Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 992563 times)

Canageek

• Bay Watcher
  • Badwolf
    • View Profile
    • Ruminations of a Canadian Geek
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.4 !!Health View Poll!!
« Reply #225 on: June 18, 2013, 12:08:02 am »

Hey Splinterz, when you add in health information can you make sure to show it for animals too? I'd love to be able to see which of my animals are injured and slaughter the more injured ones before I go after the healthy ones. What you have so far is great for ensuring I keep breeding pairs of all my animals though. Thank you! I'll be off to dream of the day I can manage my military fully through DT, and possibly even one day my stocks. Stocks through a nice gui where I can highlight all the damaged clothing and send it to the junk pile, or better yet, the trade depot...mmmm.....

Thanks again!

Splinterz, now that the other DT got on it's feet again, do you think on merging? Which one do you recommend?

There doesn't seem to be any activity in the old thread, where are you seeing this?
"That is, I repeat, conjecture. But I cannot see a more probable way in which that plant, intended to be kept secret, could come, quite suddenly, to be found in almost every part of the world."
    -William Masen, The Day of the Triffids

zedutchgandalf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2013, 05:38:24 pm »

I play Dwarf Fortress (quite a lot) on my MacBook and I was searching these forums to see if there was a new version of DT that works with Mac.
I read through this whole thread but there still doesn't appear to be a working version?
I'm also a CS student, and I've got a lot of experience programming C++ and Objective-C, and a bit of experience using QT.
I updated Splinterz' version of DT to work with Mac but I can't get it to connect to DF properly (it just crashes when trying to connect). I did however manage to get the old Mac-version (the one by Chmod and/or DwarfEngineer) to work properly with v. 0.34.11.
The memory-layout used in df_structures (someone linked it higher up in this thread) wasn't completely right (though most of it is). I had to change a few memory locations, but now everything works (I think).
Anyway, here's the correct v0.34.11.ini file: http://pastebin.com/GNwG2ti2
It works with version 0.6.12b05 of the original DT fork: https://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/downloads/list
To add the new memory-layout to DwarfTherapist, download and install v.0.6.12b05 like you normally would. Once installed, locate it in the Applications folder and right-click -> show package content. Then navigate to "Contents/MacOS/etc/memory_layouts/osx" and paste the file "v0.34.11.ini".
That should be all you have to do. It now works exactly as it used to work under Windows on my old pc.
I will look into updating Splinterz version to work with Mac OSX as well, but it'll probably take some time since I'm in the middle of my finals at Uni and I'll have to "get used" to DT's code. Anyway, this is a quick fix to get the old version working again in the meantime.

rsgm123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2013, 04:05:17 pm »

Splinterz, I run linux, and the 20.4 version of this works on one of my computers using wine but not the other. Both are the same linux version, and both use the same wine. I have no idea why one works and one doesn't.

I tried to compile the linux version my self, I might not have done it correctly because I ran DT and DT would close right away like the windows version. Here is the log output from the windows version.https://gist.github.com/Rsgm/8103881c7afaf9d2de0a

Could you please either update the linux download link, or try your best to fix the windows version (assuming the windows version is the only affected one.)

EDIT - fixed
So for anyone else with this problem, wine does not work with this if it is set to windows 7 or 8; Vista and lower works(I have only tested the non-server OSs). For some reason in windows 7 and higher, it can't locate the memory config files. My guess is an update to path systems in win7.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 09:29:09 pm by rsgm123 »

vrga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2013, 02:13:51 am »

Splinterz, I run linux, and the 20.4 version of this works on one of my computers using wine but not the other. Both are the same linux version, and both use the same wine. I have no idea why one works and one doesn't.

I tried to compile the linux version my self, I might not have done it correctly because I ran DT and DT would close right away like the windows version. Here is the log output from the windows version.https://gist.github.com/Rsgm/8103881c7afaf9d2de0a

Could you please either update the linux download link, or try your best to fix the windows version (assuming the windows version is the only affected one.)

EDIT - fixed
So for anyone else with this problem, wine does not work with this if it is set to windows 7 or 8; Vista and lower works(I have only tested the non-server OSs). For some reason in windows 7 and higher, it can't locate the memory config files. My guess is an update to path systems in win7.
Please tell me, why arent you using the native linux DF and DT?
Zeocin's take on the current situation in Ardentdikes:
Otherwise known as the Release Urist Now Apocalyptic Weapon of Arse Yerking, or the R.U.N.A.W.A.Y. system.

rsgm123

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2013, 08:04:51 pm »

I have tried a few times to build it myself but I am unable to. I have linux mint, which is built on ubuntu. I went through the steps to build/make it under ubuntu, it gives me this error when I try to use make:
"make: g++: Command not found
make: *** [bin/release/dfinstancelinux.o] Error 127"

It probably doesn't matter that much, I run DF through wine for the LNP and get about 70 cpu fps on a three year old fort in a 10x10 area.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:11:35 pm by rsgm123 »

Loschmidt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 01, 2013, 07:06:41 pm »

I have tried a few times to build it myself but I am unable to. I have linux mint, which is built on ubuntu.

