Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 993073 times)

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.23.6 | DF 40.08
« Reply #1411 on: August 18, 2014, 12:40:57 pm »

<snip>
the nice_name() function returns the name that you see in the first column. so doing a == comparison only matches the exact name, not a partial match. however, it looks like what you really want is the ability to check the nickname, so i've exposed that function to the scripting in the next release.
I'm not sure I see a use case for the current implementation for nice_name() (or am I missing something?). Thanks for exposing the more useful functionality.

It would be nice if there was a way to do partial matches for strings, though. Not a must-have, or even a high priority, but if you are bored some day and looking for something to do... :)

<snip>
this should be fixed in the next release, but i wasn't able to test it.

Thanks. It was a minor issue, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

BTW, I actually use the Alchemy skill as a flag sometimes. For example, when I find someone drained of blood and I start searching for potential vampires, I go down the list and look at happy thoughts. Anyone who doesn't have any drink/eat/sleep related thoughts is a suspect and I flag them by turning on alchemy. It's the one skill that is always off by default and won't change anything if I turn it on. I guess I could turn off everyone's fish dissecting or animal care and use that, though.

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1412 on: August 18, 2014, 12:47:45 pm »

<snip>
the nice_name() function returns the name that you see in the first column. so doing a == comparison only matches the exact name, not a partial match. however, it looks like what you really want is the ability to check the nickname, so i've exposed that function to the scripting in the next release.
I'm not sure I see a use case for the current implementation for nice_name() (or am I missing something?). Thanks for exposing the more useful functionality.

It would be nice if there was a way to do partial matches for strings, though. Not a must-have, or even a high priority, but if you are bored some day and looking for something to do... :)

<snip>
this should be fixed in the next release, but i wasn't able to test it.

Thanks. It was a minor issue, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

BTW, I actually use the Alchemy skill as a flag sometimes. For example, when I find someone drained of blood and I start searching for potential vampires, I go down the list and look at happy thoughts. Anyone who doesn't have any drink/eat/sleep related thoughts is a suspect and I flag them by turning on alchemy. It's the one skill that is always off by default and won't change anything if I turn it on. I guess I could turn off everyone's fish dissecting or animal care and use that, though.

Keith
yeah for scripting it's pretty useless, i should add something to search the nice names instead. if you don't need a script though, the filter box at the top should do what you want.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.24.0 | DF 40.09
« Reply #1413 on: August 18, 2014, 04:41:21 pm »

24.0 has been release for 40.09 (sorry OSX guys, still problems with the mem layouts)

patch notes:
  • fixes setting only the custom profession name
  • fixes a crash when loading without valid default views
  • fixes a crash when loading without health information
  • adjusted the description of the thought for 'talked to ...' to something more generic
  • changed the role cell's export value to the raw role rating, instead of the drawn rating
  • pets can no longer be butchered (as in game)
  • updated the preferences section in the unit tooltip to categorize and give better descriptions so it's easier to pick out materials or food.
  • updated the script filtering to properly look in specified categories. eg gems could match both items 'large gems' or shapes 'gems'
  • adding a filter from the preference dock gives a better description of what the filter contains
  • creatures are added to multiple lists in the role preference section (eg. rats are trainable and hateable)
  • added burial and vehicle hauling to the default 'full labors' view
  • many optimizations, clean-up and code updates, especially for linux (Hello71)
  • compile optimizations and backwards compatibility for QT4 (myk002)

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: August 18, 2014, 06:15:08 pm »

yeah for scripting it's pretty useless, i should add something to search the nice names instead. if you don't need a script though, the filter box at the top should do what you want.

I want to be able to filter out any dwarves with nicknames, like the filter for available dwarves in the Guide tries to do. But it doesn't work because it expects nice_name() to be empty if the dwarf has no nickname. The goal being to only show dwarves that don't have important roles assigned to them. I might have several dwarves with brewing turned on to make sure I can crank out enough, but only one or two would be dedicated brewers, so they would get nicknames. The others are available if my only glassmaker gets killed by a weremoose and I need to find someone else to train. So having the brewing labor turned on isn't sufficient for me to know that a dwarf isn't available for assignment elsewhere. I was hoping to be able to check for the existence of a nickname.

I suppose I can turn on a useless skill, like alchemy or fish dissecting for dwarfs assigned a dedicated role, instead of going by nicknames.

Another option is to use the filter for all the indications except for nicknames, then group by "has nickname". But then I can't group by anything else.

Keith
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: August 18, 2014, 06:19:31 pm »

Nice update. 

It occurs to me that at this point you could probably drop the 'unofficial' bit from the top of this thread - this is now the definitive Dwarf Therapist. 
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: August 19, 2014, 12:50:01 am »

Here's an idea for a dock that could be very useful. For each dwarf I can currently hover over their square in the equipment column and see what items they are wearing that are worn, and what items they are missing. It would be nice to be able to get a summary list of worn and missing items, so I know what needs to be made/traded for. I think a dock would be the most appropriate way to do this.

It would be nice if it would list types of items, without listing too much detail. I'd prefer to see this:

2 xSocksx
3 xTrousersx
1 XTrousersX
1 xCapx

Rather than:

1 xSheep Wool Sockx
1 xLlama Wool Sockx
2 xSilk Trousersx
1 xSheep Wool Trousersx
1 XPig Tail Fiber TrousersX
1 xGiant Cave Spider Silk Capx

For me, I just want to know how many of what items I need, I don't care what materials the old ones are. But I supposed someone will want that, so maybe have a button to toggle showing materials?

