Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38

Author Topic: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Vengeance (SCUM VICTORY)  (Read 85256 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 3: The Cabal Strikes Again
« Reply #510 on: March 27, 2013, 07:57:57 pm »

Day ended. Votes no longer count. Roleflip incoming.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 27, 2013, 08:05:23 pm »

“You are a traitor, notquitethere. Soon the doors will open and you’ll be killed. It’s over.”

“Fools. All of you. All you’ll do is kill a loyal magister!’

“’Loyal’? Please, there is no way you can’t be the traitor.”

“Oh yeah? Watch.”

A bright spark, a sudden burst of flames. Notquitethere had immolated himself just as the doors opened.

“What is going on here?”  said the Captain as he stepped into the room?

“The traitor has killed himself rather than face justice.”

The Captain goes to examine the charred body. After a few moments, the answer “His body shows no marks. He was loyal. We shall continue tomorrow.”

notquitethere has been lynched. He was a Magister.

Night ends 28th of March 22:00 BRT. Send me your actions.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 4: End of sight
« Reply #512 on: March 28, 2013, 09:18:37 pm »

Suprisingly, the Captain is present as all assemble in the meeting room. You could swear his hair wasn’t grey yesterday, but it certainly was now. With a grim face and equally grim voice he announced “TheWetSheep and his guard were both found dead, his door kicked in. Time is running out. You need to find out the traitor before we have to take more drastic measures.”

He walks out without waiting for an answer. The door is locked. A new day begins.

TheWetSheep has been killed. He was a Diviner.

Day ends 22:00 BRT of 1st of April.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 29, 2013, 08:08:23 am »

Back at Lylo eh, Tiruin? Fun times ahead.

I really don't to drag this debacle out any longer. I think the best thing now is just to let you guys lynch me and then take my analysis seriously when I'm a dead town member.

Look at the votes, see yourself how your fellow survivors interacted with known scum and known town and don't let yourselves be manipulated.

Oppose Extension.

Good night and good luck
I cannot be the only one who laughed at this when I read it today. A beautiful colab between Irony, Hindsight, and Finnangle's Law.

The universe can really do gallows humor well. Oh sweet merciful Celestia another pun.

Now when I'm done chuckling myself into a localized hernia over the level of irony today, let's get down to business.

Okay, seriously. Stopping now.

Tiruin, how do you feel about the events of yesterday?

I examined your last few posts, and your only vote was for me. Do you have any leads now with the lowered population?

Quad, well well well. It appears it's down to this.

Your primary target was lynched, and came up town. Our mutual friend was night-killed. How does this leave your thoughts?

Onyxjew

Currently, I'm at a stand-still. The one little thing about LYLO, is that fifty-fifty chance. I'm more interested in getting it to at least a measured degree of certainty before I start pointing fingers just yet. OR MAYBE NOT.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 29, 2013, 08:09:03 am »

Curse you BBcode! Disregard the excessive bolding in the Tiruin section. It was only meant to be the name.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 29, 2013, 11:38:12 am »

Death Is Only The Beginning!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 29, 2013, 04:05:20 pm »

It's LyLo - Lynch or Lose.

For the two remaining town, that means lynch scum or we win. Scumhunt like your lives depended on it, because they do. Slacking off will let us win, and you don't want that now, do you?

For the one remaining scum, that means lynch town or they win. Pretend to hunt like your life depended on it, because it does. Good luck.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 4: End of Sight
« Reply #517 on: March 29, 2013, 06:55:50 pm »

Bump.

Where fore art thou, denizens of Bay12?
Greater Collection

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 30, 2013, 01:05:50 am »

Bump.

Where fore art thou, denizens of Bay12?
Undergoing thunderstorm...Had to shut off net, and endure the rhythm of the rain.

Err, sorry for disappearance.

It's LyLo - Lynch or Lose.

For the two remaining town, that means lynch scum or we win. Scumhunt like your lives depended on it, because they do. Slacking off will let us win, and you don't want that now, do you?

For the one remaining scum, that means lynch town or they win. Pretend to hunt like your life depended on it, because it does. Good luck.
{^ This speaks truly. As of the current moment, all Town Power roles are dead, but what matters is what information you can glean from them; them, and every other connection viable with regard to the surviving players.

At the moment, we've a replacement (me). Replacements usually are roadblocks to cases involving the predecessor's statements, but continue their line through alignment. Do not fear to question these people.

Though I do believe that we're in a current standpoint where we'd be turning back the pages to days far behind. Extend for that.}

Onyx
Tiruin, how do you feel about the events of yesterday?

