Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19

Author Topic: Cube World  (Read 40713 times)

Tohsi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cube World
« Reply #150 on: July 06, 2013, 09:42:09 pm »

This game is ridiculously fun. The only problem I've had is connecting with friends to play on custom servers. We found a program called Evolve which has worked wonders for this.https://www.evolvehq.com/welcome It also has video recording, and twitch tv streaming in the gui layover.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 06, 2013, 09:43:46 pm »

Hamachi is what people still use.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 06, 2013, 10:04:33 pm »

I've had a couple of days to play around in this, and I have some general tips for leveling quickly and surviving longer:

1) Be a mage.
2) Don't not be a mage.
3) Don't hang around the starting city thinking it's the easiest place to fight stuff. It wasn't for me.
4) Some monsters give better EXP for their difficulty than others, and you can't always trust the colour of the name label. Some red-name mobs are a cakewalk and give great EXP. Some white-name mobs will trounce you. Experiment.
5) If grinding makes you weary (as it does me), don't grind. Explore. I love exploring, and I just kill stuff along the way. I don't feel like I'm grinding that way, and I get to discover cool new areas, biomes, and creatures as I go.
6) As a fire mage, your regular attacks will occasionally cause a glowy swirl of fire around you. This is your 'free' power attack, so your next powerattack will cast instantly. Use and abuse this; it's AOE and has a decent chance to knockdown*. Great for groups and bosses!

And just for funsies, here is me riding my chocobo. :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*I'm using the fire 'spit' spell, not the crappy hard-to-aim tornado thing
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:08:21 pm by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 06, 2013, 10:28:01 pm »

The tornado is good for groups that stand still: mages and rangers. For ranged you use the fireball and flamethrower or whatever they are called.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 06, 2013, 10:49:31 pm »

I think they made squirrels too hardcore.

They are an unmountable pet. Their stats reflect this.

I actually think they overcompensate for mounts.

---

If anyone ways a play mate, I am available.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 10:55:26 pm by Neonivek »

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 06, 2013, 11:27:40 pm »

The tornado is good for groups that stand still: mages and rangers. For ranged you use the fireball and flamethrower or whatever they are called.

Unfortunately I don't know if a way to switch between these spell types without switching weapon, so for the sake of being ready for mixed groups, I stick with the fireballs.
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Infuriated

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 06, 2013, 11:47:41 pm »

"I haven't gotten a WoW vibe at all"

It is still far more similar to WoW then it is to Minecraft. What with the grinding out percentiles of a percentiles in equipment and endless mindless grinding and a skill bar that you watch like a hawk to cool down so you can use it like a piano.

The crafting recipes you buy in stores and the raid bosses.
You mean it's closer to the RPG genre than Sim/Building... It's pretty misleading to point out a specific game to make a comparison, on the grounds that they both include RPG elements. News flash: WoW wasn't the first RPG, in fact it's somewhat estranged from the genre by also being a MMOG which makes the biggest difference seeing as WoW uses point & click, while Cube World sports an action based combat system (you know, the things those games I mentioned revolve around?)

more like zelda/monster hunter/dark souls/arcade mashup thrown in random cubed endless adventure

Yeah because in Monster Hunter you fight big monsters! and in Dark Souls you fight monsters... and in Legend of Zelda you fight monsters... and in Arcades you fight monsters.
It has nothing to do with the fact that you can fight monsters, It's HOW you fight the monsters. I feel sorry for you if you're playing by standing still and holding your mouse button, because you're capable of dodging and executing your attacks/skills in such a way point & click games cannot. The combat is so far from WoW and much closer to the games I mentioned and ultimately that's what the game is all about.

Why are you even trying to turn a difference of opinion into an argument? There are no facts to debate here, opinions are opinions because peoples thoughts are biased and using one as a sample is inane, especially since I was being civil from the start. You seem easily threatened by opinions that don't coincide with your own, with an incessant need to put them down. With that said,

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 07, 2013, 12:31:17 am »

By the by... Exceptional pets are Tamable... rumor is that it includes elites (as in you can take elite animals).

They retain their unique attacks (assuming the people who spread the rumor didn't hack their game). Most elites have one special attack. I once fought an elite pig who actually had the mages self destruct attack.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 02:02:06 am by Neonivek »

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2013, 04:04:22 am »

Shop was open for a moment, One friend got it, the other missed out by nanoseconds T_T
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 07, 2013, 04:08:50 am »

Shop was open for a moment, One friend got it, the other missed out by nanoseconds T_T

I informed my brother and he reset his computer... I KNEW it would be too late. Funny.

don't know about it not being fun single player at this time...
I have been playing it for a while now, enjoying my singleplayer game while I wait for my friends to break though the inability to even make an account to buy the game phase

It needs to do what Monster Hunter did and sort of have a single player scale.

I doubt that will happen, but it would be a huge step in the right direction.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 07, 2013, 04:21:15 am »

And then it worked again...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 07, 2013, 04:46:45 am »

And then it worked again...

And broke again then worked again.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 07, 2013, 08:31:01 am »

well, it is working fine right now and I got it.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2013, 09:00:34 am »

Does anyone else have it where, for about 30 seconds, the game's FPS will drop to buggery?
That kinda sounds like general computer overheating. Modern computers lower performance to ease heating whenever it gets too intense. Turn on the Windows Resource Manager and look at the blue line in the CPU performance graph. If it becomes a straight line lower than 100% when your FPS drops, it probably means your computer is avoiding overheating. Try getting it cleaned of dust if that's the case.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2013, 09:34:07 am »

maybe I am just retarded but where is this store everyone is talking about?

:-[

nvm found it was on the homepage not the game page
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 09:41:37 am by LoSboccacc »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19