Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 992836 times)

Lasander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.6 | DF 40.08
« Reply #1320 on: August 12, 2014, 01:24:19 am »

Question building Dwarf Therapist in linux.
I built it and is currently sitting in the Games category in my menu but will not run when I click on it.  I run 'dwarftherapist' in the terminal and I get infinite computer vomit which repeats.

Code: [Select]
)
which: no kdesu in (/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/core_perl)
/usr/bin/dwarftherapist: line 182: xmessage: command not found
which: no kdesudo in (/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/core_perl)
)
which: no kdesu in (/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/core_perl)
/usr/bin/dwarftherapist: line 182: xmessage: command not found
which: no kdesudo in (/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/bin/core_perl)
)

As far as I can tell its looking for the 'KDE su' command.  I am not using KDE.  I am running Antergos using MATE.  Am I doing something wrong or do I simply have to install kdesu?
Worship!

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: August 12, 2014, 05:41:15 am »

Am I doing something wrong or do I simply have to install kdesu?
If you can find where it's mentioned you can replace it with pkexec which is better alternative for either gksu or kdesudo.
Note that at least for KDE 4.13 it's kdesudo, not kdesu
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:48:35 am by int_ua »

Henour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: August 12, 2014, 10:18:14 am »

Is there a way to view the Discipline of a Dwarf in DT yet?

It seems my last embark has no enemies nearby and I have not pierced the caverns yet so there was nothing to be afraid of.
From what I read Discipline is quiet important now in order for Dwarfs to not run away from enemies and I would like to check my squads Discipline without reading through the complete char description :D

If there is an option for it already I didn't find it.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1323 on: August 12, 2014, 10:25:04 am »

Is there a way to view the Discipline of a Dwarf in DT yet?

It seems my last embark has no enemies nearby and I have not pierced the caverns yet so there was nothing to be afraid of.
From what I read Discipline is quiet important now in order for Dwarfs to not run away from enemies and I would like to check my squads Discipline without reading through the complete char description :D

If there is an option for it already I didn't find it.
check the military views

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: August 12, 2014, 11:03:10 am »

Hey, you may have noticed me asking questions about how to compile Dwarf Therapist properly in this thread before. I was finally able to compile the most recent version in Ubuntu 14.04. I downloaded the zip, and compiled normally from that. Beforehand, I was git cloning the project, and compiling that... and it always compiled the oldest available version. I still have no idea why this is, but whatever, compile from the zip if you have a problem like mine in future.

Works great, btw. Thanks for the good work.
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

OzoneGrif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: August 12, 2014, 01:16:02 pm »

indeed that was the cause. should be fixed up in the latest release
Woah already? Love you long time ! <3 <3

It is indeed fixed, just downloaded the new version :)

I don't find a Paypal for the donations, could you include one on your main post somewhere? I am willing to give a few bucks to DT (I already gave some to Toady One)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: August 12, 2014, 01:41:13 pm »

Hey, you may have noticed me asking questions about how to compile Dwarf Therapist properly in this thread before. I was finally able to compile the most recent version in Ubuntu 14.04. I downloaded the zip, and compiled normally from that. Beforehand, I was git cloning the project, and compiling that... and it always compiled the oldest available version. I still have no idea why this is, but whatever, compile from the zip if you have a problem like mine in future.

Works great, btw. Thanks for the good work.

if you cloned using github; I learned the hard way, that inside github win32 gui app, there is a drop down that asks you what branch you want to work with.  That is the version you are building.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: August 12, 2014, 02:19:22 pm »

I've noticed that some of my dwarves list prefences in triplicate in the tool-tip that pops up when you hover over their names.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Toads, Toads, Toads.

But not all of the dwarves are doing it. Some just list the preferences once. I haven't noticed anything that seems to be unique about those who have the triplicate preferences.

Also note that it seems to triplicate things by category. The material preferences (Giant aardvark leather ... Phyllite) are listed out in order three times, rather than each one being listed three times before the next.

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: August 12, 2014, 02:46:46 pm »

I've noticed that some of my dwarves list prefences in triplicate in the tool-tip that pops up when you hover over their names.
Toads, Toads, Toads.

But not all of the dwarves are doing it. Some just list the preferences once. I haven't noticed anything that seems to be unique about those who have the triplicate preferences.

Also note that it seems to triplicate things by category. The material preferences (Giant aardvark leather ... Phyllite) are listed out in order three times, rather than each one being listed three times before the next.

Keith
The skills are doubled-up, too.  Maybe he's just really enthusiastic about those things?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1329 on: August 12, 2014, 03:25:21 pm »

Toads, Toads, Toads.

Keith
The skills are doubled-up, too.  Maybe he's just really enthusiastic about those things?
so far i haven't been able to figure out how to reproduce this one, so if you've got a save that exhibits the bug that would be great.

Evondral

• Bay Watcher
  • Neckbeard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: August 12, 2014, 03:43:39 pm »

'Lo all, this might have been asked already, but is anyone else having problems with setting custom professions? I click the option and no text box pops up. The button doesn't seem to be doing anything.
I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took a -=Steel Bolt=- in the [Left Knee, the muscle is torn!].

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1331 on: August 12, 2014, 04:00:54 pm »

'Lo all, this might have been asked already, but is anyone else having problems with setting custom professions? I click the option and no text box pops up. The button doesn't seem to be doing anything.
i just noticed that myself, seems i broke it  ::)

forumist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: August 12, 2014, 04:56:41 pm »

Beforehand, I was git cloning the project, and compiling that... and it always compiled the oldest available version. I still have no idea why this is, but whatever, compile from the zip if you have a problem like mine in future.

As I understand it, the instructions for getting the code for version 0.40.* from github were bugged:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=122968.msg5547075#msg5547075

It should be "git clone git://github.com/splintermind/Dwarf-Therapist.git -b DF2014"
Don't quote me on that.
Cacame channels aquifers into submission by staring at them. Cacame is so badass, kobolds give him their children to leave them alone. If Hidden Fun Stuff digs too far down, they hit Cacame. Cacame once took a Tantrum Spiral and impaled four enemies on it.

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: August 12, 2014, 11:23:00 pm »

I've made a deb package on/for amd64 Ubuntu with checkinstall, but DFFD won't allow uploading deb.
And it doesn't really work except from running in the build directory. Guess that's because memory maps are placed incorrectly. But still, works for me.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 11:26:49 pm by int_ua »

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: August 12, 2014, 11:25:56 pm »

Can you just zip the thing? 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 222