Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: (LP)Soulsilver xtreme Ranlocke--The darkness menaces with spikes of fish  (Read 17219 times)

TomatoWalrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I am one of the tomatos.
    • View Profile
Re: (LP)Soulsilver xtreme Ranlocke--Heavy Metal Charmander Jesus eats yo face!
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2013, 11:54:16 pm »

Upon evening of the first night, Heavy Metal Jesus did see a disciple corrupted by the demons of the Grunge Rock MissingNo. Jesus did bring to him the good words of the Heavy Metal, but alas the Drowzee had given his soul to the demons in return for power. Seeing the Grunge in Drowzee's heart, Heavy Metal Jesus had no choice but to strike him down and to pray that the Heavy Metal may have mercy upon his corrupted soul. At a stream nearby, a lost Buneary did see this miracle feat and so did come to Heavy Metal Jesus asking for guidance. And lo, Jesus did so, baptizing the Buneary with steel turned light and ordering the Buneary to cover itself in water as if it were clothing. The Buneary said "No, Heavy Metal Jesus, that is not within my power!" And Heavy Metal Jesus did say "You are correct, but it is in the power of the Heavy Metal. He that place his faith in the Heavy Metal shall know of no bounds or limits, now do as I have commanded." And so the Buneary did, and Heavy Metal Jesus saw this and saw that this was good. Upon seeing the Buneary's faith in the Heavy Metal, Jesus christened his first disciple with a fitting name. The Buneary was now known as "Angel". Upon hearing this new name, the Buneary's strength and resolve did multiply and grow.
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 12:00:27 am »

This has inspired me to begin my Platinum journey anew, doing a Nuzlocke challenge. I won't be posting it here because it's on my DS.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2013, 08:01:44 am »

Man, Swalot is so cool. Are you allowed to catch one of those as well, or was it on the same route as the Buneary?
Yeah, same route. It may come up again on a later route though.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 01:44:50 pm »

PTW. I'm now also doing a FireRed playthrough - I may have my own LP after I mix it again, haha. Plus it's the Moemon spritesheet :D

But this is awesome.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (LP)Soulsilver xtreme Ranlocke--The darkness menaces with spikes of fish
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2013, 09:06:49 am »

Chapter 2 continued...part 2: "The darkness menaces with spikes of fish"

After training up Angel some more and a relaxing night in the Pokecenter, the gang and I return to route 30 to press onwards to the next city.

What. Battle? you mean these death battles between trainers are normal? Whatever happened to that whole "to protect the world from devastation? To unite all peoples within our nation?" Did you forget about that part of the oath?
He must be a heretic! Angel! Git 'im! Thoroughly box his ears for his crimes!

Faced off with the aggressor's blood-thirsty...lem'me check the Pokedex...faced off with the aggressor's bloodthirsty "dratini", Angel fires a pulse of water at it! The attack is a direct hit, and seems to be super effective! Well. That was easy.

Onwards to the next-
ACK! You wanna fight too?

Heretics everywhere! Come at me bro, Angel will really rustle your jimmies!

This newcomer releases this...Polliwrath (who names these things?) and Angel jumps forward to battle. Angel fires a pulse of water at the Polliwrath, but the attack is absorbed by the thing's amphibian flesh, dealing no damage!
The polliwrath retaliates with a jet of acid!...remarkably weak acid.
Angel's water attacks seem useless here, guess I'll have to switch to Jesus. Rustle them jimmies, Jesus!
Jesus starts off with his standard strategy: aim for the face. more specifically, a mirror blast to the face. The polliwrath goes down like the ugly lump on legs it is.

I dunno what that is. Some sort of alien? It's a space-xeno! Kill it KEEL IT BEFORE IT LAYS EGGS.
Jesus fires another mirror shot in the hopes of reducing the thing's accuracy, but the mirror shot misses!

The...Manaphy releases a burst of earth-shaking power, as if the earth itself wished us dead! Jesus looks thoroughly shaken up by the attack, breaking his confidence for the first time in...first time I've ever seen.This looks bad. My jimmies have been rustled.

Angel! Get back out here!

The instant Angel rejoins the fray the Manaphy releases a swirl of sand, trapping Angel in place to be buffeted regularly by the sandy winds!

Angel is unfazed by the sandy tomb, and spits another pulse of water at the Manaphy. The attack is super effective, and the beast collapses against the watery onslaught!

Phew, that was a close fight.
---------------------------------
This heretic trainer tells me that trainers are "obligated to fight one another" if their eyes meet. What sort of dumb blasphemous rule is that?

