Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 72

Author Topic: The Market - Turn 21  (Read 80162 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 18 (The Beginning of the Second Age)
« Reply #825 on: April 08, 2013, 11:27:54 pm »

If you gain 10 happiness when you are at maximum happiness, shouldn't you only gain 5 maximum happiness (because happiness gained at maximum increases the maximum, so you would get +max +hap 5 times)?

No. That's dumb.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 08, 2013, 11:31:18 pm »

If you gain 10 happiness when you are at maximum happiness, shouldn't you only gain 5 maximum happiness (because happiness gained at maximum increases the maximum, so you would get +max +hap 5 times)?
Nope, you're at 10/10 hap, gain 1 hap and you're now at 11/11. Gain ten and you're 20/20 (and raging because you will now lose 2 hap/turn, minus one for those who have one or more trinket)

Code: [Select]
Health: 10/10
Happiness: 21/21

Conditions: Basic Hunger 1, Basic Dissatisfaction 2, mortal (age 2)
Perks: Sharp Mind

Possessions:
-1 Plot of Empty Land (4/5)
-1 Plot of Empty Land (5/5)

Inventory:
-Trinket

Knowledge:
-Improved Farm Techniques

Food stock: 1

(5 to 11/11*) research primitive healthcare
(7 to 7/7*) research Basic Child Care

Now entering Kaiancare era... Just enough AP!
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 08, 2013, 11:33:26 pm »

Alright, so how exactly does this rule:
(Gaining happiness that would increase your total above maximum simply raises the maximum)
work then?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 08, 2013, 11:41:17 pm »

When your happiness goes up, that becomes your new max happiness. If you are at max happiness and you add 10 happiness, your new max happiness is now 10 points higher.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 08, 2013, 11:42:17 pm »

Alright, so how exactly does this rule:
(Gaining happiness that would increase your total above maximum simply raises the maximum)
work then?
Exactly like said. If you are at 10/10 and gain 1 happiness, you should be at 11/10, which goes against gaming instincts. But here, the problem is solved by raising the maximum instead of ignoring the gain, so you end up at 11/11.

The bad news of getting10 hap straight off is that we now lose 2 hap/turn instead of 1. The good news is that we can withstand bad omens twice without getting depressed.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 08, 2013, 11:46:43 pm »

Whee. I have 21 max happiness now.
Code: (Character Sheet) [Select]
Happiness: 21/21

Trait: Hard Worker (-1 time for resource and labour actions)

Conditions:
Basic Hunger: Consume 1 "food" each turn or reduce your maximum health by one due to starvation.
Basic Dissatisfaction: Lose 1 happiness each turn for every 10 points, rounded down, of maximum happiness.
Basic Recovery: Regain 1 lost hp, up to max, at the beginning of each round
Mortal - every 10 turns, reduce max health by 1 (2/10)

Inventory:
1 food
1 Primitive Trinket (+1 Happiness/Turn)

Holdings:
Plot of Empty Land #1(4/5, +1 food/turn)
Plot of Empty Land #2(5/5, +1 food/turn)
Small Wampoon Claim (49 Wampoon Capacity)

Debt:
Teach something to a1s

In progress:
Grow Food(5/6)

(1 to 6/6*) Grow Food on PoEL #1
(6*) Grow Food on PoEL #2
(3 to 3/5) Prospect

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: April 09, 2013, 12:19:27 am »

hey toaster can i work your delite field? i wanna get a few sets of tools into circulation so that we can get food and resources faster and due to the fact your claim is so fucking big it wont even detract from your total.. like ever..

Quote from: quote from information update
Most claims simply have a static amount of resources in them - the exceptions are empty plots, and Delite Claims. Delite has a recovery rate, meaning that, each turn, 10% of the current Delite amount in that claim is added to the total, up to the Claim's capacity. Any leftover delite has a chance of adding an additional Delite. For example, a Small Delite Claim with 12 Delite remaining on it would, at the beginning of each turn, recover 1 Delite guaranteed, and have a 20% chance of recovering another on top of that, bringing the total to 14 for that turn.

your plot has 80 capacity and therefore would recover 7 delites every turn with a 90% chance of recovering another... so yeah.. can i go completely nuts on your claim in exchange for a set of tools down the track?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 09, 2013, 12:38:33 am »

Glyph: Is it possible for us to know what Discovery/Turn cards are get-able? I see people debating or declaiming their woes based on what had happened to them and the thought of "maybe there's something I don't know" came up. This also went for when you did state I was a newbie and didn't know and all :P

That, and I tried to track the source of this game. QUite obvious that I didn't find it.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 09, 2013, 12:43:00 am »

No it is not possible to see the discovery cards. That wouldn't be very Discovery-ey would it?

