Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Leap Day - hope you like paying  (Read 15009 times)

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Leap Day - multiplayer F2P breed of Spacechem and economical strategy
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2013, 04:58:19 pm »

Does the boss need to be defeated by a single player or two players can collaborate? we got all the towers in the easy map tended to but it won't do anything.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 20, 2013, 05:00:05 pm »

You need to deliver 1 of each good in the same day, from any source.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2013, 05:08:47 pm »

And we did. But it isn't triggering anything.

EDIT: and now it did. Something was bad with logins, once me and the other guy relogged it fixed itself. Time for my second game. Which in turn has the ghost castle in the worst possible place: RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BIG FOREST. I can't trace any tree-free route to it to begin with. Much less make all the factories it needs.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:21:13 pm by Djohaal »
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2013, 05:47:54 pm »

And we did. But it isn't triggering anything.

EDIT: and now it did. Something was bad with logins, once me and the other guy relogged it fixed itself. Time for my second game. Which in turn has the ghost castle in the worst possible place: RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE BIG FOREST. I can't trace any tree-free route to it to begin with. Much less make all the factories it needs.
Rails don't pick up random items, do they?
Yes but then I'll have to pay to unlock extra slots.

Also, tadpoles.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2013, 07:24:09 pm »

Yeah, that's the first thing that honestly annoyed me. If you want large factories + rails, you don't get stone roads.

Also, we just joined another medium game, if you can hop in you'll be in good company! :D

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2013, 09:02:58 pm »

Joined. First win bugged and counted as first two wins. Not complaining oddly enough. ;) KingSlimey in-game.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2013, 07:09:58 am »

My first game was a win, we were only 2 active players but it was really easy (we had over 2 days left).

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 21, 2013, 09:21:09 am »

Good news: it looks like the devs decided to give such a crapload of factories and trains as to essentially make them infinite (1000 per game, I think) and remove the factories from the market. While the problem of swapping between tracks and factories in the limited slots remains, at least now we won't risk running out, so it's a mere matter of convenience.

On a related note, I managed to start in a medium game with one day passed where no one else has tracks and only one guy has the large factories necessary for the boss completion. Ffffuck.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 09:24:14 am by Dariush »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 21, 2013, 11:11:53 am »

Tip for everyone: You can get rid of pesky trees by using a single wood path and home or a crane.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There used to be an expensive train track here because the trees would interfere. One wood is taken by the worker, and the other by the crane. It works exactly as well as before, but gave me an extra 200000 to play around with.

EDIT: Holy crap this is tense. Victory requires for one person to to create cooked food and deliver it to me, and then I will have to deliver it to a third party who will put it in a lembas cake which is the final piece the boss wants. If either of them dont do what they have to, I will literally have to lynch the third guys fire towers, and set up my own production chains. I certainly hope they both understand what I told them to do.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 04:25:33 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #69 on: February 21, 2013, 05:36:30 pm »

Hahaha, awesome :D

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #70 on: February 21, 2013, 05:43:40 pm »

Usually people have been rather cooperative with me. Another thing I found worthwile is to focus on making batches of four (size of ponds and quarries) or eight goods. That way you don't need to -always- make a cycling chain of flans, easing construction a lot. With some rail tracks and tinkering I'm earning +2300 on this map after playing just 24 hours. Starting to set up a trading infrastructure with another dude so I can make some rings at least.

Also, tadpoles.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2013, 02:02:44 pm »

Also, I'm apparently on the same map as webadict. Now if only he didn't jump into the medium game without any prerequisites... :-/

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2013, 02:45:01 pm »

My first 2 games ended in victory relatively quickly. Both lasted only about 30 hours. Only another person was active in the first game, but 3 were in the second. It was much more interesting to have people cooperate.

I started a third game recently and ended up in one of those wood-heavy area...

Baneling

• Bay Watcher
  • Acid Balloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2013, 03:37:21 pm »

The trick with using houses and single-tile wooden tracks doesn't work anymore. In any new games, any flan that doesn't have a loop to move in won't transfer goods.
I tend to be a stupid person. Expect me to say/do stupid things and we'll probably get along better!

Chedd

• Escaped Lunatic
  • One of the Spry Foxes
    • View Profile
    • Spry Fox homepage
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2013, 04:59:20 pm »

Hey folks! I'm on the Leap Day dev team. I just wanted to encourage you, if you haven't already, to consider sharing your feedback (and reporting any bugs and whatnot) on the official Leap Day forums, since you're clearly pretty active players and we want to benefit from everything you have to share. :-)  http://spryfox.com/forums/forum/leap-day/

Btw, I noticed a few comments about whether or not the game is "pay2win." We actually have pretty strong feelings on this subject. Danc, the lead designer of Leap Day, posted some of his thoughts on the subject here: https://plus.google.com/105363132599081141035/posts/APFviYrYnyW. Suffice to say, we're pretty adamant about making our games "pay4variety" and "pay4convenience", not "pay2win".

Hope to see you all on the Leap Day forums!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10