Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Tribes under two suns - Needs suggestions  (Read 7853 times)

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribes under two suns - suggestion game
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2013, 03:00:26 pm »

I'll vote for the Bog's Edge myself.

Make that +2

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2013, 03:02:15 pm »

I go for In the thick bog.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2013, 05:51:07 pm »

To the bog!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2013, 05:53:19 pm »

"Show me the second one." you say with a few chirps. The group plods along behind you for a good hour, going up and down small hills of varying size before stopping in a small clearing near a large clear pool.

The area is wooded thick with marrow woods and vines run over the top, in an attempt an mimicking the dense canopy of the swamp that you had passed through. You move to the pool as people begin to settle and kneel to drink. You find the water tasty after such a long trek and clean as well as clear. You also see that the pool is deep, reaching further than you can see. The shifliths mewl against their reins, they want to bathe in the water.

As people begin to sit you remain standing. You walk to the beach, stepping through a line of tall grass that seems to be the line separating bog from beach. Sharp stones make up the first part of the beach before quickly turning smaller and more worn and then into sand. The sand is wet and thick between your three talons and the whole beach smells like fish and brine. Shells litter the coast, small clam shells along with a few, more rarely large crab shells. Seaweed washes ashore in large gooey clumps of green and the bang of the ocean on the sand is new and exciting. The sky is clear as you remove your robe, becoming naked, and step into the ocean. The water is cool and very refreshing. You aren't used to swimming against such strange currents but think you see some fish and other interesting things creatures before you return back to your people.

When you return the people are cracking open their rations, leaving them with a supply that is beginning to dwindle. The shaman, 7plow, approaches you. "How do you find this land? Does it suit? Should we ready for travel once more or begin arrangements for more permanent residence? And if so what would those arrangements be?"

What would you do?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2013, 05:57:23 pm »

Begin setting camp until we can build something better, have the shaman conduct a ritual of knowledge and blessing.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2013, 05:58:29 pm »

Begin setting camp until we can build something better, have the shaman conduct a ritual of knowledge and blessing.
  +1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2013, 06:06:07 pm »

The shaman cocks her head at you and speaks in a dry voice "I do not think we have the materials for such a ritual. Vision inducing plants would have been a good thing to have taken, but we were already pushed out of our tents before I knew what was happening. I am sure they grow around here though. If you like I can try and speak with some of our ancestors spirits for knowledge... Or someone else if you like... I really don't know what you mean by blessing. There needs to be a specific target of said ritual and contract. Be it the world itself or a tiny beetle. Is this what you wish?"

You pause for a moment to reflect, thinking on what she has told you.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2013, 06:09:34 pm »

Send someone out to go find drugs for the Shaman.
Have the sahman commune with the spirit of the nearby bog.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2013, 06:26:42 pm »

Also, get some supplies to build basic shelters and try to start a fire.
Dying of laughter?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2013, 09:01:18 pm »

You aren't really sure what to make a shelter with. You only brought your animals and a few packs of food along. You and all of your people have grass woven robes that provide a very mild amount of shelter as well as the canopy of the trees has always helped. Nobody will complain of lack of shelter immediately but the glaring sun will begin to get to them after a few months in it's rays. You figure that most of them are already feeling it  after such a hike but are holding their tongues.

You don't have any tools to build more than the most basic shelter right now. The marrow woods don't provide a terrible amount of foliage near their base but you can see their bright red leaves near the weak branches up top. You bet you could get some thatch out of those. There are also some straight branches you see laying around but none are long enough to make any sort of working frame out of.

You tell a beta to get a fire started and he grabs five gammas. They go looking for dry branches and kindling. You figure that should take a good few hours.

You instruct the other beta to gather some thatch and straight branches to be used for poles.

Anything else?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 09:06:23 pm by Gotdamnmiracle »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2013, 09:03:42 pm »

Send the other Beta to bring a team on material gathering duty for things like thatch, support it with some dead wood for now.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2013, 09:07:06 pm »

Send the other Beta to bring a team on material gathering duty for things like thatch, support it with some dead wood for now.

Edit'd. I looked over your suggestion and assumed that was what you wanted.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2013, 09:11:25 pm »

You tell the shaman that you will get the plants if she can instruct some gammas on what to look for and ask her if she could commune with the spirit of the nearby bog and ask for it's blessing to live here. The shaman agrees, walking off to instruct the gammas.

You turn to look onto the water, trying to decide what to do for this month. Where to begin?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9