Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 992282 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.33.0 | DF 42.02
« Reply #2250 on: December 12, 2015, 03:11:51 am »

A suggestion that goes a little outside of what DT currently does, but probably isn't too hard to do (but expanding the DT scope might not be desired):
An instrument page that specifies each generated instrument in one column and then each part in the second one (with the first column being blank for the subsequent parts), with the following columns listing each material category, with ticked check boxes for each category that part can be made of (I'm not sure if some parts can be made out of different materials).
Finding this info within DF is currently rather messy because firstly it's buried within a wall of text, and secondly, that text is cut off halfway through by the bottom of the text box.

Someone Else 37

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: December 12, 2015, 05:15:31 am »

Here's an untested OS X layout: https://gist.github.com/lethosor/40f04de30b8800751e13

Thx. Hey everyone, let's test it together!
[OSX]Dwarf Therapist 33.0 preliminary version for 42.02
It works! Thanks for packaging it up like that- I've never had any luck building programs manually, and Dwarf Therapist was no exception.

One bug I found very quickly: The main DT window, when it appears on first load, is quite a bit wider than my screen. I can scale it down somewhat, but not enough for the entire window to fit.

(if the image is broken, right-clicking it and telling your browser to open it in another tab should work)
If I try to shrink the window any farther, it just won't shrink. It appears to be capped at the width (partially) shown in that screenshot. I can expand it again just fine, but it still won't srink any farther than shown above.

Also, a similar thing happens with the Options menu, except the menus with a lot of entries go way off the bottom of the screen, rather than the side, and there's no way to scroll that I've found.

I'm running OSX El Capitan version 10.11.2 on a Macbook Pro with a Retina display. Probably relevant.
If you grab that top toolbar (with the group by.. filter..) and move it below the buttons toolbar (connect.. read..), does it allow you to resize the window?
Might be a stupid question, but I can't find what to grab it by. Some parts of the toolbar area drag the whole window around; some (such as right on top of a button or label) don't.

Nonetheless, I think you've nailed the cause of that particular problem. Unchecking "Show Toolbar Text" in the options to hide the labels under some of the buttons in the toolbar does allow me to shrink the window a little farther, but not enough to fit entirely on my screen.

A couple more very minor (don't bother with these if you've got more important stuff on your plate) quirks I've noticed:

If the program fails to connect to DF upon loading, for some reason (such as if I started DT before DF), clicking the Connect button again will instantly close DT, even if the problem has been resolved.
To reproduce: Open DT with DF not running, close the warning that appears, open DF, open up your fortress in DF, go back to DT, click "Connect to DF". DT exits with no obvious errors. Restart DT; everything's fine.
Not tested with the "Load Dwarves on Startup" option unchecked, but the same thing happens if I click Refresh then Connect after closing DF.

Also, when I move my mouse downward on the main grid screen, it leaves behind a thin blue line whenever the highlight border thingy moves to the next row. When I move my mouse upward, on the other hand, it clears any residual line that may have already been there. Curiously, neither of these happen when I move my mouse fast enough that the rows in question get skipped due to the program's refresh rate. It seems that the line is only placed or removed when two adjacent rows in the table are highlighted, one after the other.

Scrolling to move the blue lines off the top or bottom of the screen also clears them.

See here:

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2252 on: December 12, 2015, 05:40:19 am »

Here's an untested OS X layout: https://gist.github.com/lethosor/40f04de30b8800751e13

Thx. Hey everyone, let's test it together!
[OSX]Dwarf Therapist 33.0 preliminary version for 42.02
It works! Thanks for packaging it up like that- I've never had any luck building programs manually, and Dwarf Therapist was no exception.

One bug I found very quickly: The main DT window, when it appears on first load, is quite a bit wider than my screen. I can scale it down somewhat, but not enough for the entire window to fit.

(if the image is broken, right-clicking it and telling your browser to open it in another tab should work)
If I try to shrink the window any farther, it just won't shrink. It appears to be capped at the width (partially) shown in that screenshot. I can expand it again just fine, but it still won't srink any farther than shown above.

Also, a similar thing happens with the Options menu, except the menus with a lot of entries go way off the bottom of the screen, rather than the side, and there's no way to scroll that I've found.

I'm running OSX El Capitan version 10.11.2 on a Macbook Pro with a Retina display. Probably relevant.
If you grab that top toolbar (with the group by.. filter..) and move it below the buttons toolbar (connect.. read..), does it allow you to resize the window?
Might be a stupid question, but I can't find what to grab it by. Some parts of the toolbar area drag the whole window around; some (such as right on top of a button or label) don't.

Nonetheless, I think you've nailed the cause of that particular problem. Unchecking "Show Toolbar Text" in the options to hide the labels under some of the buttons in the toolbar does allow me to shrink the window a little farther, but not enough to fit entirely on my screen.

A couple more very minor (don't bother with these if you've got more important stuff on your plate) quirks I've noticed:

If the program fails to connect to DF upon loading, for some reason (such as if I started DT before DF), clicking the Connect button again will instantly close DT, even if the problem has been resolved.
To reproduce: Open DT with DF not running, close the warning that appears, open DF, open up your fortress in DF, go back to DT, click "Connect to DF". DT exits with no obvious errors. Restart DT; everything's fine.
Not tested with the "Load Dwarves on Startup" option unchecked, but the same thing happens if I click Refresh then Connect after closing DF.