The info is already in Dwarf Therapist, it's just a matter of putting it all together to make it more useful.

Thanks again for a great tool.

Keith

int_ua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: August 19, 2014, 09:03:48 am »

Thanks, splinterz, now package generated with checkinstall works for me.

amd64 deb > http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9441
If it works for you, please confirm.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:10:53 am by int_ua »

forumist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: August 19, 2014, 02:45:47 pm »

amd64 deb > http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9441
If it works for you, please confirm.

downloaded, unzipped, and then:
-----
sudo dpkg -i dwarf-therapist_2014-08-19-a447898-1_amd64.deb
-----

It seems to work for me in SolydX (debian-based distrib with XFCE desktop), except that I got some messages:
-----
/usr/bin/dwarftherapist: line 117: getcap: command not found
Could not open  "/usr/share/dwarftherapist/log/run.log"  for writing! "No such file or directory"
-----
Don't quote me on that.
Cacame channels aquifers into submission by staring at them. Cacame is so badass, kobolds give him their children to leave them alone. If Hidden Fun Stuff digs too far down, they hit Cacame. Cacame once took a Tantrum Spiral and impaled four enemies on it.

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: August 20, 2014, 02:56:42 am »

I have a problem building on Linux (Mint 17). Last time I successfully built was for the 40.05 release.

I was getting the missing `qml` problem and tried installing qml which didn't solve it. I then found that the list of packages to install had been updated, and needed to get qtdeclarative5-dev. This allowed me to run qmake.

Now I get this error when compiling main:

Code: [Select]
$ make
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIE -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_QML_LIB -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CONCURRENT_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -Iinc -Iinc/models -Iinc/grid_view -Iinc/docks -Iui -Ithirdparty/qtcolorpicker-2.6 -I/usr/include/qt5 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtQml -I/usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -I/usr/include/qt5/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt5/QtConcurrent -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore -Ibin/release -Ibin/release -o bin/release/main.o src/main.cpp
src/main.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
src/main.cpp:37:5: error: ‘setSetuidAllowed’ is not a member of ‘QCoreApplication’
     QCoreApplication::setSetuidAllowed(true);
     ^
make: *** [bin/release/main.o] Error 1

The first time I ran make I may have accidentally interrupted it (I was focused on the wrong terminal and hit Ctrl+D; I didn't see if make had finished yet). I tried cloning a fresh repository and I still get the error.

Edit: I think I found the problem: Qt 5.3 hasn't been updated by apt-get upgrade. Do I need to use the Online Intaller from the Qt website? Or do I need to add some kind of development version to my packages?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 03:32:47 am by KingKaol »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1420 on: August 20, 2014, 03:58:12 am »

I have a problem building on Linux (Mint 17). Last time I successfully built was for the 40.05 release.

I was getting the missing `qml` problem and tried installing qml which didn't solve it. I then found that the list of packages to install had been updated, and needed to get qtdeclarative5-dev. This allowed me to run qmake.

Now I get this error when compiling main:

Code: [Select]
$ make
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -fPIE -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_QML_LIB -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CONCURRENT_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -Iinc -Iinc/models -Iinc/grid_view -Iinc/docks -Iui -Ithirdparty/qtcolorpicker-2.6 -I/usr/include/qt5 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtQml -I/usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -I/usr/include/qt5/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt5/QtConcurrent -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore -Ibin/release -Ibin/release -o bin/release/main.o src/main.cpp
src/main.cpp: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
src/main.cpp:37:5: error: ‘setSetuidAllowed’ is not a member of ‘QCoreApplication’
     QCoreApplication::setSetuidAllowed(true);
     ^
make: *** [bin/release/main.o] Error 1

The first time I ran make I may have accidentally interrupted it (I was focused on the wrong terminal and hit Ctrl+D; I didn't see if make had finished yet). I tried cloning a fresh repository and I still get the error.

Edit: I think I found the problem: Qt 5.3 hasn't been updated by apt-get upgrade. Do I need to use the Online Intaller from the Qt website? Or do I need to add some kind of development version to my packages?
nope, nothing wrong on your end. that line of code shouldn't be there, it slipped in when the OSX offsets were merged, and i hadn't tested the merge yet. grab the most recent code or just delete that line.

King Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: August 20, 2014, 07:57:54 am »

I'm not able to set nicknames on DF40.09, on linux. Console outputs: process_vm_writev: Bad address.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1422 on: August 20, 2014, 07:59:15 am »

I'm not able to set nicknames on DF40.09, on linux. Console outputs: process_vm_writev: Bad address.
yeah it's broken

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: August 21, 2014, 05:00:38 pm »

Could you add an option to conceal vampires and such?

I recently had DT report that a certain person is 500 years old and his name does not match up with DF name, and it feels kinda cheaty to see it just like that.

Is it possible for DT to report the same age and name as is shown in DF, or are there technical difficulties in the way?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1424 on: August 21, 2014, 05:26:45 pm »

Could you add an option to conceal vampires and such?

I recently had DT report that a certain person is 500 years old and his name does not match up with DF name, and it feels kinda cheaty to see it just like that.

Is it possible for DT to report the same age and name as is shown in DF, or are there technical difficulties in the way?
it should be doing that already. what version of DT are you using, and have you turned off the option to highlight cursed units?
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 222