Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program - Bay12 Reality Edition  (Read 14444 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Kerbal Space Program - Bay12 Reality Edition
« Reply #120 on: February 28, 2013, 08:40:37 pm »

It's been a bit more than 48 hours since the last turn, so I might jump in if noone objects in the next 6 or so hours.
I don't mind. I won't have time to do a proper R&D update and such until tomorrow but you can certainly do a turn trying one of the objectives already up or even redo something already done, or whatever else you like.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 28, 2013, 08:47:46 pm »

Been a while since I played.  But I updated my graphics card, so I ought to be better playing!  Unfortunately my flying abilities are primarily restricted to MecJeb use or hashing out vague flying in circles (but that's the point of Orbit, isn't it?).  Time to piddle about with the new changes and try to get accustomed to how this works, and then throw things into space For The Glory Of Bay 12.
Mechjeb hasn't been introduced yet but I'll add you in.
Yeah, been fiddling around.  I'm kinda shitty without mechjeb, and the Protractor is vital for practically any inter-planetary mission, simply because that's one thing that you really just can't 'eyeball it' and get close enough.

On the other hand, I've been experimenting on designs and fuel efficiency, and will be attempting to build a battleship.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2013, 08:49:50 pm »

Been a while since I played.  But I updated my graphics card, so I ought to be better playing!  Unfortunately my flying abilities are primarily restricted to MecJeb use or hashing out vague flying in circles (but that's the point of Orbit, isn't it?).  Time to piddle about with the new changes and try to get accustomed to how this works, and then throw things into space For The Glory Of Bay 12.
Mechjeb hasn't been introduced yet but I'll add you in.
Yeah, been fiddling around.  I'm kinda shitty without mechjeb, and the Protractor is vital for practically any inter-planetary mission, simply because that's one thing that you really just can't 'eyeball it' and get close enough.

On the other hand, I've been experimenting on designs and fuel efficiency, and will be attempting to build a battleship.
Building a battleship with 1 meter parts will be interesting.

I've found that using the maneuver nodes you can eyeball interplanetary transfers fairly well. I've gone to the mun, minmus, and even duna that way.

We'll be getting mechjeb soonish though.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 28, 2013, 09:01:58 pm »

It'll be mainly 1m parts, actually.  I have 2 ideas, debated making them as challenges.

There's an alien base located on whatever planet.  You need to destroy it!
1: Construct a single vehicle that can be launched from KSP and fly on a collision course - essentially an interplanetary warhead.
2: Construct a ship with multiple warheads, which can be fired at separate targets, potentially on different planets.

Not related to this thread's ongoing campaign, but challenging at least.  Potentially alter it, and make it a mission to drop multiple probes on different planets?

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 28, 2013, 09:43:57 pm »

Ninja turn completed, will be up in a second.

EDIT: Save, Story.
(I'm not sure whether I actually did the Helios milestones. It can do all of those orbits and have enough fuel to return, but it didn't. Does that count? :D)
So should I use this save or the turn 8 save (the most recent one in the OP)? Also, with respect to free-return trajectories, is it still free-return if I perform mid-course corrections en route to the Mun?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 05:28:23 am by RulerOfNothing »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2013, 10:10:19 am »

But what about me, Drakele and the others?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2013, 11:19:28 am »

It'll be mainly 1m parts, actually.  I have 2 ideas, debated making them as challenges.

1: Construct a single vehicle that can be launched from KSP and fly on a collision course - essentially an interplanetary warhead.
2: Construct a ship with multiple warheads, which can be fired at separate targets, potentially on different planets.

Not related to this thread's ongoing campaign, but challenging at least.  Potentially alter it, and make it a mission to drop multiple probes on different planets?
By multiple warheads, do you mean one rocket which splits into several warheads on a collision course or an orbiting station with detachable warheads?

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2013, 01:16:23 pm »

Yeah not sure if I was skipped or it's my turn, probably gonna be able to play tomorrow.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2013, 01:25:56 pm »

By multiple warheads, do you mean one rocket which splits into several warheads on a collision course or an orbiting station with detachable warheads?
Being able to hit multiple targets that are widely separated, either on opposite sides of the planet, on different moons, or different planets entirely.  So, carry more than one rocket, one for each target.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2013, 01:52:06 pm »

anarky in the ku?  :o

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2013, 12:26:29 am »

But what about me, Drakele and the others?
Well, Drakele has had more than 48 hours to put up a turn so I guess you get to go next.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2013, 06:32:48 am »

You guys are welcome to continue, yes. I haven't had much time for gaming lately but today we're snowed in so I'll do an update today.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2013, 06:39:27 am »

Alright, I'll do my turn after I do my homework.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #133 on: March 06, 2013, 08:43:38 am »

I envy all you snowed-in americans and whatnot D:

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2013, 10:23:16 am »

Alright, I'll do my turn after I do my homework.
And after the update, of course. I also envy the snowed-in-ness. That never happens in Belgium :c

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11