Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Leap Day - hope you like paying  (Read 15000 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Leap Day - multiplayer F2P breed of Spacechem and economical strategy
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2013, 11:38:32 pm »

Stone pathways are good, but timing is critical and single pieces of wood can change the whole production line for the better.

In specific, if you want a Leap to drop an item in a factory and immediately pick up the product, it can only be done if there's a wooden path by the output, because the stone path stepping is faster than the time it takes a factory to turn over.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2013, 11:00:43 am »

I'm getting 881 gold with no factories, just dumping as many resources as possible in the palace. I guess it helps that i have 2 diamonds in reach of my first torch. I'll let it run for some time so that i have more money to play with when i start making production lines.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2013, 11:34:49 am »

Oh wow I just discovered the higher tiers of items, I had no idea how much profit you could make, I only saw the recipes using basic resources before. I need to start using those diamonds more wisely.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2013, 11:36:15 am »

Gemstones are only useful if you've got a friend.  As soon as you get a neighbor with gems, then you go from 40 to 320 per item.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2013, 12:12:37 pm »

Looks like I don't have enough empty room to setup a proper factory... I guess the upside is that I have lots of crappy resources to sell (i'm up to 976 with no factory), but I don't think that I can improve much until I get more torches...

I'm "greyflan05" by the way, in case one of you is in my game.

Gemstones are only useful if you've got a friend.  As soon as you get a neighbor with gems, then you go from 40 to 320 per item.

Really ? why is that ?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2013, 12:23:42 pm »

Each person has their own gems. Combining different gems in a factory produces rings, necklaces etc. A ring, which is made of 2 different types of gems, is worth 320 gold for both people, while a gem by itself is only worth 45. And if you combine that with lumber, ore or spirits, you get 740(!!!).
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 12:29:43 pm by cerapa »

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2013, 12:29:04 pm »

Each person has their own gems. Combining different gems in a factory produces rings, necklaces etc. A ring, which is made of 2 different types of gems, is worth 320 gold for both people, while a gem by itself is only worth 45.
Oh ok i thought that you could make a ring out of two diamonds.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2013, 01:03:16 pm »

Trying to combine same-type gems actually gives Junk, which is worth like 1.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2013, 02:18:17 pm »

Well I got to the center and revealed three of the ice king items. And I can make at least two of them nearby. Too bad lembas cakes need so much infrastructure to produce, because I ran out of cash just before finishing the path to the ice pillar and I already killed my production down to 400 a day trying to streamline and cannibalize cash for the lembas production. Second is bread which is piss easy because there's like 5 food bushes right next to the ice pillar. Haven't looked up what the third item even is yet.

Right now I'm trying to invent a system where lembas only needs two factories to make by reusing a factory, but no luck so far.

My entire economy is running on a glass factory. Trying to finagle a tier three item with it but there's just too many drat trees choking up everywhere. Really wish trees were rarer and gave like 2-4 wood per instead of 1.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 02:22:17 pm by Kaitol »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2013, 02:28:09 pm »

Seems I will be winning my first game soon.

Sadly my contribution amounts to giving a single diamond to two way better players, cause the boss wants a necklace. All the other players are inactive though, so I suppose I was a necessary component.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2013, 02:30:49 pm »

A win's a win.  If you contribute then you're helping!

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2013, 03:02:06 pm »

And a win.

The reward for the first victory is trains and train tracks, which are fast, and dont pick up random resources.

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2013, 06:17:13 pm »

Well after tearing down everything twice and ending up with half my original income trying to work out high tier items or something, I just said fuck these trees and built this

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fast, easy, and simple to build if you have the cash. 1000 gold is good enough for now. Also, I could have put two more factories on the south-west side if I weren't blocked by all that junk to increase efficiency even more. Recommend taking single houses in and out to tweak how much something like this makes.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 06:18:44 pm by Kaitol »

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2013, 07:23:54 pm »

It is cool how differently things can be built. My neighbor has a very specific factory setup with each node getting the same item every time, using only a few cranes, and anchored by an effective glass factory and cat statue builder for a mini-boss. I on the other hand have these multi-flan delivery loops feeding a couple factories with random stuff, being supplied by a multitude of cranes.

The other six players are inactive but we're on simplest so we should be able to win. We are next to each other and will mess with gem trading soon.

I do think it's better to have the production a bit away from your palace, and have the area around the palace used for clean delivery loops, so the best items don't end up in a factory. 

Datgum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2013, 08:03:57 pm »

Great site for recipes:
http://recipediaplus.appspot.com/
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10