Also, when I move my mouse downward on the main grid screen, it leaves behind a thin blue line whenever the highlight border thingy moves to the next row. When I move my mouse upward, on the other hand, it clears any residual line that may have already been there. Curiously, neither of these happen when I move my mouse fast enough that the rows in question get skipped due to the program's refresh rate. It seems that the line is only placed or removed when two adjacent rows in the table are highlighted, one after the other.

Scrolling to move the blue lines off the top or bottom of the screen also clears them.

See here:

Hrmm that's true, in your screenshot, it doesn't show a grippable area (normally it's just to the left of 'Group By'). The other toolbar should also be movable as well (grip area just to the left of 'Connect').

Additionally, it should still be possible to reduce the window size, and the toolbar widgets should just be hidden behind a >> on the end of the toolbar. I have no idea with the blue guidelines.

So either these are issues with OSX, or an issue with QT5 which does have some weird bugs. I think fricy compiled that version with QT4 though..

I've added an issue to the tracker for the crashing on reconnect after a failed connect.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 05:44:22 am by splinterz »

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: December 12, 2015, 03:25:04 pm »

Wooo! DF 0.42!

Now DF is playable.

Now just a wait for the official Pheobus release!

Thank you so much!
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

BlackSmokeDMax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: December 12, 2015, 03:35:55 pm »

<deleted text>

Set it up, or give the option to setup an Excel-like "freeze panes" setting. Meaning when scrolling either horizontally or vertically the first column and first row will always stay frozen in view.

<deleted text>

Again, I apologize if this is in and I'm being a dummy and can't figure it out. I'd appreciate any help there if true.
No such feature currently exists in DT. It may be possible though..

Thanks for the reply, at least I know I'm not missing anything (about that topic at least.)

SomeoneSneaky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2255 on: December 12, 2015, 10:47:58 pm »

I caught the whim to dive into a fortress again, and decided to take a peek and see if anything had been updated. Lo and behold, new release! Hooray! Cue download > install > configure > time to get the new dwarf therapist

And then confusion because DT is not working, it is yelling at me about wrong versions! So, go back and read the DT thread -- no, everyone else is fine, maybe it's just me. Double check -- no, I've got the newest one.

Then I go and take a look at the actual DF version, and realize that my 'random whim to play Dwarf Fortress' happens to be on the day the newest bug patch came out and you hadn't had a chance to catch up quite yet.

Oops.

Now I have a quandary. Do I do without, something I haven't done for YEARS because it makes me twitchy and impatient, or do I downgrade DF and deal with possible bugs and crashes. Hmmmmm.

Really, though -- I can't remember if I've said it or not before, but thank you for keeping Therapist going! Other than a slightly customized font, this is the only thing I use to change the game at all. I may have to delay my playing until DT is updated, because of said twitchiness and impatience. ¬.¬
The three stages of information assimilation in bay 12:
1)horror
2)curiosity
3)weaponization

Shazbot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: December 12, 2015, 11:24:41 pm »

Make a micro-fort to fiddle with the new features, then a proper fort when 42.03 support comes out.

jcd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2257 on: December 13, 2015, 05:33:29 am »

I caught the whim to dive into a fortress again, and decided to take a peek and see if anything had been updated. Lo and behold, new release! Hooray! Cue download > install > configure > time to get the new dwarf therapist

And then confusion because DT is not working, it is yelling at me about wrong versions! So, go back and read the DT thread -- no, everyone else is fine, maybe it's just me. Double check -- no, I've got the newest one.

Then I go and take a look at the actual DF version, and realize that my 'random whim to play Dwarf Fortress' happens to be on the day the newest bug patch came out and you hadn't had a chance to catch up quite yet.

Oops.

Now I have a quandary. Do I do without, something I haven't done for YEARS because it makes me twitchy and impatient, or do I downgrade DF and deal with possible bugs and crashes. Hmmmmm.

Really, though -- I can't remember if I've said it or not before, but thank you for keeping Therapist going! Other than a slightly customized font, this is the only thing I use to change the game at all. I may have to delay my playing until DT is updated, because of said twitchiness and impatience. ¬.¬

you could also play adventure mode to get a feel for the world until DT gets updated ;)

Deboche

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: December 13, 2015, 07:05:33 am »

Play until the 2nd or 3rd migrant wave.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2259 on: December 13, 2015, 07:16:47 am »

<deleted text>

Set it up, or give the option to setup an Excel-like "freeze panes" setting. Meaning when scrolling either horizontally or vertically the first column and first row will always stay frozen in view.

<deleted text>

Again, I apologize if this is in and I'm being a dummy and can't figure it out. I'd appreciate any help there if true.
No such feature currently exists in DT. It may be possible though..

Thanks for the reply, at least I know I'm not missing anything (about that topic at least.)
Personally I think it's a good idea, I just don't know how difficult it would be to implement (ie. the widgets don't do that sort of thing out of the box)

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: December 13, 2015, 12:30:10 pm »

Well, I'm looking forwards to the next release of DwarfTherapist again...

Any idea about how I'd go about trying to fill in the offsets?

necrotic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: December 13, 2015, 12:36:09 pm »

DFHack has some documentation on finding offsets for DFHack itself, which DT then uses.

https://github.com/DFHack/df-structures/blob/master/how-to-update.rst

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
« Reply #2262 on: December 13, 2015, 03:16:17 pm »

Has this been updated to 42.03 yet?
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Chimerat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: December 13, 2015, 03:37:39 pm »

Has this been updated to 42.03 yet?
I don't believe so. There's generally a post here when that happens.

Moonlighter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: December 13, 2015, 03:42:10 pm »

I suppose we shall have to wait then. Dwarf Therapist is one of those tools that makes the game less tedious and more enjoyable for many players.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 222