Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 72

Author Topic: The Market - Turn 21  (Read 80205 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Market - Turn 6 (Always accepting new players!)
« Reply #270 on: March 08, 2013, 11:01:06 am »

(2 to 10/10*) Create Primitive Trinket
(1 to 1/10) Create Primitive Trinket

Give completed Trinket to Unholy_Pariah

so apparently the format is (work_done_this_turn to total_work_done/total_work_needed) not  (work_at_start to work_at_end/total_work_needed). You should fix that before someone snitches you out.

I see that now.  Fixed and thanks.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 08, 2013, 12:34:06 pm »

Tattle on Gm. Prospect action missed.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 08, 2013, 04:03:10 pm »

Now that Irrigation is on the loose, we may want to clarify the whole empty lands food capacity thing. As far as I know, they are all 5/5 (unless Bounty card eat 2 of them, but I doubt it.).
You eat one of these 5 points each turn (or almost), but at the same time one of them grow back (hence the "+1 food per turn").
So until now it was of no consequence. But Now, with irrigation, you can only have 5 turns of double income before the claim is too depleted, and then you reverse to 1 food per Grow Food action.
At this point, if you have more than one claim, you can alternate and always get 2 food per turn. Or you research Crop Rotation (or whatever it is called) which make the lands regain 2 food capacity per turn.

If I was a d*ck, I'd call Tattle on everyone having their food capacity wrong, but I'm not, so it is just a general observation.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 08, 2013, 04:15:28 pm »

You have to pay for bounty from your capacity. So its -3 takes 5/5 down to 2/5 and then the field gets +1 as normal to reach 3/5. If the next turn you also grow food then it will have a -1 and a +1 combined to keep it at 3/5, otherwise it will grow to 4/5...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Market
« Reply #274 on: March 08, 2013, 04:48:21 pm »

As such, all of your Plots have 3/5 food capacity at the moment - Farming last turn reduced it to 2/5, and the recovered 1 at the beginning of this turn. This means that upgrades like irrigation will eventually require you to let some fields go fallow and work others instead while it recovers.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're wrong on capacity kaian-a-coel.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 08, 2013, 05:05:17 pm »

Wouldn't that be 2`/3?
It sure would be if I correctly remembered how my perk worked!

Code: [Select]
Health: 10/10
Happiness: 10/10
Basic Hunger and Dissatisfaction
Sharp Mind
1 Food
Primitive Trinket (Puzzle Dragon Amulet)
Primitive Trinket (from Kashyyk)
2 plots (empty land)
-One has 5 food I think
-The other should have 1 or 2 food
-Sorry for not keeping track
Improved Farming Techniques

Irrigated Fields (8/16)

(8*) Research Irrigation
(2 to 22) Research Companion Planting
(0*) Thank Unholy_Pariah for the food.

Tattle on own memory for telling me the wrong effect of my perk. Suggest a penalty for untrue Tattles which does not apply to blatantly facetious tattles like the aforementioned tattling on one's own memory.
Ask how we can research Improved Farming Techniques 2.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: March 08, 2013, 06:08:12 pm »

I'll get Grafting after Delite harvesting (will be quick), and we'll trade. I recon I'll have it by turn 15 (roughly), unless things happen.

I'd like to have irrigated fields, and will gladly trade Grafting for it (when I got it)

About the food capacity... Yeah, I was wrong on the Bounty. But my claim is still 5/5 because I didn't have to work it for 2 turns anyway.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 08, 2013, 06:47:29 pm »

Given that we lost one food from pests, and that we need to eat one food per turn, and that we started with 0, everyone should have either multiple plots, have starved at least once, have joined postpests, or have their plot at most at 4/5...

P.S.
 In the long run it seems that it should be possible to get a great many plots of land, I am not convinced that increasing the rate of recovery will ever be necessary, and doubling it is likely somewhat extreme, unless of course we get our food consumption multiplied...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:49:03 pm by RAM »
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 08, 2013, 06:49:02 pm »

Actually, didn't we have some people sending food to other people? Also, in response to your postscript RAM, it seems that crop rotation actually increases the rate of recovery by 2 to 3 per turn, which is even more extreme than doubling it. Although with irrigated fields and both advanced farming techniques you would be harvesting 3 food per grow food action, and crossbreeding would probably allow for this to be increased further.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:53:57 pm by RulerOfNothing »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 08, 2013, 07:19:49 pm »

Oh, yes, I suppose, and the recent bounty will have farms below 4/5 and food above 0, and for that matter folk could have farmed more than once per round and drained their farms that way. But the point is that due to pests, we should all be down a food relative to the one food regenerated per turn rate of a single plot of land.
 Well, yes, one could be generating several food per turn, but one could equally have several plots of land, given that plots don't go anywhere, this would just be a matter of time. Although, it may be that getting a plot kitted out with your favourite upgrades would be time-consuming and reducing the number that you need to upgrade would be beneficial...
Read the First Post!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 08, 2013, 07:24:57 pm »

Not me, because I spent a turn starving!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 08, 2013, 08:51:12 pm »

There were also two bounties which put a lot of extra food in rotation.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 08, 2013, 11:03:48 pm »

Tattle on Gm. Prospect action missed.

Sorry for both missing this, and taking so long to fix in. In exchange, I drew two cards and chose the better one for you.

Trust me, the one I chose was far, far better than the alternative.
Also, I know I was so, so close, but there is no way I'm gonna manage to push an update out tonight. Sorry everyone!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 11:18:34 pm by GlyphGryph »

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 09, 2013, 03:43:47 am »

...Nothing. I really don't want to know the alternative.
Code: [Select]
Player: sjm9876
Health: 10/10
Happiness: 10/10

Trait: Sharp mind. Research -25%

Conditions:
Basic Hunger, Basic Dissatisfaction

Inventory:
1 Food

Holdings:
1 Plot of Empty Land (4/5 Food Capacity)

Knowledge: improved farming techniques

Research: Irrigation (2/15)

Farm food (7*)
Research irrigation (3 to 5)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 09, 2013, 04:18:04 am »

...Nothing. I really don't want to know the alternative.
My bet is on Yersinia pestis or something like that.
Full Sig
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 72