Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 72

Author Topic: The Market - Turn 21  (Read 80312 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 8 (Always accepting new players!)
« Reply #375 on: March 12, 2013, 11:22:11 pm »

Ah crap i fucked up my turn plan

I was meant to grow food but i forgot to account for my bonuses and put it down as plot 1, 8 time then when i went back and read it the other day i got confused and thought i meant irrigate field  :-\

And that my friends is why you dont edit your turns after a 3 hour drive

So yeah i should be on 9 hp and 7 happiness
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 12, 2013, 11:27:31 pm »

Well, I think UP was punished enough for his own actions, there... +2 ap to a1 for good sleuth work.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 12, 2013, 11:28:59 pm »

Pariah/GWG:  There was absolutely no way I could have given an extra food last turn.  It's completely impossible to have a spare food on your second turn without a bounty.  If you were expecting me to, I cite math.  I can give up the spare I got this turn to GWG, though perhaps he should take a break from researching full speed to let Pariah and I get irrigation up to double our food output, greatly securing the food supply of all three of us.

tattle on Toaster: he should have 2 food, not 1 (even if he intended to give it to GWG, which he didn't specify, we have established that he couldn't have).
And with this, my audit is complete and I'm going to bed.

Hm?  I farmed once, which got doubled to two, then ate one.  Net result is one, which is what's on the sheet.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 12, 2013, 11:35:47 pm »

There's nothing that doubles food production...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Market
« Reply #379 on: March 13, 2013, 12:03:08 am »

Code: (Character Sheet) [Select]
Player: RAM
Health: 10/10
Happiness: 11/11

Trait: [b]Keen Eye[/b]: You are a much better explorer than others. You get to draw two exploration cards instead of one when exploring.

Conditions:Basic Hunger, Basic Dissatisfaction, Basic Recovery.

Inventory:
0 Food
Primitive Trinket

Holdings:
4 Plops of Empty Land (5/5 food capacity, +1 food per turn)
Plot of Empty Land (5/5 food capacity, +1 food per turn. May be exploited once per round.)
Plot of Empty Land (5/5 food capacity, +1 food per turn. May be exploited once per round.)
Grebin Claim (20 Grebin Capacity)
Medium Tomatunk Claim (250 Tomatunk Capacity)

Knowledge:
Improved Farming Techniques

In Progress:Tattle=2

(12 to 5/7*)Grow food
tattle: G.M. does not have a link to the Round 9 in the first post.

P.S.
Sorry about missing the *nothing else* comment, I swear I read that thing a half a dozen times to be sure.

P.P.S.
Can I spread my farming over sever plots, so that if, say, there was a bounty event, then I could take one each from 3 plots instead of 3 from one plot? Stupid questions are stupid...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 12:10:45 am by RAM »
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 13, 2013, 12:43:51 am »

Soooo... Apparently I missed a trade agreement between GWG and other people, and an Irrigation teaching party. What the hell, am I blind?
Apparently I am, crap.  :(

Code: [Select]
Health: 8/10
Happiness: 11/11

Conditions: Basic Hunger, Basic Dissatisfaction.
Perks: Sharp Mind

Possessions:
-1 Plot of Empty Land (3/5)

Inventory:
-Primitive trinket

Knowledge:
Improved Farming Techniques.

Food stock: 2
1 to 3/3* finish researching Delite harvesting.
7 to 7/22 Begin researching Grafting (E.T.A end of turn 11)

So I'll get Grafting, GWG, maybe you can go for crop rotation or something? Unless you have a better plan and in which case I'll change my turn.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Sorcerer Kail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 13, 2013, 02:11:47 am »

Player: Sorcerer Kail
Happiness: 8/10 (Gaining happiness that would increase your total above maximum simply raises the maximum)
Basic Hunger, Basic Dissatisfaction, Basic Recovery.

Traits:
Keen Eye: You are a much better explorer than others. You get to draw two exploration cards instead of one when exploring.
Pox Immunity

Inventory:
1 Coin
2 Food
Trinket(a1s)
Debt to: a1s - 2 wampoon.

