Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Leap Day - hope you like paying  (Read 14993 times)

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Leap Day - hope you like paying
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2013, 08:02:53 pm »

Talking of the overpoweredness of forest starts:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My first fine lumber factory. I'm about 4 hours 30 into this game. It was quite satisfying to get this set up without trains, and just wooden roads. The road network between the two factories clears 5 resources out of the way by making perfume!

Edit. After 9 hours 40:
With another fire tower and much tweaking, fine lumber production was doubled (to two). Had to start using trains, it seemed to make sense when wooden roads started costing more than track...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:06:39 am by baruk »

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2013, 06:06:01 am »

I've never tried large factories, but yeah, that looks pretty broken...

WE USED TO HAVE TO TRY TO GET 6K A DAY! :P

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2013, 06:33:59 am »

I've seen wood factories in excess of +30,000/day income. The values of single-element high-tier recipes definitely need some adjusting.

I think the main reason why people are getting burned out so fast is due to terrible boss rewards. This game has a brilliant concept, but needs a lot more development in the area of general player progression.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 11, 2013, 01:26:37 pm »

Fine lumber just got hit with the nerf bat, its value dropped from 3375 to 2068. My lumber operation went from having 7000+ income when I logged out last night to 4603 today..  :(
 Edit. 24 hours in now, and I just defeated an Emo spirit for 1 million gold pieces (cue the dr. evil pose). It needed lembas cake, black whiskey and black bread.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 02:56:01 pm by baruk »

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2013, 10:32:52 pm »

We didn't quite manage the expert victory in 2 days, but I'll settle for 2 days 7 hours:
Here's the observer link (ctrl+C):
http://leapdaygame.com/index.html?observe=Pub_9d8134af-7f15-444c-b7d6-f2b4934d16bf&player=1&x=62&y=38
 The dull crown/dull amulet production line is my proudest achievement to date. :)

Also, something interesting I noticed on the forums, if you were worried about running out of track uses:
Train Stations, Tracks, or Large Factories are considered to be "core" to the game, so once you've unlocked them we don't ever want you to be without them. (Train Stations and Tracks are unlocked after completing your first game, and Large Factories after completing your second game.)

We intend to program the game so that these three items have infinite uses. However, at the current time the best we've been able to do is give you a large number of them. If you ever run out, please email support@spryfox.com and we can give you more. In your email, please explicitly state the email address (but not the password) that you use when logging into Leap Day as this is how we look up your account to give you more items.

(Please note that this only applies to the "normal" Train Stations. Fast Train Stations and Slow Train Stations are special items that are supposed to have limited uses. Likewise, if we create new types of Tracks or 3x3 factories, they will probably also have limited uses.)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:41:10 pm by baruk »

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2013, 05:24:33 pm »

Just took part in demolishing the Incredible Twins. The frantic last push to put together the shadow items and finish the chocolate statue was somewhat intense.
http://leapdaygame.com/index.html?observe=Pub_0cf9056e-1158-4ce9-83a5-ffd52f50a687&player=1&x=58&y=36

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2013, 04:17:58 am »

Hah, most things are built out of railroads now... they have to, I guess, since otherwise you'd be picking up stuff left and right, and without the ability to have flans stay put but still pickup/drop things even though they don't move...

What difficulty is that?

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 05, 2013, 12:52:29 pm »

Hah, most things are built out of railroads now... they have to, I guess, since otherwise you'd be picking up stuff left and right, and without the ability to have flans stay put but still pickup/drop things even though they don't move...

What difficulty is that?
It's expert difficulty, second most difficult challenge (quite a big step up from the Grand Admiral). The toughest is LaDuraDura - 7 day time limit for 5 players, but you have to build all 4 statues.

I expect that they're working on a few more epic challenges - they recently added a bunch of new recipes eg. shadow armour, which is what you get when the three shadow items (crown, amulet and sceptre) are combined. Shadow armour is itself an ingredient for the black heart, worth a cool 110k.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]