Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: (LP)Soulsilver xtreme Ranlocke--The darkness menaces with spikes of fish  (Read 17229 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: (LP)Soulsilver xtreme Ranlocke--The darkness menaces with spikes of fish
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2013, 07:03:29 pm »

Qwillin.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2013, 09:04:57 pm »

Facepalm/tears combo is well timed.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2013, 02:12:39 am »

Qwillin wins IMO.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2013, 02:14:42 am »

Name it Spikepostle.
That's too long isn't it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2013, 02:21:34 am »

Don't think so, but it's rather irrelevant in the face of Qwillin. Qwillin's too terrible to not use.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2013, 02:26:40 am »

Don't think so, but it's rather irrelevant in the face of Qwillin. Qwillin's too terrible to not use.
If we find a particularly loud pokemon, we must name it BRIAN BLESSED, BILLY MAYS, or FLASH.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2013, 07:10:33 am »

I vote Qwillin.
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2013, 03:20:45 pm »

NUUUUUUUUUU! Keep the theme going!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2013, 06:13:49 pm »

Name it Pukumon
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2013, 07:16:38 pm »

Chapter 2 continued...part 3: "Puwple"

After some mental debating, I decide to name the Qwilfish Qwillin...uh, KRIQWILLIN. Kuh-willin. Kay, are, eye, ell, ell, eye, in, that spells Qwillin...shoot, I hope I'm not developing a lisp or something. I like rolling my rrrr's, not my wwwwww's.

--------------

With Kuhwillin in tow, I make a mad dash ahead to see if I can get to the next city. I want to train Gwil...Gillin...Qwillin a bit, and I only have so many potions to use at the moment. I'd rather get my pokemon some proper medical care at the next town.

As I enter the pokegatehouse, someone calls out to me.

Oh, Lyra. I surprised you? But you were behind me, you must have seen me coming--wait, what if I'm a ninja? That would explain everything, aw man, that'd be weally cool to be a ninja!

Oh, and Lyra the peasant girl gave me some thing called a vs. seeker. Ha, I'm a ninja, I don't need some technology to challenge people to duels, I can just smack them in the face with my katana, right? That's the traditional method of ninja challenging, I'm sure.

Lyra tells me the vs seeker can be used to record pokemon battles. Wecord pokemon battles? you mean it's not used to find past trainers who want to battle? guess I was wrong, this seeker is useless.

Lyra just keeps wambling on, saying that she "has to go now" and "she won't let me pass her again!" Is that a challenge? Challenge accepted. NINJA CHARGE-JUTSU GO! CHAAAAAAARGE!

-------------

Oh wow, this place seriously is Violet City. The roads are purple, the houses are purple, I'm fairly certain these streetlamps are purple, too. I bet this place really sparkles in twilight...ew, I feel girly just saying that. I may have gotten cancer, I need medical attention. I need a nurse! MEDIC!

-------------
Once our pokemon are healed up I trek back onto route 30, away from all the purple and the girly-cootie-beam-waves that radiates from the purpley-purpleness. I don't want my brain fried with cootie-cancer.

This looks like a good place to--augh, Qwillin, stop that!

Have you been talking with Jesus? Foot-nipping is not something friends do with friends! Go fight some wild beast, will ya?

I toss the spiky-fish-thing off into some grass, nailing one of those Swinub thingies with a direct pufferfish to the face! The Swinub doesn't take kindly to that, and it charges itself in electric volts and tackles Qwillin! Hmmm, Qwillin doesn't seem able to take another hit like that.
I call Qwillin back from battle and send out trusty Heavy Metal Jesus to chomp some face. It ends like you'd expect.

Qwillin didn't gain much experiece from that, I guess. More training! Let's go--

Oh my sweet baby arceus watdafaq is dat ugly bat thing? It's seven in the morning, aren't bats supposed to be asleep right now or somethin'?
I let Qwillin get a glimpse of this brute, but the batbeast greatly outweighs Qwillin, and I doubt he'd be very effective at the moment. I call Qwillin back and send out the facechomper himself to do his work once more.
The-*checks pokedex*-the Gliscor coats itself in acid, which forms a thick shell around itself and greatly boosting its defense!

I'd say that the thing is a poison type, judging by the acid...and the purple too. But mostly the acid.
As if to prove my point the Gliscor spits a glob of sludge at Jesus!

Ha, Jesus' metal flesh cannot be harmed by your fell fouling slime, Gliscor! Jesus weeps false tears for your inevitable defeat!
As Gliscor looks a bit unnerved at the "crying," Jesus nukes it with a mirror blast! Ha!

Qwillin gained two powerlevels from that fight! His power grows! Well, I hope it grows, at least. He still doesn't seem very intimidating.

Oh wait, huh, Qwillin's a girl. That explains the lack of intimidation, I guess.

---------------

Qwillin beat up a Swinub all on her own today. He didn't gain a powerlevel, but she came close.

On the way back towards the pokecenter to heal everyone up, we came upon this bulbous "Gloom" thing. What is that dripping from its mouth? Drool? Slime?...Maple Syrup?

I'm not sure Qwillin could take this thing on his own. I call her back and send Heavy Metal Jesus. Jesus seems to be the hardiest of the three due to his metal skin, and probably is the best choice for fighting the unknown monsters we know nothing at all about.
As if to mock my tactics, the Gloom does nothing more than ring a soothing-sounding bell. That's it. No explosions, no lighting called down from the sky, just a bell. How lame.

Jesus facechomps it, and it goes down! I guess I was wrong, Qwillin probably could've beat this "Gloom" thing black and blue three ways from Sunday until cows come home.

...That's an odd choice of words, I think I'll go have the nurse check my brain for stupid, maybe the Gloom's is contagious.

Oh, and Qwillin grew a powerlevel. I think she's at five, now. The spiky lil' fella still has some work to do before she's all caught up.

---------------

...Have you ever seen a pufferfish drag itself along dry ground using nothing but its spiky belly, all in an effort to keep up with you? I looked behind me today as I walked Qwillin out to training. Never look back. Never again.
---------------

During a fight with a Gliscor Qwillin got poisoned. It doesn't seem too bad, and she struck the Gliscor down without further harm aside from the first poisonous sludgeball. He can shrug it off, she's a big boy. Besides, poison builds character.
---------------

With Qwillin at a powerlevel of 7, and the team all healed up, I've decided it's high time to challenge the local gym. Let's see what the sign has to say about this city's gym leader...

Hmmm, the guy sounds a bit weak. Elegant flying pokemon? Pfffffffft.

Walking into the gym, I'm caught off-guard by this weird guy with glasses who jumps into my face. Calling me "champ-in-the-making", weirdo-glasses-guy tells me that battling Falkner might be a bit tough if I haven't tested myself against Violet City's Sprout Tower. I'm doubtful, but it looks like they set up a roadblock inside the gym. Unless I go beat Sprout Tower, I can't cross.

Bah, this quest is full of a bunch of railroaders. Guess I'm heading off to Sprout Tower now.

Spoiler: Score Tracker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 07:23:39 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2013, 08:28:14 pm »

The next male pokemon you get needs to be called, 'Brian'.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

TomatoWalrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I am one of the tomatos.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2013, 08:35:18 pm »

The next male pokemon you get needs to be called, 'Brian'.

Seconded
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW.

I wish I'd found this earlier: I would have named the fish "SpikeTyson"...
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Looks like this was started last month, and the last update was in the same. Well, whatever. I'm posting to watch in case it gets updated again.

Where can I get this randomized craziness?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair, it was last updated on the last day of last month, and we're only 10 days into the new one, so I'm still holding out hope it hasn't died yet. :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7