Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Tribes under two suns - Needs suggestions  (Read 7829 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribes under two suns - suggestion game
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2013, 09:27:21 pm »

Check and see if there's any edible fish living in the water, and check if the water is suitable for drinking.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2013, 06:19:11 am »

Month 1, year 1, unnamed tribe, unnamed vilage

You kneel down and look into the pool... and wait... You don't see any fish but you do remember sipping the water and it was fresh and suitable at the time. You bet it still is.

A month passes and the weather has begun to turn rainy and overcast. A fine alternative, everyone agrees. You people manage to get a rather large fire up and running with a firedrill they whipped up and some of the drier wood. The thrush gatherers do a mediocre job getting enough for a few small shelters and some small sticks and you begin on them immediately. The shelters are just big enough for a marathoner to sleep under, being raised thrush with two sticks over a dug in enclosure, acting like a small tent and shedding both rain and water.

People rejoice about the fire, sitting near it to warm their sinews and chat about the great things their tribe will accomplish. Apparently the excitement of such things hasn't worn off for some quite yet.

The thrush gatherers all agree that it would be easier to get building materials if they had tools built for such things like a crude axe, shovel, or hammer.

The gammas set to find the plants have some difficulty, but only because they do not know the area quite well. They figure if they knew a bit more about it they would have piles of the damn plants.

The food supply has gone from dwindling to alarming and rations will only last 2 more months without intervention you estimate.

What would you order next month?
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2013, 07:53:25 am »

Try to find some long branches and sharpen them for spears, then use them to hunt and find some seeds to start a small farm. Have a few Gammas tie some rocks to sticks to make axes or shovels.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2013, 08:09:26 am »

hunting and gathering obviously.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2013, 11:00:07 am »

Month 2, year 1, unnamed tribe, unnamed village

You order spears, axes, and shovels be made using the sharp stones from the early part of the shore and some of the straighter branches. They are able to whip these up in a matter of days and fasten the stones to the sticks using pieces torn from their robes. They aren't the sturdiest, but they will get the job done.

You send out a large group of gammas to go hunting using the spears and to also go looking for any edible plands with seeds we can use.

They return after about a week carrying multiple rabbit sized amphibians tied to a few sticks and slung over their shoulders. Along with that a group not carrying the amphibians is carrying bushels of reeds that you recognize. The reeds have a pulpy center that can be grinded up and turned into cakes if cooked on a hot stone. Bland but filling. On en even better note there are many seed pods still attached to them and a small farm could be started rather easily.

This month your food supply to risen to decent for your current population.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2013, 11:02:55 am »

Send a team out to make a farm, one to use the tools to gather more building materials, and any extra gammas off as a scouting party.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2013, 11:22:00 am »

What's the naming criteria for the tribe? Does it have to be like normal names? If there's no criteria, I vote Spearbog.
Dying of laughter?

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2013, 11:22:54 am »

Send a team out to make a farm, one to use the tools to gather more building materials, and any extra gammas off as a scouting party.

Sounds good. +1

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2013, 11:55:41 am »

What's the naming criteria for the tribe? Does it have to be like normal names? If there's no criteria, I vote Spearbog.

No criteria for this one. Same for the village.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2013, 11:57:25 am »

Also just realized April 13th is John's Birthday in Homestuck.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2013, 01:27:38 pm »

You pick out some of the most fertile looking land for a small farm, which happens to be rather unlevel, two birds with one stone you figure. You split the gammas into three groups, one tilling the soil with a beta leading and all of the deltas helping along. You are confident that this will go rather quickly with so many hands on the project. You watch as a few of the children dig with their hands, tearing up the grassy and lifting a dark brown moist soil.

You tell six gammas to take up the axes and begin gathering building materials. They grab the axes and continue to gather thrush and straight branches. By the end of the month they manage to find a large amount of these materials but seem to have gotten most of the low hanging fruit in the area regarding thrush. They spend the rest of their time straightening long branches into poles and mange to get a great amount straightened. You have got enough materials to start building large shelters but anything more complex would require sturdier log pieces.

The other group is four gammas headed by a beta. You instruct them to begin scouting the surrounding areas.

They don't return for some days but near the end of the month arrive. They say that they saw to our west there is a peninsula along the coast with what looks like a strange yellow tower on it, to the east, nearby, to the west is a deep cut in the coast entering the bog leading to a lagoon. The lagoon looks lush with life and seems to have stoney hills rising beyond it, further than that was difficult to visualize beyond more hills. Large rocks reach out of the surface of these hills with hard clay packed into the divots. The only problem with the area it seems is there is no flat land. As they neared back in the direction we had come from, to the north, they say that they began to smell another tribe of marathoners and decided to skate around their territory. As they did so they think they spotted mire witches and doubled back so they could make it back here without leading them to our new home. The group couldn't swim any further south than you had that first day and wouldn't be able to get a good estimate of the surrounding waters without some sort of craft, they all agree. They are all excited to see the water near the lagoon though, one gamma is sure he saw some coral on the shore.

One of the gammas was out looking for the vision inducing plants called mawee thorns when the party did go looking for them and managed to remember what they looked like a grab a couple on the scouting part. That shaman takes them and pockets them telling you they will be prepared and a communion held by the time this next month rolls around.

The beta steps forward
"Yes. It is true. I saw two of them watching us. They were stationary and just standing there. You could tell they weren't human or anything because of the way the red light hit their white slimy skin. 4rake says he saw their big yellow eyes and they were only about the size of a human. We don't know exactly how many there were but we only saw about two. We didn't disturb them or anything. We didn't see any talismans or anything hung in the trees on the way in or out so I can only assume it is a small group, Chief. My opinion? Well they have been a nuisance in the past, gnarling trees and boiling the waters of the swamp with their strange spells. It's not unheard of for them to kill one of us either, if we sent out lone hunters, that is. I wouldn't let it get to that point."

Spoiler:  Personal Effects (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Holdings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Population (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: surrounding area (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Residents of note (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2013, 01:33:49 pm »

Build some larger shelters, begin planting the farm, and gather a party to go explore and if needed sack the tower.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2013, 06:39:36 pm »

Catalog as much wildlife and plantlife in the lagoon, to see which ones are the healthiest and the most abundant. Also, make a small raft and bring it to the ocean to fish.
Dying of laughter?

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2013, 08:36:58 pm »

No consensus? Sorry guys but I'll need +1s if you see something you agree with. If both tasks were attempted this month resources would be spread to thin.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2013, 08:40:07 pm »

Build some larger shelters, begin planting the farm, and gather a party to go explore and if needed sack the tower.
+1 we have fertile soil

Also we should fish for some food
(2 for fishing!2 for the above!)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9