Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 992566 times)

aocarson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.4 !!Health View Poll!!
« Reply #180 on: April 23, 2013, 09:12:06 am »

PS I should mention that I did trash the Dwarf Therapist.ini file in the Application Data folder.  If I go into the options and uncheck "connect at startup" the window loads quickly, but then it takes 4 minutes to connect and read the dorfs.  Something is up...

lukego

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 24, 2013, 03:58:08 pm »

I've been looking at this for a while and trying to figure out how to get Dwarf Therapist on my Mac for DF v0.34.11...it seems I have everything I need in order to accomplish this except for Xcode 3.2.6 for Snow Leopard (since I have an older Mac with OSX 10.6.8).  While I've been hunting around for this, I also noticed that this maintained branch seems to have lost its support for Mac...is this intentional or circumstantial?  If all you're missing is someone to compile the new .ini in the /etc/memory_layouts then you can count me in :D ...just as soon as I track down this older version of Xcode :-\

-Luke

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 24, 2013, 08:32:07 pm »

May i request that on the animal tab you add the ability to mark animals for slaugher. Can then sort on the stats shown there to manage a breeding program for livestock.
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #183 on: April 24, 2013, 08:52:41 pm »

dfhack autobutcher is a nifty utility for butchering/farmstock. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

GiantUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 24, 2013, 08:59:59 pm »

I spent the last few days trying to get working myself. I managed to get splinterz' branch to compile and start up, but I ran into the memory layout issue myself. In addition, it some of the 'Scan Memory' locate options end up freezing the running instance of Dwarf Fortress. I was trying this on Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 with the latest Xcode 4.6.2 and QT 4.8.4, so I don't think you need older versions of anything. I used the instructions https://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/MappingNewVersions as well as some of the posted .ini addresses at the very bottom of that page to no avail. From what I understand, splinterz' branch uses additional addresses under the [addresses] portion of the .ini file

This branch was created before a lot of the relevant patches for OS X were completed. For whatever reason, the changes in splinterz' branch weren't merged back into the main branch (Does Google Code not support merge requests like Github?).

In any case, I emailed splinterz on the email address he used for this branch on Google Code with my findings yesterday.

P.S. Is there any mapping between https://github.com/angavrilov/df-structures/blob/master/symbols.xml and the .ini memory layouts?

Thanks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #185 on: April 24, 2013, 10:08:45 pm »

I changed every entry that concerns labors and skills in the init. All but those:

Code: [Select]
[dwarf_jobs]
size=231
1/name = "Carve Fortification"
1/type = FORTIFICATION
2/name = "Detail Wall"
2/type = ENGRAVE
3/name = "Detail Floor"
3/type = ENGRAVE
4/name = "Dig"
4/type = DIG

They dont use the standard DF syntax for skills or labors, and I figured they are just to show which active job a dwarf currently has. Nothing important. I do however have a problem changing the labors. See the picture. Here is the game_data.init, if you want to have a look. I hope you can find a more or less easy way to fix this. The only thing missing is renaming the labors/titles in the tables. If it is something you have to do I can compile you a list with the changed names.

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Ashery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2013, 12:58:51 am »

Basic question that might've been answered sometime in the past but I'm getting tired of digging through pages of history and want to actually make progress on my project (Heh):

When exporting the .csv file, is it possible to exclude certain dwarves? I know I could manually delete the entries after exporting, or just kill the dwarves that I don't want to export, but I'm going to be exporting a *ton* of data and a way to simply exclude certain dwarves from being exported would be the easiest way to proceed.

Filtering dwarves doesn't work; It'll only display those filtered in DT, but the .csv exported, despite "...the current grid view...," still contains all dwarves.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2013, 03:32:54 am »

@lukego, i can't support osx because i don't have any such o/s to test with. you're more than welcome to try compiling the current source, that may be all that's necessary

@drayath, in the default animals view there's a butcher column that can be toggled to butcher animals from DT

@GiantUrist, you're correct that this version of DT has additional addresses. you'll need to add an osx directory in the memory_layout directory, and then put the relevant layout files there. those df-structures are the same ones that DT uses but i'm not sure which need to be modified for osx (globals and the checksum?)

@Meph, the column header text is separate from the labors/skills/whatever. i may have to make some adjustments on how the default views are read to use the game_data.ini values instead of specific text stored with the columns. i haven't tried the modified exe you sent me but if you create a new view you should be able to get the proper column names. obviously this isn't very practical as you won't be able to ship custom views (yet?)

@Ashery, sounds like a bug, i'll check it out.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:56:05 am by splinterz »

Crazor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2013, 06:03:11 am »

Yay a fork! Just discovered after playing DF again ;)

I'm in on the Mac version! @GiantUrist and others, if you like, contact me so we can join forces hacking on the OS X version...

Crazor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2013, 08:21:46 am »

Ok I fixed the code to compile on OS X and started with the memory layout ini. Just isntalling qt from Homebrew was enough to qmake && make it.

Problems so far:

I need to directly run the executable from a shell, because doubleclicking the app just pops up the window for a second and then closes. No run log.
Also I need to run the executable using sudo, the authentication doesn't seem to work. There were changes needed in the auth code, so maybe I f*cked up.

Once DT is running (with sudo), I can add the checksum to the memory layout, restart DT and it connects. Scan Memory stuff doesn't work at all, though. As soon as I click on any button in the Scan Target box, DT just closes (not even crashes).

So I guess I better try running it from within Xcode and get debuggin'. Any hints on how to set this up?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2013, 08:42:58 am »

I can create a new grid view and it accepts the new labors.

In theory that means I could create a custom grid view, delete the old "labor" tab, include the new one, and bundle that with Masterwork. Can I somehow save them, without forcing the user to run "import grid views" manually?

Or you do change to init. ^^

Edit: In case it makes it easier for you:  Here is the game_data.init I use and the patched exe.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 08:44:59 am by Meph »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2013, 09:08:36 am »

yeah Meph, that's the issue, you'd have to package up your custom grid views and have them imported by the player. i'll see about changing the default views to use the game_data names for skills, labors, etc. instead for the column header text, and then you won't have to worry about it.

lukego

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2013, 04:16:40 pm »

Ok, so about adding Mac OSX support for this branch...

Sounds like we need to grab the /etc/memory_layouts/osx folder from the latest version of the original Dwarf Therapist and add it to this branch's /etc/memory_layouts/ folder.  Then, add in the new .ini found here: http://moo.cat/~dan/v.0.34.11.ini.txt (many thanks to digis...@gmail.com for putting it up there), renaming it, of course.  The offsets are identical to the Linux .ini for v0.34.11 and it has the same number of [addresses], as well.  The only differences are the values of the checksum and each of the [addresses].  As long as Splinterz's new features and changes made do not affect the rest of Dwarf Therapist's compatibility with Mac, that should be all we need.

I am still searching for the compiler that will work on my system in order to test it out myself (as I said before, I have an older Mac with OSX 10.6.8, so I need xcode that's compatible with my system), but it sounds like both Crazor and GiantUrist have the setup to get this rolling without any more of my help.  Can't wait for OSX support again! :D

-Luke
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:20:07 pm by lukego »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2013, 04:34:50 pm »

Lukego, I am not 100% sure, but this should have a mac version of splinterz branch included. I cant really check if it works, because I dont have a Mac...

lukego

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 26, 2013, 04:13:08 am »

I'll take a look at it and see how it goes for me!  Thanks!

-Luke
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 222