Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 72

Author Topic: The Market - Turn 21  (Read 80280 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 11 (Always accepting new players!)
« Reply #465 on: March 19, 2013, 03:17:41 pm »

Has anyone researched primitive tools yet or considered the benefits of Domestication?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 19, 2013, 03:20:49 pm »

I don't think anyone has the Delite for tools.  I'll be getting some as soon as I have the spare time for some exploration. 

As far as Domestication, 30 research time (plus construction time) is a lot for something with unknown benefits.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 19, 2013, 03:25:30 pm »

I actually think that you can teach and learn over several turns, which both make sense and is very much appreciated for the 5+ time "teach" action.
When both companion planting and grafting are researched would you be willing to teach me both for 1 food to cover that turn, and an IOU for 2 or 3 food in future?
I would have only one of them, the other I will be learning from GWG. So 1 food now and 1 or 2 in the future is good.

I will probably concentrate on "mineral" techs after learning AFG 1 and 2 (toolmaking, extraction and whatnot), while GWG could specialize in farming techs.
I'll post when I'm ready to start learning then.

Has anyone researched primitive tools yet or considered the benefits of Domestication?
I've considered domestication, but feeding myself currently takes priority.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 19, 2013, 03:51:51 pm »

We'll consider domestication when there will be animals to domesticate... At least I will. Because we currently have no idea of the cost/benefits ratio of this tech.
I am going toward Toolmaking once I can feed myself properly.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 19, 2013, 04:30:59 pm »

I've edited my action.

And I intend to research Domestication when there's nothing better to research... possibly after Crop Rotation.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 19, 2013, 05:00:58 pm »

I will be interested in Companion Planting classes, if anyone can give me food I'll get Grafting next turn. Then we'll have both and begin classes.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 19, 2013, 07:22:16 pm »

RAM: I'd rather keep the Tomatunk claim (I only gain one thing per prospect). Anything else I could offer?
I am trying to build up a bit of a Tomatunk monopoly, so that is sort of the whole point of the trade. But I also don't want to see you starve due to a rough card, so I will just give you the food. I actually planned to give you the food anyway, but didn't want to just drop an unconditional give food action in case you didn't see it. I figured it I opted for a conditional trade then it wouldn't take effect unless you accepted. And then I saw your tomatunk, and I have been sort of interested in tomatunk and all its mysteriousness, and that you seemed to only have the one plot and that it was looking rather low, and that it was the perfect chance to grab a comparatively rare tomatunk claim in exchange for an empty plot and a food that I was going to lose anyway. But since you have replied I can expect you to see the giving of food and I will leave the tomatunk for empty plot trade up because I do not think it is an entirely bad deal. Totally uneven maybe, but, well, capitalism HO!
I was going to go for domestication as soon as I had a comfortable food stockpile.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 07:36:06 pm by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 19, 2013, 07:32:30 pm »

Code: (Character Sheet) [Select]
Player: Talvara
Health: 10/10
Happiness: 10/12

Trait: Pretty Face (+1 happiness for others)

Conditions:
Basic Hunger, Basic Dissatisfaction, Basic Recovery

Inventory:
0 food

Holdings:
1 Plot of Empty Land (3/5 Food Capacity)

Knowledge:
irrigated fields
In Progress:
Irrigate field (plot of empty land) (12/15)

(2) Irrigate field
(8*) Grow Food

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 19, 2013, 07:34:17 pm »

I am trying to build up a bit of a Tomatunk monopoly, so that is sort of the whole point of the trade. But I also don't want to see you starve due to a rough card, so I will just give you the food.
Much appreciated. If I ever find any more Tomatunk, You'll get first dibs.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 21, 2013, 07:51:16 pm »

Mwahahaha. Best turn, coming up.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 21, 2013, 08:00:32 pm »

Fuck... that sounds ominous...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 21, 2013, 08:04:46 pm »

Today, we gather to mourne the passing of our beloved strawman, Chuck. Good Luck, Chuck, in the Strawman Afterlike. Now, let's eat!
ROUND 11 HAS ENDED

Your event cards for the day are...
Bad Omens and Times of Hardship. All players lose 5 happiness or 25% of max happiness (whichever is higher) and lose two action points unless they are depressed.
Bounty! All Grow Food actions on the previous turn produce an extra two units of food!

Nothing else of interest has happened...

ROUND 12 BEGINS

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 21, 2013, 08:10:04 pm »

So does that mean that if a player is made depressed due to the event that they lose 2 action points or not?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 21, 2013, 08:12:07 pm »

rescinded
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 08:23:00 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 6 (Always accepting new players!)
« Reply #479 on: March 21, 2013, 08:15:06 pm »

Code: [Select]
"Person".
Health: 10/10 (no change)
Happiness: 3/10 (-1 BD -5 events )
Basic Hunger,Basic Dissatisfaction, Basic Recovery, Depressed.
Nimble Fingers: Any "create" action costs 1 less to perform.
Owns:
1 Plot of Empty Land (3 food capacity, +1 food per turn. May be exploited once per round.)
2 food (+1 GF -1 BH +2 bounty)
no primitive trinkets (-1 given to Kashyyk)
a promissory note from Sorcerer Kail for 2 Wampoon
a promissory note from Toaster promising 2 delite on (or before) turn 20, or 4 delite if after turn 20 (his choice).
a promissory note from Kaskyyk for 1 food on or before turn 12, and 1 food on or before turn 16.
Knows:
Nothing. 'bout anything.

In Progress:
Create Primitive Trinket (1 / 9)

Socialize (2)
Socialize (2)
Create Primitive Trinket (1 to 2 of 9)
Give 1 food to RulerOfNothing.

can you socialize more than 1 time per turn? If so, do other people also need to socialize 2 times?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:24:29 pm by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 72