Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19

Author Topic: Cube World  (Read 40700 times)

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
Re: Cube World
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2013, 09:12:00 pm »

And good honest Demos

I still remember the Constructor Demo... which was honestly more fun then the actual game.

Also I am going to have to make a "Get together for Cube World: Lets play together" thing set up where people can find others for Cube World antics.

Good idea?

Sure, I'd be up for that.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 11, 2013, 12:42:55 am »

A dangerous stunt- I know more than a few personality types that would just check the nearest torrent if they couldn't buy it. Only being open half an hour a day would be terrible for this kind of business.

Thanks for mentioning torrents, hadn't look because I didn't expect there to be one. Been having loads of fun with this and will buy as soon as the website allows me to. I usually torrent most things before I buy them anyways since I strongly believe in a "try before you buy" approach, I don't want to buy blindly.
Which is why most companies should make demos.
Amen
Extra Credits did a good explination and examination about why Demos aint done anymore. Check them out on Youtube. Cant link cause on phone...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tibbz2

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what this does...
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 11, 2013, 08:01:56 am »

Just got this, but it won't connect to the server to update?
THE DEMONS ESCAPED MY ICE TRAP AND NOW MY LAST WARRIOR IS SMACKING THEM ALL DOWN WITH HER DECEASED TODDLER OH GOD THE BOOZE JUST EXPLODED AND THERE'S SMOKE AND FIRE EVERYWHERE JESUS CHRIST.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2013, 11:09:34 am »

And good honest Demos

I still remember the Constructor Demo... which was honestly more fun then the actual game.

Also I am going to have to make a "Get together for Cube World: Lets play together" thing set up where people can find others for Cube World antics.

Good idea?
I'm up.

Neonivek, a friend of mine, and I played for a while yesterday. How do we contact you to get together?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2013, 11:18:13 am »

Skype is probably best so you can actually talk to each other as a party.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2013, 11:34:06 am »

And good honest Demos

Good idea?
I'm up.

Neonivek, a friend of mine, and I played for a while yesterday. How do we contact you to get together?
Forums, steam, skype, MSN...

Probably other ways that I can't remember.

I got neonivek on steam, what's your Steam ID?

And I can ditch my pirated copy, just managed to get an order in and bought it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 11:37:30 am by Ygdrad »

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2013, 12:42:42 pm »

I bought it this morning (US east time), and have spent the first day of my character romping around the woods, getting my ass handed to me by the local populace. I think a partner (or several) would make this game a little less tedious.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2013, 01:21:25 pm »

And good honest Demos

Good idea?
I'm up.

Same here, I even managed to keep my warrior and worlds intact. I might be interested for some coop action too.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2013, 02:17:10 pm »

And good honest Demos

Good idea?
I'm up.

Same here, I even managed to keep my warrior and worlds intact. I might be interested for some coop action too.

Same, altough not as much now that my brother visits this month.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 12, 2013, 12:37:23 pm »

now even the cube world forums are down :S

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 12, 2013, 12:56:10 pm »

I'm honestly starting to get a bit nervous about how the CW devs have disappeared. Wollay was tweeting 5-10 times daily before the announcement of the supposed DDoS, and now there hasn't been a peep out of Wollay or Pixxie for a week.

I don't mean to come off as overreacting to a mere week without news, but this is pretty large deviation from how the devs were acting in the months leading up to release. I have this sinking feeling that there may have been a major problem in development.

I believe the Cube World forums have been read-only for about 10 days now.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 01:03:54 pm by PrimusRibbus »
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 12, 2013, 01:15:53 pm »

I'm honestly starting to get a bit nervous about how the CW devs have disappeared. Wollay was tweeting 5-10 times daily before the announcement of the supposed DDoS, and now there hasn't been a peep out of Wollay or Pixxie for a week.

I don't mean to come off as overreacting to a mere week without news, but this is pretty large deviation from how the devs were acting in the months leading up to release. I have this sinking feeling that there may have been a major problem in development.

I believe the Cube World forums have been read-only for about 10 days now.

I wouldn't be too worried, launches are pretty hectic, I think. The issue with registrations/shop servers seem to be solved, and the game is very playable for an "alpha". Sure it would suck if he just ran with the money and never returned but let's not jump the gun here... also don't forget that it's just one guy and his wife, I can imagine him being pretty busy and in over his head right now.

Oh by the way, has anyone found rare versions of the hang glider and boat ? I managed to get a 2 (3 ?) star lantern and it's amazingly more effective than the normal one, so I'd really love a better glider !

I'm around lvl 35 on my guardian, by the way, what about you guys ? I was so happy yesterday when I found this valley with +4 mobs, it was the best farming spot ever, I mean literally : there were only radish, onion and corn -lings in this place, and they really suck at fighting, but they are all melee so it was super easy to gather large groups of them and AOE in the middle (before that I was trying to farm +3 orcs in a similar valley, but they killed me quite often with all their ranged guys). With +14 xp per mob, I gained at least 5 levels in less than an hour. I also got my first yellow items, around +60 power, and they are REALLY good. Can't wait to find red ones now :p.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 01:30:10 pm by Sirian »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 12, 2013, 02:13:16 pm »

Level 8 Frogman Warrior named Glenn, with an Alpaca for pet and mount.
Level 8 Frogman Ninja with a snout beetle for pet & mount.
Level 11 frogman Fire Mage with a turtle for pet and mount.

Did I mention I might be obsessed with frog-people?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 06:28:05 pm by Ultimuh »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 12, 2013, 04:28:57 pm »

Right now I have
Lv44 elf rogue/ninja
Lv8 dwarf warrior/guardian
Lv7 frog water mage(froggy fresh)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 12, 2013, 05:02:15 pm »

I have a Ranger, Warrior, and Mage... but only the Ranger has levels.

Frogman Warrior named Glenn

HEH! I get the reference!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19