Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: (LP)Soulsilver xtreme Ranlocke--The darkness menaces with spikes of fish  (Read 17230 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

Sorry guys, this certainly hasn't died. real life stuff has taken up a bunch of my time. Spring break has started though, so I have more time to play, and I actually have an update to post some time today. Hopefully. I just need to get around to it.

I'd never let this die, it would just go on break occasionally. >.>
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

No worries.
So, assuming I have the right rom, I DL'd that randomizer, have an emulator, and the randomizer and rom are in the same folder... what's the next step? I really want to try this out too.  :P

Edit: Nvmind, rather intuitive once you read the readme. :)
Edit2: This truly is random. My starter choice is from a rock type wigglytuff, a grass type spheal, and a poison khangastan. What a great way to play. :p
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 05:58:51 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

Chapter 2 continued...part 4: Nine-tailed Ninja Nonsense

Well, here we are at Sprout Tower. Why am I not surprised that the roof is purple?

Talking to some of the locals chilling on the ground floor of the tower, it seems like this is an old-wood-training tower for pokemon. Gee, a creaky old wooden dojo, maybe I am a ninja.

Before moving on to the higher floors, one of the civilians warns me that there are wild pokemon roaming the floors above, and that I should be careful...wild pokemon in a human built tower? These people need to call an exterminator.
----------------------------

oooh! Ooooh! Pretty fox thing! Gotta catch it gotta catch it!

I send Angel out and she clamps the "Ninetails" in place! The Ninetails kicks her in the lower body in an effort to free itself, but Angel holds on and veils herself in her magical ring of healing water to help her tank any damage.

The Ninetails continues to thrash in her grip, kicking and punching and even blasting Angel with an Aura Sphere, like what Qwillin can do, and suddenly the Ninetails breaks free!

I order Angel to clamp it again!

...Maybe she clamped down a bit too hard there. I throw a pokeball, hoping that the Ninetails isn't strong enough to break free. Otherwise Angel would squeeze her to death.

Booyah! Got her!

I decide to name her Sela, after my favorite fox vixen and the mother of one of my favorite villains in a story from my childhood.

Spoiler: Sela's stats (click to show/hide)

Judging by the pokedex's readings of her stats, her powerlevel isn't up to snuff with the rest of the team. Guess it's time for more training!
------------------------------------

On our way up through the tower this monk guy challenged us.

Odd looking monk, I must say.

The coolmonk sends out this Shelgon thing, and I send out Qwillin. Qwillin handles the battle well by punching Shelgon right between the eyes and knocking it out cold.

...This seems much more intimidating. Qwillin punches the beast, but it isn't very effective. Oh geez. The gengar responds to the punch with a noisy tantrum, causing an uproar! What luck, I was afraid Qwillin was done for, but instead he took minimum damage.

I send out Angel instead, who proceeds to drown the noisy tantrumming Gengar in a couple water pulses.

...Wat. While this pokemon looks fearsome, Angel manages to drown the thing in a single hit. Apparently, "Mawiles" can't swim.

With Coolmonk Sonya defeated, it's on to the next trainer!
---------------------------------

Come at me, Tia-bro.

Tia's first pokemon, is, uh, this thing. Sela nuked the Jynx in only two hits, despite her attacks being not very effective. The jynx was too busy dancing with swords to fight back.

Sela is unfazed by salty seadog here.A couple blasts of Aura Sphere, and it's down. It attempted to "hammer arm" Sela, but she dodged nimbly away.

Man, these pokemon look so weird sometimes. Sela nukes this frosslass in one hit of aura sphere. Ha, Sela took down three pokemon in a row without a scratch. I like this fox.
------------------------------

A new challenger approaches!

It's a kung-fu-fighting fox versus a giant enemy crab! Sela! Use Aura Sphere, aim for its weak point for massive damage!

Oh, so a giant enemy crab couldn't kill Sela, so instead he sends out a pink sheep instead. Brilliant!

...Sela incinerated the flesh from the sheep's bones with an Aura Sphere.

Well now this is just silly. A fish like that stands no chance. Sela! Fry it into fishsticks with an Aura Sphere, then loot the trainer for cash and we'll g-

Oh. Ohhhhhhh. Well then, I'll let Jesus nom this fish in the face. It stands no chance against his jaws of death!

----------------------------
well, this tower isn't nearly as big as I thought. It looks like there's only three floors? Sheesh, and the only pokemon we've found so far is these samurai-ninja foxes that seem to be just crawling from the woodwork. I'll admit it's a bit--

Oh hey, a new pokemon on a new floor. I'mma catch it.

Spoiler: Score Tracker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Axe? No; HMJ could only be wearing Old Spice.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And now I'm riding a girafirig  :P
The Cyan Menace

Brawler Mouse

• Bay Watcher
  • -1 Rodent Fighter
    • View Profile

If you catch that numel, it'll evolve to be HMJ's obligatory red head of the harem.
Dendritic.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

:o Raquaza in route... 30? I think, 46 for me.
I am so going back there once I get pokeballs.

Edit: The wild Raichu used splash. But nothing happened!  :P
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 08:31:53 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile

She lacks any non-offensive moves, and she might not learn any due to her pure fighting type.
Ninetales could potentially learn Bulk Up or Detect. There might be others, but I forget them.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile

Posting to watch the misadventures of the metallic saviour in the land of unknowable horrors.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile

Posting to watch the exploits of a knight without armor in a savage land of peasants, fighting for his honor behind the backs of waist-heigh eldritch horrors.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile

Good lord. This is glorious.

I might have to hang around the lower boards a bit more often if such gems as this are the norm. (Or at least slightly more frequent than, say, epic flying shitstorms >.<)

Definitely PTW. I am most pleased to know of the existence of the UPR, and will subsequently undergo great awesome at its behest.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One word of warning: The EXP "fixer" option seems to break the roms: I failed to progress past the second town due to... void in the place of a route, and not being able to select any options in battle.
The Cyan Menace

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One word of warning: The EXP "fixer" option seems to break the roms: I failed to progress past the second town due to... void in the place of a route, and not being able to select any options in battle.

Not that I have first-hand experience or anything (*cough*), but that's not a problem with the XP fixer, at least in SS/HG. That's a problem with Desmume and texture loading. You can avoid it by reloading from your last battery save. (You are making battery saves, right?)

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...No. Desmume and save states has me too spoiled.  Well, that explains everything.
The Cyan Menace

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile

If it's a texture problem, do you know if there's a setting somewhere that would fix it if toggled? o.o
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7