I examined your last few posts, and your only vote was for me. Do you have any leads now with the lowered population?
I felt confused. Confused in a way that, there was something wrong with how everyone else was pointing at NQT/Quadressence, hence me asking those questions of "what if [Other: Town]" regarding their cases (because, well, if they were scum and they got lynched - instawin)

And my vote was on you, then I unvoted as it was pressuring you to give your points. You seemed like flailing at that time, though it came to me as "flailing because failed to branch out earlier in the day" other than scum being lost in making a reasonable case.

Now when I'm done chuckling myself into a localized hernia over the level of irony today, let's get down to business.

Okay, seriously. Stopping now.
I really think hernia was a bad wording there :/, trust me. Unless you somehow did get hernia...

Anyway.

Tiruin
Onyx
Also, Here you say notes about you being worried. Ok, that's understandable. You say your reads and say you're quite possibly wrong, understandable given that there's one scum left.

Mistake (IMO): You don't seem to be solidifying those worries into rights. About your 'mason' (who you think is town) list, how are you going to be assured of their innocence? Press your target, or poke at them.
Mind clarifying on 'solidifying your worries into rights'. I seem to be misunderstanding that one. As for how I am assured of their innocence, gut feeling mostly. Clean reads for the rest. No true certainty, just an understanding that there are more scummy people to be picked at.
> About how sure you were about your town reads. CUrrently, your post there caught my eye. You say you have no reason to suspect Quad.

> You do not vote. Actually, you do not vote me judging by what you did suspect. I'm pretty sure you do know this is LYLO, right? And that you do have a vote, right? Why aren't you voting?

> What I did poke at back there was your nebulous sense, to be blunt. Got no reads formed on conclusive evidence there? Or are you afraid of poking at a case?

Onyxjew

Currently, I'm at a stand-still. The one little thing about LYLO, is that fifty-fifty chance. I'm more interested in getting it to at least a measured degree of certainty before I start pointing fingers just yet. OR MAYBE NOT.
You...somehow monologue yourself in? And...suspect OR MAYBE NOT...

I see nobody with that name. Does that statement you just did make sense?

What'cha doin' there Onyx? O_o

Quadressence: Tiruin pokes you with the tip of the shovel and greets you good morning.

So now that NQT is dead, and is town - what can you derive from that?

More importantly, what are you going to do now that you're alive at this crucial point in time?

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 30, 2013, 07:11:07 pm »

Tiruin
Onyx
Also, Here you say notes about you being worried. Ok, that's understandable. You say your reads and say you're quite possibly wrong, understandable given that there's one scum left.

Mistake (IMO): You don't seem to be solidifying those worries into rights. About your 'mason' (who you think is town) list, how are you going to be assured of their innocence? Press your target, or poke at them.
Mind clarifying on 'solidifying your worries into rights'. I seem to be misunderstanding that one. As for how I am assured of their innocence, gut feeling mostly. Clean reads for the rest. No true certainty, just an understanding that there are more scummy people to be picked at.
> About how sure you were about your town reads. CUrrently, your post there caught my eye. You say you have no reason to suspect Quad.

> You do not vote. Actually, you do not vote me judging by what you did suspect. I'm pretty sure you do know this is LYLO, right? And that you do have a vote, right? Why aren't you voting?

> What I did poke at back there was your nebulous sense, to be blunt. Got no reads formed on conclusive evidence there? Or are you afraid of poking at a case?
As noted in my earlier post today, I do not vote unless I am actually interested in what that vote might bring. I see no point now, and I saw no point earlier. Pressure? Whyever would I need pressure? The entire point of that is to cause a slip or to attract attention. Neither of which would be of any help here. When eleven becomes three, all the mistakes had already happened, and pushing for another is a horrifically unlikely event. Wanting attention is again aimless, because with only three remaining there is little chance of being passed over. Less so with the dismal activity herein.

No reads on conclusive evidence? Heh, I daresay I do not. My case on you is weak at best, for I have little to go on. You have been absent, I do not fault you that. My case on Quad is non-existent. Believe me, if I had any chance of seeing her as scum earlier, I would have. I was combing everything I could to find a scum-tell. I blame my noobish skills for that particular event, though I must still rely on what they do find for me. Which, in the case of Quad, is absolute zero. A bit of personal issues, as you have no doubt seen, but nothing that really points to being scum.

Going back to why I'm not voting after that little tirade above. You might be wondering why I'm not voting you at this moment after I just proclaimed Quad's innocence. Because I still have days to burn and questions to ask. I still am far from certain.

Onyxjew

You...somehow monologue yourself in? And...suspect OR MAYBE NOT...

