)

Seems with a lot of work, you can produce good stuff even in a heavily wooded area. Currently makes me 2162. Got a little spyglass chain going at the bottom, which sadly doesn't work as well as it should because the trees interfere. The top bit works perfectly though, creates 4 windows.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2013, 12:11:30 pm »

I'm trading gemstones with myself, anvilfolk, and a neighbor, producing 3 stone necklaces for ~3.3k daily.  So half of Anvilfolk's profit is thanks to me and another :P

I also woke up with like 1.5mil disposable income.  Pile-drive torches straight to the boss!

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2013, 02:17:35 pm »

I am considering paying for another game slot. This game is fun and I would love to have more to do while I wait.
I got nothing

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2013, 02:33:59 pm »

Speaking of which, I don't think you can leave the game, but you might be able to beat the thing if you work hard enough. Try at least to beat the mini-boss, even if just for fun :) The higher levels definitely have more active people, but might require big factories, that you might have to pay for (not sure).

;)

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2013, 03:14:11 pm »

This is really fun. Currently making 1276 per day on a simple map. We're three active players, so I think we'll be winning this.

How does everyone get access to the railway? That seems to be really handy for shipping stuff between factories and the palace. Do you unlock it by playing somehow? Can't say that I'm very keen on paying for this.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2013, 03:21:37 pm »

Yeah, you get it after winning your first game! :)

It's awesome, it allows you to fine tune so many more things and use space so much better! In particular, it's great to carry things for quite some distances in the middle of a gigantic forest or swampland :P

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2013, 03:28:08 pm »

1971 2041 YUS!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 04:49:16 pm by Chattox »
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2013, 03:38:31 pm »

Over 1000!

Hooray!

EDIT:Dropped to 900, when I went back on.

The hell?
You might have accidentally clicked on a building, spinning it around. Has happened to me a couple times.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2013, 04:40:41 pm »

Yeah, I've had random pieces of roads disappear as well!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10