Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Leap Day - hope you like paying  (Read 14997 times)

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
Re: Leap Day - multiplayer F2P breed of Spacechem and economical strategy
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 12:15:02 pm »

I don't think it's the location of the palace as much as the fact that you've mostly just got trees everywhere :\

Perhaps you can look into making the wood-heavy items? Some of those go for thousands. I think even in 3-space factories you can combine items to make those that require 5 of something. For instance, make oak from 3 wood, then join that oak with two more wood, and I think you get the 5 wood item. I'm not sure, but it might be worth a try!

Also, if the guy to your left is active, try trading wood with him!

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 12:42:28 pm »

I don't think it's the location of the palace as much as the fact that you've mostly just got trees everywhere :\

Perhaps you can look into making the wood-heavy items? Some of those go for thousands. I think even in 3-space factories you can combine items to make those that require 5 of something. For instance, make oak from 3 wood, then join that oak with two more wood, and I think you get the 5 wood item. I'm not sure, but it might be worth a try!

Also, if the guy to your left is active, try trading wood with him!

Will do; how do I get chat working though? I don't understand it.
Also, after buggering about with my production chains I now stand at +655 per leap day. Awesome!
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 12:49:02 pm »

When you trade goods, both players get full price for the item sold.  You can put goods over borders by using a crane - this can be used to deliver your goods or to snatch their goods, so it works on either side of the fence.

I don't know if that includes every time it crosses border, or just for items you put resources into.  I've currently got a setup to give stone hammers to anvilfolk, and then have him re-deliver them to me so I can give them to the boss.  Anvilfolk will never add resources to the construction or sell it himself, so we'll see if he profits off it.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 02:06:41 pm »

Huh, how did you end up next to each other? Coincidence?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 02:23:51 pm »

You'll find all locations to be equally terrible.  A massive part of the game is trying not to collect resources, actually.

Me and Anvilfolk didn't start next to each other.  We just built inwards and met at the boss.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2013, 02:27:53 pm »

A massive part of the game is trying not to collect resources, actually.
THat seems...counterproductive. You're trying to build things but also not build things?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2013, 02:35:33 pm »

I've got dedicated systems for removing water from construction lines.  Stone + Stone + Tree = Fantastic.  Stone + Water + Tree = Not so much.  It's as much about harvesting resources, as it is about being selective.  Leaps have no filters, nor do factories or cranes.  They take anything and apply it as soon as they can.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 03:18:53 pm »

Indeed, resource clutter is a bane. I also spawned in a wooded area and i'm shaking my fist at this game every now and then.

EDIT: Here's my current layout:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Due to the ridiculous ammount of trees, production chain noise is so bad I can't control goods flow and end up with bad tier 2 recipies which waste resources (or worse, turn perfume into oak planks!), so I took the damage control approach and maximized my tier-1 profits by sending all resources directly to the two factories. Any combination is more profitable than the base resources...
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 03:48:09 pm by Djohaal »
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2013, 07:24:28 pm »

GirlInHat and I just joined the medium game. Two more spaces left. GO!

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2013, 08:18:34 pm »

Higher difficulty is actually a bit easier.  There's less resources, so more room to build in!

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2013, 09:30:40 pm »

Well somehow by cobbling random inefficient systems together I managed to get 999 a day. But to add anything more to the system I would have to redesign the whole cluttered mess from the ground up. But hey, progress is progress. Maybe joining the easiest game was a bad idea.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2013, 09:41:45 pm »

HOLY CRAP THAT GUY.
Way to go, now I'm gonna have to change my pants.  There's nostalgia all over them...

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2013, 10:32:35 pm »

Hehehe. Most likable attempted rapist ever.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2013, 10:43:34 pm »

Fun and handy tip: a single hut with a single deadend in front of it can still shuffle goods adjacent to it into other things adjacent to it.

Also: sustainable chains are not the most effective strategy. Use deadends when necessary.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:01:54 pm by alway »

Kaitol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heya, Red.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2013, 11:26:46 pm »

Another tip, strategic wood pathways and timing can increase productivity greatly.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10