Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 992603 times)

maliphas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.4 !!Health View Poll!!
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2013, 06:57:49 pm »

so from my understanding there is no linux version of Dwarf Therapist with a working link?

Fungus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2013, 11:41:21 am »

Hey, thanks for all the work you're doing on Dwarf Therapist, and to all who have in the past! It really does make DF playable, that's not an overstatement.

Little bug, I'm using 20.4 packaged with the latest release of Masterwork DF, when deleting all text (once you've typed something in) from the "Profession Name" box in "Add New Custom Profession" Dwarf Therapist crashes. Apart from having to execute the program again I don't notice any untoward effects. Must be a funny little oversight in the code there.

Thanks a bunch! Also you may wish to change the link in the help tab, it links to the old thread. Also the bug report feature wants you to sign in to Google something-or-other; that might put people (like me) off. Some of us hate signing in/signing up to things. :p

burchalka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2013, 01:37:26 pm »

I can reproduce the crash that Fungus speaks about. Got latest DT branch from dffd.

maliphas

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2013, 01:42:42 am »

so I got it working but how to I change the labors so they are not sideways haha, neck is starting to hurt a little.

hehehillman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 29, 2013, 02:05:22 am »

Hi, Splinterz! I'm a newbie and there's a question.
My fortress population has grown to 50+,so I decide to choose some of my dwarves to be in a squad, using his suitable weapon.
I decide equip them with different weapon(Battle Axe,Mace,Spear,Shortsword,Crossbow) , due to the highest "role weight"(In  "Military-Alt." Tab: Axedwarf,macedwarf,speardwarf,sworddwarf,marksdwarf).
However,I find the therapist give a weight of item preference in these columns,which may influence the final result.
There isn't anything about that the preference for a given weapon may influence the effect of a soldier using it in the wiki ( http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Preference)
May I ask you why count this?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2013, 07:56:17 am »

so I got it working but how to I change the labors so they are not sideways haha, neck is starting to hurt a little.
you can change the orientation of the text from top to bottom or bottom to top, but that's all.

Hi, Splinterz! I'm a newbie and there's a question.
My fortress population has grown to 50+,so I decide to choose some of my dwarves to be in a squad, using his suitable weapon.
I decide equip them with different weapon(Battle Axe,Mace,Spear,Shortsword,Crossbow) , due to the highest "role weight"(In  "Military-Alt." Tab: Axedwarf,macedwarf,speardwarf,sworddwarf,marksdwarf).
However,I find the therapist give a weight of item preference in these columns,which may influence the final result.
There isn't anything about that the preference for a given weapon may influence the effect of a soldier using it in the wiki ( http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Preference)
May I ask you why count this?

purely for happy thoughts to offset the negative thoughts related to military (draft, patrols, constant training, etc). again though, if you read some of the previous posts, the military roles are admittedly lacking and it's advised to adjust them until i (or someone else) redoes the default set.

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2013, 12:37:52 pm »

I just started playing again after about a year, so this was my first exposure to all the new features you've added. Great work. The "Roles" tab is incredibly useful for deciding which of your starting dwarves should do what.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2013, 12:18:44 pm »

what about an option to import/export custom roles?  Everytime I wipe my pc, I have a loss of my custom roles (data corruption issues, don't ask).

nm, I see there is an option underneath the add/remove custom roles
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 12:22:27 pm by thistleknot »

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2013, 12:29:11 pm »

What do you use custom roles for, out of curiosity? The built in ones seem comprehensive.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2013, 01:13:38 pm »

i have my own generic melee/ranged dwarfs. also i may wish to adjust the trait weight for the medical dwarf.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 06:26:53 pm by thistleknot »

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2013, 08:01:55 pm »

here's another idea

say I want a labor to always be assigned to a dwarf via labor optimizer plan...

how do I go about it?  So far I'm using a custom profession mask...

I ask because at the beginning I want all my dwarf's to be a default hauler (which has my pre-prescribed list of labors assigned to them), but then later on I don't want them to be assigned to them.

so I don't know, maybe it's not important since it can be done with a two step process, but if it can be incorporated without too much effort, it would make sense to allow me to assign a "all dwarf's have this labor assigned" in the labor optimization plan, so I can have a pre-embark vs post-embark plan, but to be honest, a workaround already exists...

the specific subject in question is "hauling"

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2013, 06:09:22 pm »

should be
!d.noble_position()
not !d.noble_position()=="" or whatever it is in the help for scripting

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2013, 11:13:48 am »

should be
!d.noble_position()
not !d.noble_position()=="" or whatever it is in the help for scripting
noble_position returns a string, not a boolean

Goncyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 01, 2013, 06:03:10 pm »

Is there a way to use Therapist to set embark skills, preferably from the result of an optimization plan? That would be a killer feature. It also would be nice if we could sort the Labors tab by role ranking, to make it easier to go from "who is best for this labor" to enabling the labor.

human_dictionary

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 02, 2013, 05:00:09 am »

hi guys! im having a little trouble with dwarf therapist on linux, and ive been directed here from http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=123116.0 all my problems are in the replies there, so please say something if you can to help. thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 05:04:11 am by human_dictionary »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 222