Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program - Bay12 Reality Edition  (Read 14443 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Kerbal Space Program - Bay12 Reality Edition
« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2013, 09:50:43 pm »

R&D Update!

Several new advances have been made in Kerbal Space Engineering!

First, I wish to dispel rumors that the Z-500 Rechargable Battery Bank is 5 Z-100 battery packs wired together and shoved into a stately round 1M housing! This is clearly not the case, and such rumors are damaging to Ned and Ted, the two guys we found rooting through the trash last night, who came up with the idea for this amazing new module! It holds a maximum charge of 500 generic electricial units, which is 5 times that of the old Z-100!

Next we have the LT-1 Landing Strut, for when you need to land something on something else. It deploys and supports your craft with an impact tolerance of 12 MegaKerbals(MK)! These will be hella useful when landing stuff on other stuff, like a probe on the mun!

To go along with this, we also have the LT-5 Micro Landing Strut, for landing tiny things on other things! Amazing!

To make your satellite and probe deployment easier, we've come up with the LV-1 Liquid Fuel Engine! Its really just a teeny pressurized nozzle with an open flame salvaged off an old gas stove Ted had, but it will make your tiny probes go zoom, and it mates perfectly with the Oscar-B Fuel Tank, which is really just an old coffee tin that Ned found in the dumpster. It holds fuel! Its tiny! 'Nuff said.

Jeb took some of the PA7 Linear RCS ports and smalled em down to pack into a compact little RCS block. We call it the RV-105 RCS Thruster Block! It thrusts!

Jeb also provided specifications for the TVR-200 Stack Bi-Coupler, for stacking one thing on two things. Now you can have twice the things!

Finally, because some of the pilots felt that the ASAS was too good, we have made available a model with a handy 'off' switch. You can toggle it off and on as you like.

We've added a new objective. Some of the boys in the military want us to put up a big old GPS system! Get it done guys! Phase 1 has been funded and we're a go. Failure is an option, but try hard!

Miau, you're up! Get them stars!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 07, 2013, 12:19:31 pm »

Alright, I'm going to do the next unmanned mission.

By the way, does the probe have to stay powered during the Helios missions?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:52:50 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 07, 2013, 04:12:41 pm »

wow getting to turn #2 is taking a lot  :P

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2013, 04:24:59 pm »

Alright, I'm going to do the next unmanned mission.

By the way, does the probe have to stay powered during the Helios missions?
It must stay powered through the duration of the mission, yes. Its a good idea to have it powered anyway as when it becomes unpowered you can't control it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2013, 05:49:27 pm »

I wish there was a way of depowering probes, then repowering them when yup wanted to.

You could send a probe to Duna, set off, get the course set, deactivate, wait until you arrive, reactivate, take some 'readings', then do a return trajectory, deactivate, reactivate once you arrive, deorbit, and bob's your uncle!
Couldn't you do this by disabling electrical flow from the battery/solar panel and transferring the charge out of the probe?

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2013, 06:32:55 pm »

I think lack of power prevents you from changing the resource flow settings.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #141 on: March 07, 2013, 06:39:32 pm »

Good point... why do you want to turn the probe core off anyway?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2013, 10:46:15 am »

To save power? Altough that shouldn't be a problem when you're orbiting the sun.

E: Oh, and I've developed my rocket, but what turn should I use? The latest one linked in the OP?

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2013, 03:22:09 pm »

To save power? Altough that shouldn't be a problem when you're orbiting the sun.

E: Oh, and I've developed my rocket, but what turn should I use? The latest one linked in the OP?
Isn't the one in the OP the latest one? o.o

You should always use the last one someone posted.

In this case: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9910241/KSP_B12R_Turn10.5.zip

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2013, 04:37:19 am »

Alright. I'll launch my rocket now. Turn won't take very long anymore.

E: Story, Save.

E2: Give me a few minutes to properly crop all the images.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 05:46:00 am by miauw62 »

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 09, 2013, 11:28:18 am »

Finally my turn! yea!

Will be cracking open the Muna fly-by mission.

Are we doing "only rockets that look like rockets" or are we doing KSP rockets?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #146 on: March 09, 2013, 11:34:13 am »

Finally my turn! yea!

Will be cracking open the Muna fly-by mission.

Are we doing "only rockets that look like rockets" or are we doing KSP rockets?
I don't understand the distinction, but whatever you can do to accomplish the objective using only the parts available is fine

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2013, 12:01:24 pm »

I think he means rockets that actually look like rockets. Your average KSP rocket would probably be torn in half by the drag pretty quickly.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2013, 01:18:46 pm »

By KSP rockets i mean this:
http://imgur.com/a/2YKCn

Turn done, and I actually used a rocket that looks like a rocket!

The rocket I built turned out to be way too powerful for the mission, so it ended up bringing the orbit stage back to kerbal, but that meant I could do a spot on parking job, and landed very close KSC.

I was very tempted to lad the probe on the moon and return, since I had enough fuel, but decided to follow mission parameters.

How the hell do you make a link?
Save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hushuyulos7qdbe/Bay12.rar

Story: comming.. Imgur decided to put all 39 photos in random order... so it's gonna take some time.
Also, it did not include the first images, so this will be a 2-parter:
part 1:
http://imgur.com/a/qeWjg

EDIT 543: This is fucking bullshit! I just finished writing the descriptions to all fucking 39 pictures, and i press save 5 times to be sure... but nope, doesn't save!
Does anybody know of a better image host? at this point i will settle for anything that uploads ALL the pictures and actually saves when you do stuff.
Anyways, here is the album without text, "enjoy"
Part 2:
http://imgur.com/a/u0hsV
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 01:51:56 pm by ank »

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2013, 02:47:15 pm »

Type up stuff like that in Notepad and paste into the site whenever you're writing lots of stuff. That way if it doesn't save you don't lose everything.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 02:49:05 pm by Leonon »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11