Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Cube World  (Read 40743 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Cube World
« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2013, 07:57:40 am »

Got it and my brother have it as well.
Happy days ahead! :D

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2013, 04:04:27 pm »

So, is multiplayer worth it?
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2013, 04:39:45 pm »

I played it in single-player a couple of hours today and here's my short impression:
-nice graphics: "biomes" and bosses' places are really nice
-pets are cute :)
-no music yet
-this game must be played in multi-player. Bosses are just impossible in solo.
-"itemization" is not diverse/good. Moreover, you can't use other classes' stuff. :(
-too grindy and too much running. "Biomes" are too big, and bosses' places are too far away from each other.

Edit: I played as a warrior.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 05:23:31 pm by Meta »
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2013, 04:49:02 pm »

Wow, a lot of those aren't even problems I thought were going to be in the game.

Does too much running get better once you get a mount?

Also how much does this cost? You cannot even look at the price without signing up. As well what is the pay method? (Once again cannot find out unless you sign up)

I've been informed it is Paypal, so this is going to be a Neonivek Free game!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 04:51:24 pm by Neonivek »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2013, 05:00:13 pm »

15 Euros or $20 US

Meta

• Bay Watcher
  • Aka Maunoir. French Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2013, 05:04:04 pm »

[...]
Does too much running get better once you get a mount?

Also how much does this cost? You cannot even look at the price without signing up. As well what is the pay method? (Once again cannot find out unless you sign up)
Well, I did not grind enough to get a mount. You need 6 skill-points (= 3 levels) in order to unlock the mount skill, which allows you to ride your pet at 110% of your speed for the first level of the skill (plus, you also need a mountable pet). So, on a long term it should get better, but grinding so many levels takes a lot of time.

Pay methods are paypal and credit cards, but it appears that some people had problems when trying to pay with credit cards.
Generalized Godwin’s Law: "Every discussion within an online community converges to a zero-information signal characterized by empty assertions concerning the foundational dichotomy of that community."

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2013, 06:10:21 pm »

Pay methods are paypal and credit cards, but it appears that some people had problems when trying to pay with credit cards

I flat out cannot use Paypal. I got Minecraft in a very unique way. >_>

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2013, 06:19:07 pm »

Speaking of Cubeworld, anyone planning on making a dedicated server for this?

comham

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2013, 06:35:56 pm »

-too grindy and too much running. "Biomes" are too big, and bosses' places are too far away from each other.

Edit: I played as a warrior.
I played as a warrior too. Given it's just an alpha, I expect exp gains/ monster toughness balances to be tweaked very heavily. I saw a simple monkey steamroll a party of NPC adventurers. I can barely kill a chicken without chugging 8 health potions.

The world size though, I like a lot. Movement feels really fun in cube world and it allows for expansive areas for the biome generator to do lovely things. Feels like the towns are a sensible distance away from each other too.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2013, 06:45:54 pm »

I've been throwing money at the screen all day, but it's not working. When will registrations be back up? :(
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2013, 06:48:09 pm »

I've been throwing money at the screen all day, but it's not working. When will registrations be back up? :(
It's already back up. Try refreshing.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2013, 06:53:05 pm »

I've been refreshing periodically all day.

...But I just did it again, and holy crap, it IS up! Edit: No activation link yet, though.

And now it's back to saying this: "User registrations are currently disabled due to server maintenance. Please try again later."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 06:58:00 pm by Moogie »
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 04, 2013, 07:02:34 pm »

Worked for me. Also, you can do the 'pay as a guest' thing on paypal to use a debit/credit card. It goes through paypal, but you don't need to create a paypal account or anything.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 04, 2013, 07:55:15 pm »

In my case my bank doesn't let me use guest with paypal unfortunately.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 04, 2013, 08:07:19 pm »

Seems the demo isn't even meant to play, just to see if it starts? It crashes as soon as I hit any key. Weird to call it a demo.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 08:09:44 pm by yougiedeggs »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19