Ignoring whatever else the heretical trainer is blabbering on about, I apply a potion to Jesus' wounds. He looks much better, but the close call leaves me nervous of later trainer battles. What if we're caught off guard again?...best not to think about that, I guess. Onwards!
---------------------------------
I don't like all theses trainers who are just sitting around, waiting for people to battle. Don't they have somewhere to be? Anything else to do rather than attempt to butcher my pokemon with the unknown horrors hiding in their pokeballs?

...This guy looks weak. Maybe I could slip him a tenner and just slide by.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuu-what do you mean you don't take cash?

Odd. I guess the senior here is the bug net.

Bug catching dude sends out this bulb-ass bulb with legs. It looks like some grass got cancer.

Angel Bunny ain't got time for fighting grass cancer, she just shoots a pew-pew of a water pulse and the bulb gets knocked flat off its feet. It can't get back up no matter how much it squirms...how did these things survive in the wild like this?

Accepting defeat, the bug-catching dude calls back the bulb thing and sends out...a sea horse pokemon? Called a horsea. Odd looking "bug" pokemon, dude, it looks like a fish.

Watthe--did I just witness a seahorse punching a bunny? The seahorse has no limbs to punch with!

Angel responds with a full blown hydro cannon. The horsea drowns in the ensuing flood of water.
Victory!
--------------------------------
While wading through the grass we stumbled upon this critter.

Shortie ain't got no legs. While I'd love to catch it, it's still the same route we caught Angel on. Oh well, Angel blasts it with a water pulse and we move on.

As the team and I push on through the grass, we come upon a cave entrance. A sign set up next to the cave christens it as "Dark Cave." How creative.

...I wonder what kinds of awesome pokemon are in there? Only one way to find out, eh?

Welp. They certainly named this cave well. It's, uh, a bit dark. All around us we can hear the growls, cries, and movements of wild pokemon. This isn't like the outdoors at all. Here the pokemon are free to attack us wherever we are, rather than lurking in tall grass to ambush us like outside.

...Let's just grab a new pokemon and get out. I forgot to bring my nightlight and security blankie anyway.

Dafaq is dat. I don't like the look of that thing, it menaces with spikes. Angel, clamp your ears around it! Hold it in place!

The fishthing is unable to free itself from Angel's grasp, and struggles vainly against her. I chuck a couple pokeballs at it, and snag it on the second try.
With the new pokemon caught, I make a dash for the light of day again. I'm not sure what to name this fellow.

Spoiler: Score Tracker (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 05:08:08 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2013, 10:52:19 am »

Name him after one of Apostles, just to keep the theme.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2013, 12:28:21 pm »

Phishstick.

It's ironic.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2013, 12:29:41 pm »

Oh, what a very fitting username you have.

I agree with mcclay. Biblical names for everything.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2013, 12:51:40 pm »

Ah, the first priest o' jeebus. Let's go with Judas.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

TomatoWalrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2013, 01:29:24 pm »

It's female and all the apostles were male.

I say Magdalane. Cause it just ain't Biblical Pokemon without the mandatory prostitute.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2013, 02:45:40 pm »

That's Ditto.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TomatoWalrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2013, 02:51:06 pm »

Alright, Batsheba then. A cheating wife seems a fitting analogy too.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2013, 04:40:16 pm »

Blimey, that Qwilfish carries STAB Aura Sphere. A never-miss power 90 (boosted to 135 by STAB) move with no drawbacks is always handy.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2013, 05:39:17 pm »

You could call it 'Bruce', the name given by the crew to the mechanical shark from Jaws, a throroughly innocuous name that would belie the terror within.

Or, as it is a fighting-type, any boxer's name would do, ie, Claressa (Shields).
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2013, 05:43:29 pm »

Blimey, that Qwilfish carries STAB Aura Sphere. A never-miss power 90 (boosted to 135 by STAB) move with no drawbacks is always handy.
The way the randomizer seems to have worked, it looks like all pokemon get some for of STAB, due to moves being chosen for movelists based on type. Angel has pure water moves, HMJ has steel and dark moves, the qwilfish has fighting and normal moves, etc. I should be able to determine opposing types quickly, assuming I'm right.

Heh, I like the running theme of biblical names we suddenly got going. I named the Buneary Angel simply because it reminded me of Angel the Bunny from MLP:FiM, although it is consequently a suitable biblical "name". I didn't intend for a team theme.

I'm torn between keeping the combo going or naming the Qwilfish Krillin after a guy from school suggested it. After all, they're both bald with really round heads, they both pick fights, and they both get abused in battles and suffer being buttmonkeys, where one is considered useless and the other is ugly. Hopefully Qwilfish will prove itself more useful this time around.  :P*rimshot*

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7