4x4 Standard
- 1 (16.7%)
Long and skinny, cut in half by river
- 2 (33.3%)
Long and skinny, following river.
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Farmpracticed, A Farming Village Succession Fort (Murderfarmed III)  (Read 10540 times)

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Farmpracticed, A Farming Village Succession Fort (Murderfarmed III)
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 08:18:49 am »

Iron is supposed to be scarce.

Tetrahedrite! Copper armor and silver hammers.

I'd like to be dwarfed, unless I show back up. If I do, then I'd like to be known as the Cursed.

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 10:14:32 am »

If we're going to build a humanly town, we should act more as they do. This village should be built around a noble's estate, and the peasants are supposed to attend the noble's demands...

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 11:48:57 am »

Voting time, what should the embark look like?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 03:10:10 pm »

Poll Closed, long and skinny following a river. There's still  room for one more person to be in the original 7 and for anyone already on the list to change their name or profession. We embark in thirty minutes.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 04:46:08 pm »

Granite the First

Spoiler: The Map (click to show/hide)
We've arrived. There is no snow on the ground but the river's still frozen. There's a wicked, bitter, wind in the air. The thaw will be welcome.

So, a few axes and picks, a buckler, some diorite, a few rations of meat, some cloth, leather, and thread, some rope, rat weed hide root and rope reed seeds, and enough swamp whiskey to keep us alive. Two dogs, two cats, two sheep  and two pigs, two roosters, and two turkeys. Our expedition party consists of Wilsonns the woodcutter, Peregarret the miner and short order weaver, Fishybang the Fishy Warrior, Hostergaard the Monk, Randy the Physician, Me our founder, and some woman I found at the last minute so people wouldn't assume we were just six men going into the forest to do lewd things to each other. I repeat for all posterity that this is absolutely not an expedition carried out as a pretext for preforming lewd acts on one another.
So, first order of business.
Spoiler: The Tome (click to show/hide)

Build a tavern, thank god there are blueprints here there's not an architect among us.  I've set the woodcutters to work and the miner to digging out a basement below where the tavern will stand.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2013, 05:12:36 pm »

Granite 7
A flock of ravens in the distance. A bad omen. I was quick to spin it on it's head though, a flock of ravens is a murder therefore these animals are greeting us to the new murderfarmed. Of course the last two settlements called murderfarmed collapsed within five years, Farmpracticed I call this place. We've learned from our mistakes. The Basement's dug and so is the well that it houses.

Fishybang has started fighing in a small pond that's thawed. He's brought in a few turtles, we can use the shells and meat.

Granite 14
 We've got the shell of the tavern build, just need to put a roof over her. The woodcutting effort has been bolstered, I assigned hostergaard to chop trees until we need him to preform his monkly duties. I'll assign someone to watch over a carpenters workshop so we can start producing furniture. It'll also be necessary to finish the well.

Granite Close

The river suddenly unfroze today, it was alarming but exciting. We've been here for a month and everything's going according to plan. Except for how cold it is and how we don't have any beds. I should probably work on that.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 08:53:43 am »

Writing a paper, will have a post up today.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 09:02:13 am »

Wood? Who builds of wood? We need clay bricks!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 03:10:44 pm »

Do we have sand?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 08:13:24 pm »

Slate 7

Started work on my own home, still haven't finished the tavern but if I can oversee a carpenters workshop we can get some furniture built to furniture it as soon as we finish building.  I've pulled Fishybang off of his fishing. We need more hands to build everything.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2013, 08:16:29 pm »

Do we have sand?
Good news, we have sand. Bad News, it's an aquifer layer.

That would require woodcutting, clay collecting, wood burning, and brick making. While all of that's going on we would be completely exposed and sleeping in the dirt.

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2013, 09:19:15 pm »

That would require woodcutting, clay collecting, wood burning, and brick making. While all of that's going on we would be completely exposed and sleeping in the dirt.

I endorse this decision.  When we get a pottery industry up and running, that'll be great- but let's be sure to address the basic needs before we try anything fancy.

Also, English note:  I believe that the verb you were looking for in the slate 7 entry is "furnish."

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2013, 09:39:40 pm »

Ah. I ask because I've had a far more positive experience with glass industry than I have with clay, and you don't have to glaze glass pots.

Aquifer is great news. It means no more losses to thirst. I hope. :D

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 04:03:52 pm »

Felsite 7

There's been a persistent bitter rain for the last two weeks. The roof of the tavern is finally finished and not a moment too soon. My muscles are sore from working and my bones ache from the chill. Half-Frozen muck slides beneath our feet. There's a hopeless pall cast over everyone. I pulled construction of the tavern to finish my own home. It's selfish but I can't live like this anymore. 

Sorry it's been so slow, I've been writing non-stop papers.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 04:29:58 pm »

Felsite Close

Work is plentiful but labor is scarce. We toil without cease but we gain so little ground. This period is referenced in the journals of both Broseph and Helmet. Helmet even saw fit to add one of his scrawlings. 

They seem to be of the opinion that this is a fleeting experience and we will be reinvigorated soon.

There are damned coyotes to the west. I've consulted the bestiary Helmet made.

He's of the opinion that they are not dangerous. We have more food than storage, there's no need to begin hunting. As spring fades it's getting warmer. I consider this a good omen.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7