Hi,

I'm having trouble building the linux native version too. And sadly running the windows one in wine is not a possiblity for me. I'm playing on my tiny netbook whilst on holiday in Central America (haha, serious dedication to DF ey) and i'm getting like 40 FPS on a 1 year old fort with a 3x3 area.

Anyway, any suggestions?

Cheers,

Loschmidt

STZao

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 12, 2013, 06:49:58 pm »

Could anyone host this on media fire or another file sharing service? This one is blocked by my work and I can't use it. I'm forced to use an older version of DT and use an older version of DF too because I don't want to play without DT. Thanks!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 14, 2013, 10:55:13 am »

Feature Request:
The ability to select multiple dwarf's, and unassign a group of labors (example, hauling).

I thought I was able to do this before...

The reason I do this, is I usually enable hauling on everyone, but until then...  While I need certain projects done I need to selectively unassign hauler's (such as all my woodcutters or masonry people)

I guess the same should be for vice-versa (enable grouping of labors on multiple dwarf's)... this one is workaroundable, as in I could do a custom profession/mask, but I can't apply a mask that only removes labors...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 10:59:12 am by thistleknot »

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 14, 2013, 05:50:36 pm »

You should be able to select multiple dwarves by using either the Shift or Ctrl keys.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 14, 2013, 07:49:54 pm »

the feature request is not the ability to select multiple, but to "toggle hauling" on/off (and other group of labors) for multiple dwarf's

Kurik Amudnil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 15, 2013, 12:27:36 pm »

if you tell it to sort by profession, or any other grouped sort, they you should be able to toggle by clicking the related box in the group header.  Trying to toggle for a subset would still be problematic, but all woodcutters and all masons should work as long as that is their profession or custom profession.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 15, 2013, 03:34:46 pm »

You still have to click on each labour individually, even if you can do it on multiple dwarves at once.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

GiantUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 15, 2013, 10:25:54 pm »

I play Dwarf Fortress (quite a lot) on my MacBook and I was searching these forums to see if there was a new version of DT that works with Mac.
I read through this whole thread but there still doesn't appear to be a working version?
I'm also a CS student, and I've got a lot of experience programming C++ and Objective-C, and a bit of experience using QT.
I updated Splinterz' version of DT to work with Mac but I can't get it to connect to DF properly (it just crashes when trying to connect). I did however manage to get the old Mac-version (the one by Chmod and/or DwarfEngineer) to work properly with v. 0.34.11.
The memory-layout used in df_structures (someone linked it higher up in this thread) wasn't completely right (though most of it is). I had to change a few memory locations, but now everything works (I think).
Anyway, here's the correct v0.34.11.ini file: http://pastebin.com/GNwG2ti2
It works with version 0.6.12b05 of the original DT fork: https://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/downloads/list
To add the new memory-layout to DwarfTherapist, download and install v.0.6.12b05 like you normally would. Once installed, locate it in the Applications folder and right-click -> show package content. Then navigate to "Contents/MacOS/etc/memory_layouts/osx" and paste the file "v0.34.11.ini".
That should be all you have to do. It now works exactly as it used to work under Windows on my old pc.
I will look into updating Splinterz version to work with Mac OSX as well, but it'll probably take some time since I'm in the middle of my finals at Uni and I'll have to "get used" to DT's code. Anyway, this is a quick fix to get the old version working again in the meantime.

I've been sitting on a version of Splinterz DT for DF 0.34.11 that works on OS X for some time now (~ 1-2 months).
It suffers from a bug where the settings file gets corrupted after a while (no idea why), as well as having two DT icons on the Dock (I have an idea why, but I don't know how to fix it).
I sent my modified source to Splinterz, but I've yet to hear back from him.

At some point, I might put up a .dmg file upon on http://dffd.wimbli.com, and maybe my modified source on Github too.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 16, 2013, 05:36:10 pm »

Ut would b nice if u could post a "how to" in its own thread and maybe splinterz can edit ur thread into the 1st post. A lot of people ask how to build it for mac

GiantUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 16, 2013, 06:39:49 pm »

The changes to the source that were required were significant enough that a simple how-to would not suffice.

Once the source is updated, a how-to will be the next sensible step.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 222