Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Leap Day - hope you like paying  (Read 15002 times)

Chedd

• Escaped Lunatic
  • One of the Spry Foxes
    • View Profile
    • Spry Fox homepage
Re: Leap Day - multiplayer F2P breed of Spacechem and economical strategy
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2013, 05:00:15 pm »

That's odd. I started a game after that 'caged' update came out, and my flan are doing it fine.

Are you certain the game started after the update? If so, I'd appreciate if you could post an observer link to your game (using cntrl-C) in the Leap Day bug forum. Thanks in advance!!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2013, 07:45:47 pm »

That's odd. I started a game after that 'caged' update came out, and my flan are doing it fine.

Did the game START after the update, or did you just JOIN it after the update?

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2013, 07:56:59 pm »

Honestly the caged flan approach was excellent, I am not happy to know it has been removed.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2013, 06:54:26 pm »

Now that I've joined a game where the one-tile conveyor flan has been nerfed, I sure miss it. It was a pretty neat way to deal with very crowded places on the map. I'm not quite sure if it's a good or a bad change yet, though.

I know that my and two other's dull crown production in the last game would probably have been impossible without it.
Entropy is not what it used to be.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2013, 08:30:26 am »

Chedd, can I please have a couple of inventory slots for referring a ton of players to your awesome game (nickname's Dariush)? ^_^

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

Really? :P

I'm going to start a game with the one-tile nerf... I don't see myself making nearly as much money. That tactic was an integral part of my big factories :( Especially once you get to the point where you have train tracks as well, which let you have several caged flans/trains next to one another.....

I'll see how it goes.

OH GOD THERE'S NO SPACE FOR ANYTHING!

Seriously though, I'm finding it impossible to build anything now. There's just not enough space. At least make it possible for cranes to get resources. I mean, the smallest factory you can do now requires the 2x2 factory itself, and then a perfectly arranged 2x2 set of roads to each input and the output. Which actually makes it almost a 6x6 square. Which you can't find, because forests.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:19:53 am by Anvilfolk »

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

this is pretty cool I think.

I got my little plot of land up to +941. im a little worried though since all the neighbours I have seem to not really 'get it' most of them are like +300 or +200, and one being +600.

wonder if we'll be able to win.

edit: after grasping two new concepts (using two flans on the same track)(bringing wood from outside the loop at the start of the day)
I managed to get my plot of land up to +1200 :D (glass production only, no access to berries, I wish I understood Cranes.)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 04:05:10 pm by Talvara »

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart

Really? :P

I'm going to start a game with the one-tile nerf... I don't see myself making nearly as much money. That tactic was an integral part of my big factories :( Especially once you get to the point where you have train tracks as well, which let you have several caged flans/trains next to one another.....

I'll see how it goes.

OH GOD THERE'S NO SPACE FOR ANYTHING!

Seriously though, I'm finding it impossible to build anything now. There's just not enough space. At least make it possible for cranes to get resources. I mean, the smallest factory you can do now requires the 2x2 factory itself, and then a perfectly arranged 2x2 set of roads to each input and the output. Which actually makes it almost a 6x6 square. Which you can't find, because forests.

That pretty much sums my issue with the monotile flan nerf. You either need perfectly arranged loops in a 6x6 or a far more complex and chaothic system of paths to organize it which ends up using even more space. I mus say I gave up playing this game after that update.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Xinvoker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ι tried this game but I must say the way the tracks connect in every direction possible is very frustrating.
I gave up.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Who could have guessed that it would feel so good to build a working, highly profitable, extendable and beautiful system that isn't a hack of some kind? (I was actually getting 7530 for a moment there, but I sacrificed a bit to make it way prettier and more flexible) Now I can just drop anything onto the set of tracks that go near the palace and have it delivered without having to lay new paths, and I can up the production of fine lumber merely by dumping black oak onto the long set of tracks that go all around the palace.

Additionally, I face a unique hurdle in that placing a torch to unfreeze the lake next to my upper factory drops my income to 20, due to water interfering in the production line. Huh.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:01:50 pm by Dariush »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It would be cheaper indeed, but that way I won't be able to extend the 'palace' route beyond my 'production' route, since roads of different kinds cannot intersect.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

I assume you got the extra slots from the devs, since you got the large factory, stone path and rails :P

I'm not getting the large factory since I need the rails and stone paths.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can remove something you shipped to the world to replace it with something else and whatever's been built remains. You, of course, don't get it back into your inventory, so you might seriously limit what you can do... in 6-8 months from now.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope, I'm just continously juggling them around. I used around 8 of each thus far (out of 1000). Inconvenient, sure, but spending five seconds to switch is more preferable than wasting like 5 bucks for a single slot.

Edit: yay, first Mistress completed! For some reason it turned out way easier than I expected. The hardest thing was the fire necklace. Things of note: we collectively got tired for the guy with the fire ring to show up and build a crane and I built the whole production line instead. :P

Does anybody want to go Admiral with me?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:11:43 am by Dariush »

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Congrats on a win :)

I'm currently in a trivial. Got 4 of the 7 boss towers covered... took out 1 mini boss. and the other players arent really doing... anything.
with the incrementing costs of structures I doubt I'll be able to cover all 7 towers =(

I think trivial is probably a bit of a gamble with lots of people just 'trying out' and never coming back when they don't get it within the first 10 minutes.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10