Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: You're a Hive Queen.  (Read 6812 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: You're a Hive Queen.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2013, 07:20:30 am »

Plains.
Let us name ourselves ... Fam-vib!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2013, 08:30:34 am »

After much deliberation you decide to settle the plains, despite the fact that it will provide poorer farming land than the flood plains, you just don't want to drown when the river floods.
An initial survey of the lands reveals that the vegetation is mostly composed of a tough grass, known to be nutritious, if a little tasteless.  Most of the other vegetation is made of scattered copses of trees of an unknown variety.  Your initial survery also reveals a moderate number of moderate sized quadropods (think bison), and a somewhat smaller number of packs of meidum sized territorial predators.  During your survey three of your workers are ambushed, and all are killed by them, and were unable to kill any of the predators.

A short survey of the badlands reveals that there is very little vegetation, and the ground is mostly a sun baked clay, with large stone mesas, some of which are riddled with caves, and numerous fissures.  You immediately pull out your workers when you start seeing some really scary shit living in there.  You'll have to start posting patrols of warriors in order to ensure that nothing follows you out of there.

Now, do you just need to decide to start in one of the copses of trees, the open plains, or are you crazy/stupid enough to start for the badlands, hoping to find an unclaimed cave?
---Require actions---
 -Decide where in the plains to start
 -Decide what to do about the predators
 -Decide what types of bug you want to lay
 -(optional) You still don't have a name
 -Something else?

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Surroundings (click to show/hide)
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2013, 09:36:24 am »

Claim a copse and strike the earth!
Let's do the ant thing. If we're underground, the predators can be mostly ignored. I'd go for the badlands and claim a mesa, but apparently it's incredibly dangerous. Lay 5 more warriors.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 09:41:09 am »

Let's do the ant thing. If we're underground, the predators can be mostly ignored. I'd go for the badlands and claim a mesa, but apparently it's incredibly dangerous. Lay 5 more warriors.
What kaian's sig said.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 09:46:52 am »

I must've forgotten to mention that updates will be cover a week of time unless otherwise specified
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 10:19:29 am »

Yeah, lay 5 more warriors. They should be able to take out any few predators if the ten total warriors gang up and swarm them. The slain predators can be harvested for foodstuffs and materials in true insect fashion.
Equip our 5 current warriors with the 5 spears we have.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2013, 10:39:48 am »

You will need to decide what to lay for the entire week.  Also, the lain eggs will take 2 months to hatch.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2013, 11:11:41 am »

Let's name outselves the Dedlee Inzekts

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2013, 11:15:02 am »

Let's name outselves the Dedlee Inzekts
Nuuuuu.
We shall be the Plated Ones.
Now excuse me while I reread the topic and figure out what exactly is going on. :P

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2013, 11:15:56 am »

You will need to decide what to lay for the entire week.  Also, the lain eggs will take 2 months to hatch.
We have food supplies for 3 months, so I'd say we'd be fine. More warriors!(if everyone else agrees)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2013, 11:20:18 am »

Yeah, more warriors sounds wise.

Also, we be burrowers, right? Maybe we should get burrowing.

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2013, 02:14:16 pm »

You decide to lay claim to a medium sized copse of trees for now, figuring that there should be a good supply of wood for building things.
You first send in your warriors to clear out any dangerous creatures, finding several.  Dozen.  As your warriors move in to engage them, on leaps out of nowhere onto ones back, only to be stabbed in the face and flung off.  You take the time to note that they stand about 0.5 meters in height, have grey fur, and a lot of big teeth.  Your warriors fight valiantly, stabbing them with spears and expertly removing limbs and heads with their pincers.  A couple try to knock one of your warriors over, but it is in vain due to them having four legs.  They are eventually driven off, but not before they rip off a pincer from two of your warriors.  They wounds are sealed with a paste made from chewed up wood from the ground mixed with the workers saliva.

After the battle with the grey pack hunters you quickly move in, helping your workers dig out the beginnings of your new hive.  By the end of the week you now have a hatching chamber, storage chambers, your administrative chamber, and sleeping quarters.  In addition to this you laid a clutch of 35 warriors, which should be ready to serve you in 8 weeks time.  Now all that's left to do is to begin the developing of the area, and setting up production of what ever you think you need.

---Required actions---
 -What to lay for upcoming week
 -What to do with workers
 -Figure out your damn name already.  Or I'll call you keith
 -Something else?

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Surroundings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:22:37 pm by Origami_Psycho »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 03:17:45 pm »

the name will be Annie

lay warriors
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2013, 03:22:59 pm »

Sticking with Plated Ones.

Anyways, we need to obtain food at some point. Sooo... Uh, yeah. Something in that direction? I really don't know. >.>

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2013, 03:27:22 pm »

Lay workers. We have enough warriors in preparation.
Dig mushroom farms.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8