I don't know what you mean by turn cards. Events? No, you can't see those either, unless you've drawn them. But you've seen all the ones in the deck at the moment.

There's a lot you don't know, welcome to the club.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 09, 2013, 03:11:43 am »

Code: (Character Sheet) [Select]
Player: Talvara
Happiness: 21/21 (7old +2soc+2soc+1trnkt +10event -1bd)
Mortal 2/10

Trait: Pretty Face (+1 happiness for others)

Conditions:
Basic Hunger, Basic Dissatisfaction, Basic Recovery,

Inventory:
0 food (+1gift(RAM) -1bh)
Trinket (Globe from Kashyyk) Gifted by GreatwyrmGold

Holdings:
1 Plot of Empty Land (3/5 Food Capacity) **Irrigated**

Knowledge:
irrigated fields
Improved Farming Techniques
In Progress:
(2/7) GrowFood

(5 to 7/7*) GrowFood
(5*)Prospect
(2 to 2/10)Research :Basic Child Care

GreatWyrm, Calamities not withstanding, I'll be giving you 1 food next round to help with the rearing of the child. (so its grown at the end of this turn, and I'll make the gift action in the next turn, so you'll have it at the start of the turn after that)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:12:49 am by Talvara »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 09, 2013, 03:43:13 am »

Code: [Select]
Player: sjm9876
Health: 8/8
Happiness: 23/23

Trait: Sharp mind. Research -25%

Conditions:
Basic Hunger, Basic Dissatisfaction, Basic Recovery, Mortality

Inventory:
0 Food

Holdings:
1 Plot of Empty Land (5/5 Food Capacity)
1 Irrigated land (5/5)
favour kaian-a-coel

Knowledge: Improved farming techniques
   Irrigation

In progress: farm food (2/7)

farm food (5 to 7/7*)
farm food (7 to 7*)

Yay. 'Good' times....... :(
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 09, 2013, 04:48:50 am »

hey toaster can i work your delite field? i wanna get a few sets of tools into circulation so that we can get food and resources faster and due to the fact your claim is so fucking big it wont even detract from your total.. like ever..

Quote from: quote from information update
Most claims simply have a static amount of resources in them - the exceptions are empty plots, and Delite Claims. Delite has a recovery rate, meaning that, each turn, 10% of the current Delite amount in that claim is added to the total, up to the Claim's capacity. Any leftover delite has a chance of adding an additional Delite. For example, a Small Delite Claim with 12 Delite remaining on it would, at the beginning of each turn, recover 1 Delite guaranteed, and have a 20% chance of recovering another on top of that, bringing the total to 14 for that turn.

your plot has 80 capacity and therefore would recover 7 delites every turn with a 90% chance of recovering another... so yeah.. can i go completely nuts on your claim in exchange for a set of tools down the track?
I'll take that action...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 09, 2013, 04:58:29 am »

Is anyone researching tools? I wanted to go that way, but the Great Catastrophe tackled that dream. Now I have discovered health techs, and will probably get the AFT techs after that. If no one begun the tools research until then, I'm volunteering.
Full Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 09, 2013, 05:18:17 am »

Is anyone researching tools? I wanted to go that way, but the Great Catastrophe tackled that dream. Now I have discovered health techs, and will probably get the AFT techs after that. If no one begun the tools research until then, I'm volunteering.
Well wampoon claims are pretty plentiful so if i can negotiate access to one i can probably supply a crafter with both a delite and a wampoon in 2 or 3 turns depending on how long my food supply will last, all they'd have to do is casually research it and then give me the prototype so i can mine more materials with which to build more tools.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 09, 2013, 05:26:30 am »

I'd be happy to research tools if provided with the resources.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 72