Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 992638 times)

Slyjoker87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.4 !!Health View Poll!!
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2013, 03:56:09 pm »

It's annoying that you don't have any OS information on the first page here. You need to explain if it is Windows / Linux / OSX so we don't have to dig to figure it out.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #166 on: April 12, 2013, 02:30:14 am »

Hello, thanks for spending time on this tool for me in your spare time! I would appreciate it if perhaps you could indicate on the first post the availability for different operating systems, thanks again!
ah well it's DF, so all things by proxy should have a learning curve right? ;) anyway, i assumed most people just went immediately to the project page for information, but i'll make the o/s information more apparent in the original post.

Nalbir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 12, 2013, 11:00:11 am »

Latest version works fine on ubuntu Linux with a few tweaks. Current working directory needs to be the root folder and launched as super user (sudo). Compiled from source.

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 13, 2013, 04:06:59 am »

Hello,

Wonderful work!

Your guidance would be gratefully received. I recently had six dwarves afflicted with a blistering syndrome - they all swelled up and bled everywhere & had to have surgery. All six survived. However, Dwarf Therapist is not showing them any longer, as thought they had died. I recall seeing something like this before, but I've not been able to find it: is there a way of making DT 'check again' / 'check more carefully' to realise the error of its ways? Sorry if it's very obvious - I think I have a bit of a blind spot for this one. My search for 'therapist' & 'syndrome' didn't lead me anywhere useful....

Thank you.

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #169 on: April 13, 2013, 03:04:53 pm »

Hello,

Wonderful work!

Your guidance would be gratefully received. I recently had six dwarves afflicted with a blistering syndrome - they all swelled up and bled everywhere & had to have surgery. All six survived. However, Dwarf Therapist is not showing them any longer, as thought they had died. I recall seeing something like this before, but I've not been able to find it: is there a way of making DT 'check again' / 'check more carefully' to realise the error of its ways? Sorry if it's very obvious - I think I have a bit of a blind spot for this one. My search for 'therapist' & 'syndrome' didn't lead me anywhere useful....

Thank you.

hrmm that does seem very strange, would you mind uploading your save so that i can take a look?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #170 on: April 13, 2013, 04:28:42 pm »

Reading the words Therapist and Syndrome next to each other... is it possible to show the syndromes that affect dwarves? I like how you can see those in Arena Mode, but dislike that you can never tell in Fortress Mode. That would be a very big change indeed. It wouldnt just ease things you can already do, but open up new informations, previously unreachable to the player. So, to make it short, I hope your answer is yes. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zooeyglass

• Bay Watcher
  • Melbil that!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 13, 2013, 05:15:48 pm »

Struggling with DFFD - what files do I need to upload?

It is a total pain in the butt, but you gotta do what you gotta do if you want that upright candy weapon.
Your suspicions are nothing more than superstition

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2013, 12:15:31 am »

I've been dealing with a weird bug that at first I was like, "oh, no biggie, I can just close and re-open dt".

what happens is I jump to some roles, and see a bunch are all the same (as if they all got assigned the same value)...

reading dwarf's doesn't fix it...

I have to close/re-open.

Problem is, I don't always see it, I don't see it on the labors screen, only when I go to roles... probably because the labors screen is using skills to draw squares... where-as roles is doing something different?

I dont know, but the roles are not updating right...

Next time I see it, I'll make a video and show you what's going on.

It's happened quite a few times btw... so there's some sort of "stopping of reading of values" going on.

The reason it can be a problem is... sometimes I don't even know it's happening until I go to the roles screen.

I've done a before/after labor optimization, and they come out quite different due to the roles being read wrong.  So there's potential for non optimal labor assignments...

and we know we don't want that now :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:57:39 am by thistleknot »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #173 on: April 14, 2013, 05:45:40 am »

Reading the words Therapist and Syndrome next to each other... is it possible to show the syndromes that affect dwarves? I like how you can see those in Arena Mode, but dislike that you can never tell in Fortress Mode. That would be a very big change indeed. It wouldnt just ease things you can already do, but open up new informations, previously unreachable to the player. So, to make it short, I hope your answer is yes. ^^
yes it's possible to some degree. i've tried out showing the name/description of a syndrome and that works out alright. unfortunately i can't really show much more than the names and whether or not it's bad (needs hospitalization).

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #174 on: April 14, 2013, 05:52:22 am »

I've been dealing with a weird bug that at first I was like, "oh, no biggie, I can just close and re-open dt". What happens is I jump to some roles, and see a bunch are all the same (as if they all got assigned the same value)...reading dwarf's doesn't fix it...I have to close/re-open.

Problem is, I don't always see it, I don't see it on the labors screen, only when I go to roles... probably because the labors screen is using skills to draw squares... where-as roles is doing something different? I dont know, but the roles are not updating right...Next time I see it, I'll make a video and show you what's going on. It's happened quite a few times btw... so there's some sort of "stopping of reading of values" going on. The reason it can be a problem is... sometimes I don't even know it's happening until I go to the roles screen. I've done a before/after labor optimization, and they come out quite different due to the roles being read wrong.  So there's potential for non optimal labor assignments...and we know we don't want that now :)
is this perhaps when you've reconnected to DF after closing and then reloading a save?

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2013, 08:35:55 am »

No it is not

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2013, 01:31:51 pm »

With name you mean the SYN_NAME? That would be more then enough, because the name does not have to be "poison", modders could simply rename it to "Desert Scorpion Sting; Very poisonous, affects lungs and heart, can cause paralysis. Resistable, Size dilutes."

Same trick I use for the rune coatings. I just called the materials "blablabla bonus given by the intricate runes coating", done.

Even all vanilla syndromes (at least those in creatures) can be given a more descriptive name, if so desired.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2013, 01:43:40 pm »

With name you mean the SYN_NAME? That would be more then enough, because the name does not have to be "poison", modders could simply rename it to "Desert Scorpion Sting; Very poisonous, affects lungs and heart, can cause paralysis. Resistable, Size dilutes."

Same trick I use for the rune coatings. I just called the materials "blablabla bonus given by the intricate runes coating", done.

Even all vanilla syndromes (at least those in creatures) can be given a more descriptive name, if so desired.
yes that's right, the syn_name. so as you've described you could give it a more detailed name/description. after that it's just a matter of adding in some code to read the active syndromes on a unit and displaying them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #178 on: April 15, 2013, 02:00:04 pm »

That is wonderful news, and I would like to officially request this to be added :)

aocarson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 23, 2013, 09:08:56 am »

Hello all,

I know there are numerous threads about Dwarf Therapist running on a Mac, but I hope this question has a simple answer.  I originally ran DF under WINE and felt like I was able to use it with the 20.4 DT just fine.  After playing on Windows for a while, then the OSX native, I've come back to trying to run under WINE (being able to see % of roles to assign labors, and assigning to squads from the military tab are indispensable).  I'm running vanilla DF with dfhack r3, yet when I start DT it literally takes minutes to load.  I do not remember it taking this long, at all.  It takes about a minute to connect, then it reads dorfs over another minute.  I have tried numerous different versions of wine, wine-developer branch, wine-crossover, etc, but DT under WINE seems to crawl.  I thought I remember playing and using it just fine; am I taking crazy pills, or is it this slow for everyone?!

Thanks,
AOC
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 222