Owns:
1 Plot of Empty Land (1/5 food capacity, +1 food per turn)
Small Tomatunk Claim (100 Tomatunk Capacity
Small Wampoon Claim (50 Wampoon Capacity)
Medium Wampoon Claim (150 Wampoon Capacity)

Knowledge:

Diseases:

Actions:
(5*)Research Wampoon Extraction
(5*)Prospect

I'd like to get some knowledge on farming, so I'll have more time on exploration, or if somebody could irrigate my fields soon?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 13, 2013, 02:23:57 am »

Player: sjm9876
Happiness: 8/10

Trait: Sharp mind. Research -25%

Conditions:
Basic Hunger, Basic Dissatisfaction, Basic Recovery

Inventory:
3 Food

Holdings:
1 Plot of Empty Land (2/5 Food Capacity)

Knowledge: improved farming techniques

Research: Irrigation (8/15)

Research irrigation (7 to 15*)
Prospect (3 to 3)

My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 13, 2013, 05:25:26 am »

Exchanging items with other players can be done instantly. So yes, the trinket would give you happiness. Finishing tasks however, takes place between rounds. (So if you were being given an item being finished that turn, it wouldn't)
So it seems the trinket I promised can only be delivered on turn 10, Talvara, but I need the food this turn. Do we still have a deal?

so it seems you are correct about things not working out with my timeline. (I wouldnt have the food to feed myself on turn 10)

I believe it would be in my best interest to hold off trading food untill I have that irrigated field up and running.

I was considering starving once for you since you're planning around being fed, but having reread the penalty for starvation I just cant do that.
lets hold off on the deal for now.

the best I could offer is 1 food during turn 12, and 1 food during turn 13. (which is not an attractive trade)

You're free to trade that trinket with others, also I apologise for the trouble, and I also thank you for pointing out the flaw in my time-line.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:28:36 am by Talvara »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 13, 2013, 12:59:40 pm »

Kashyyk pushes the frontier. He has contracted a terrible disease! Kashyyk has been afflicted with Dysentery!
Quote from: New Information
Dysentery - This explorer gains the disease "Dysentery". A Dysentery card is added to the Event deck. This character loses two from their happiness at the beginning of each round and has their hunger increases by one. This character 3 action points each turn. There is a 75% chance of recovering from Dysentery each round. Any character that trades with or interacts with this character via an action has a 25% chance to contract Dysentery.
Wat.

Code: (Character Sheet) [Select]
Happiness: 8/10
Trait: Hard Worker
Conditions:
Basic Hunger (+1 Dysentry)
Basic Dissatisfaction (+1 Dysentry)
Basic Recovery
Dysentry

Inventory:
2 food

Holdings:
1 Plot of Empty Land (3/5, +1 food per turn)
1 Large Tomatunk Claim (450 Capacity)

Knowledge:
Improved Farming Techniques
Tomatunk Extraction

(7*) relax x7

Anyway willing to nurse me, I'd appreciate it. In return you'll get IOUs, bartering advantages and nursing in return if you get ill from me.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:09:18 am by Kashyyk »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 13, 2013, 02:58:57 pm »

*loses 3 action points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 13, 2013, 04:30:43 pm »

Pariah/GWG:  There was absolutely no way I could have given an extra food last turn.  It's completely impossible to have a spare food on your second turn without a bounty.  If you were expecting me to, I cite math.  I can give up the spare I got this turn to GWG, though perhaps he should take a break from researching full speed to let Pariah and I get irrigation up to double our food output, greatly securing the food supply of all three of us.
...Ah carp.

Tattle on GM for not letting me know no one gave food. It would make sense to let me know my action failed...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 13, 2013, 05:51:10 pm »

*loses 3 action points.
That makes things a little easier. Edited.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 13, 2013, 08:30:05 pm »

*reads Bounty again*

You know, I could have sworn that only gave one extra unit of food.  Even better!

GWG, want that food I owe you this turn?  It'll give you an emergency surplus.

GG:  Does the extra bounty food come out of our plot potential?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:32:43 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Market
« Reply #389 on: March 13, 2013, 08:54:34 pm »

An explanation of Capacity:
Plots and Claims have a "capacity" value. These come with an amount of their associated resource equal to the capacity. Whenever you exploit a resource source, that capacity is reduced for that plot by the specified amount, and the resource is added to your inventory.

As such, all of your Plots have 3/5 food capacity at the moment - Farming last turn reduced it to 2/5, and the recovered 1 at the beginning of this turn. This means that upgrades like irrigation will eventually require you to let some fields go fallow and work others instead while it recovers.

Also, you can let/have others work your resources and use your stuff! Good to know for the future.
To put this in context, this is from the first turn, there was a bounty and all farms had been on 5/5 the previous turn. So yes, bounty is effectively the same as performing enough grow food actions to gain an additional 2 food, and will lower your capacity accordingly.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 72