Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Cube World  (Read 40717 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Cube World
« Reply #165 on: July 07, 2013, 02:52:19 pm »

Does anyone else have it where, for about 30 seconds, the game's FPS will drop to buggery?
That kinda sounds like general computer overheating. Modern computers lower performance to ease heating whenever it gets too intense. Turn on the Windows Resource Manager and look at the blue line in the CPU performance graph. If it becomes a straight line lower than 100% when your FPS drops, it probably means your computer is avoiding overheating. Try getting it cleaned of dust if that's the case.
I've been planning on cleaning it out for a while. Our computer, however, is also not the stablest of things, and sometimes it'll spontaneously freeze up completely, when I exit games, sometimes to computer runs slowly for a while, AND over its 5 year life, it's formatted itself twice.

However, new computer at some point in the near future, so yay!
If it's been long enough that you can 'plan' a cleaning, you need a cleaning about 5 months ago. Ideally, you should clean it like once a month using compressed air cans; leave it to long and it sorta accumulates into this weird felt-like substance which will never come off.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 07, 2013, 09:54:58 pm »

Hey guys, come check out my Stream with some friends...
http://www.twitch.tv/AUSGrizzly
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 08, 2013, 12:28:55 am »

Needs moar Minecraft.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 08, 2013, 12:43:13 am »

Needs moar Minecraft.

It isn't an entirely incorrect statement. I certainly can see the appeal of Cube World that puts you in the creator seat (Heck, I am sure a lot of people want to make their weapons from scratch).

But not every game with voxel graphics needs to do what Minecraft does. 3D Dot Heros didn't and it turned out alright.

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2013, 01:27:11 am »

Speaking of which, does the cube limit on weapons ever rise? 32 isn't a whole lot... I could barely detail my bow, which made me sad as a hobby pixel artist. (32x32 may be more than enough to draw a weapon, however with 3 dimensions to work with 32 pixels doesn't give much elbow room).

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 08, 2013, 02:49:15 am »

Nope, add that spirits have to be within 7 power of your weapon and you start having trouble.

This could change in the future, but there is nothing directly in the devs about it. I don't know where the expanded devs are (such as Pet armor)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 08, 2013, 03:21:13 am »

Found the reason the Servers are always down...

Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2013, 03:26:54 am »

That is a large part of the reason Neyvn but, no it is an actual Denial of Service attack. It was confirmed to be such by the creator.

Also... Wow does that woman look like a guy. Is it a guy?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 03:35:34 am by Neonivek »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 08, 2013, 03:49:57 am »

That is a large part of the reason Neyvn but, no it is an actual Denial of Service attack. It was confirmed to be such by the creator.

Also... Wow does that woman look like a guy. Is it a guy?
Wow Neonivek, what ever standing you had in my eyes has suddenly dropped to nearly nothing from that comment. Have you ever heard of a Joke? FFS The thing is a COMIC...

And which one, The Blue one with the long face and flat chest or the Green one with a Round Face, hair tied in duel ponytails and breasts???

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2013, 01:37:57 pm »

Clearly she's not overtly pretty/sexy enough to be female. Boobs mean nothing if you're an uggo, amirite Neo?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 08, 2013, 03:57:58 pm »

Clearly she's not overtly pretty/sexy enough to be female. Boobs mean nothing if you're an uggo, amirite Neo?

No it isn't that at all. Mentally erase the ponytails and cut the picture before the breasts and she looks like a guy, at least the way they are commonly drawn. Heck the Pony tails look like they are glued on.

Also she is hardly ugly.

Though I guess it is to say that she would be one of the few fictional females I'd describe as androgynous. Which is fairly uncommon.

Have you ever heard of a Joke?

I take everything seriously, Even jokes.

I also had to check to see if you weren't the meme guy by your response. Boy do people like grilling me in this topic, I guess I should have done the review of the positive things I like about Cube world, but I thought that would have been too "I am only doing it because people cannot handle it if I don't" sort of way.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 04:35:34 pm by Neonivek »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2013, 07:38:15 pm »

Have you ever heard of a Joke?

I take everything seriously, Even jokes.

I also had to check to see if you weren't the meme guy by your response. Boy do people like grilling me in this topic, I guess I should have done the review of the positive things I like about Cube world, but I thought that would have been too "I am only doing it because people cannot handle it if I don't" sort of way.
This has nothing to do with your review Neo. The post is about a Comic page, which is normally about comedy.
Your response was the stupid serious guy response. Needing to take it as a literal thing. The fact that you say that you take everything seriously shows to me that you are really not even worth replying to anymore...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 08, 2013, 07:41:14 pm »

My gosh what is your beef Neyvn?

I know it is a negative trait, but I do take everything seriously. It doesn't detract from the humor of your comic.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 08, 2013, 11:08:19 pm »

No it isn't that at all. Mentally erase the ponytails and cut the picture before the breasts and she looks like a guy, at least the way they are commonly drawn. Heck the Pony tails look like they are glued on.

"Take away all the female traits of this character and OMG she totally looks androgenous!" ...Well no shit, sherlock. :)

I'm a little concerned that there hasn't been any follow-up blog post since the one announcing the DDOS attacks. Do they really have nothing to add after three days? They do still keep pulling the shop offline/online - presumably manually - but are they making any actual progress, or what? There hasn't been a new game update since launcher2 told me to download and install launcher3, either.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19