I see nobody with that name. Does that statement you just did make sense?
In the words of many great... er... creatures of various repute, I haven't the slightest idea. I try not to write when I am incapable of saying which side of the planet I'm on, but some of my best work gets done when I haven't the slightest clue about the goings on around me. Seriously, I was completely out of it. Not truly important at the moment though, just know that statement was more for my own gratification and I think two or three inside jokes if I'm remembering them correctly.

Tiruin, are you pointing most of your questions and post-space at me because I am the only other player to show up, because I seem the most scummy, or because I'm the easiest to scape-goat?

Or mystery door number four, of course.
Greater Collection

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 31, 2013, 01:20:31 am »

-snap-
As noted in my earlier post today, I do not vote unless I am actually interested in what that vote might bring. I see no point now, and I saw no point earlier. Pressure? Whyever would I need pressure? The entire point of that is to cause a slip or to attract attention. Neither of which would be of any help here. When eleven becomes three, all the mistakes had already happened, and pushing for another is a horrifically unlikely event. Wanting attention is again aimless, because with only three remaining there is little chance of being passed over. Less so with the dismal activity herein.
Mmmm, dear. From this paragraph on I see a very scummy attitude. While this attitude can be kept in the mind, it dictates one thing to me: laziness, or a cover up. Why?

First is in orange. Second is in purple. The whole statement above states that "Oh we can catch scum easy by checking back anyway. We don't need pressure or anything else."

Fallible. Very fallible.

> You think the past days are just to target scum, and today means that you should be sure and not use your (if town) only weapon in achieving your wincon - the vote? NO. Well, unless you are darn sure, which I doubt from your context, then feel free to delay your vote until the last moment scum.

The entire point of a vote is to either cause pressure or initiate a conversation with the target - a vote carries the weight of the person's suspicions on the target. It is only pressure when:
a. The voter says it is a pressure vote.
b. It is sensed that the vote is weak - (this is to be inferred and it isn't actually proven, just me stating it)
c. You'd be surprised when people use their votes in a good way. A vote, plus any good supporting argument does help. Anywhere.

I mean, even without voting you can make a good case and a nice argument - IMO, the lack of vote suggests either that you're just poking around and keeping tabs,  OR that you're staying neutral or pseudo-neutral on the situation at hand. Your posts don't tell me any of the above.

And for added reading (just for info, obviously), I poke at BM 34: That one time where I was one scum and by buddybro got run over by a triple decker bus. See how LYLO turned out - people still pressured.

No reads on conclusive evidence? Heh, I daresay I do not. My case on you is weak at best, for I have little to go on. You have been absent, I do not fault you that. My case on Quad is non-existent.
Second case in point. Bolded part states absence of questioning, NOT due to my absence for I was present for a whole day post-Shakerag busy-ness. You had only asked me little, even very trivial questions to be honest (Like, what does my 'disappearance' have to do with anything, if it was even a disappearance?), answered in full. Your case is observably weak, but what did you do about it? Nothing much. Not a lot of continuation regarding my answer to that link there.

Going back to why I'm not voting after that little tirade above. You might be wondering why I'm not voting you at this moment after I just proclaimed Quad's innocence. Because I still have days to burn and questions to ask. I still am far from certain.
Hmm, days of questions. Which you didn't ask earlier, eh? Stalling for time, perhaps.

Thing is, what persuades me more about Quad's innocence is TheWetSheep's attitude towards her. While he didn't be specific (Something along the lines of "Oh I believe she's town because"), he did state reluctance of voting Quad during the yester day.

Sheep
OnyxJew: Say that tomorrow you're alive in LyLo with me and Quad. What would you do?
Hmmm... I would do a lot more searching than previously into you two, as obviously I was wrong, but I think the majority of it would be on Quad.
Reasons in a dotted list,
  • More people seem to be suspicious of her.
  • Twice tried to find something to pick at about you, miserable failure in both cases. Really need to work on that.
  • General feeling that process of elimination means she is scummier out of the two.
More substantial evidence is not available and, I believe, is not really necessary at this time. I still believe it is either Tiruin or NQT.
And this. Seeing your suspicions, What. Did. You. Do?

No vote, or just trying to passively persuade others?

Tiruin, are you pointing most of your questions and post-space at me because I am the only other player to show up, because I seem the most scummy, or because I'm the easiest to scape-goat?

Or mystery door number four, of course.
Its called scumhunting bro. Also, I believe, and did state so, that Quad is townier than you (in a general way).

And there is no fourth player.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Quadressence: Tiruin posts a post-it note on your doorstep.

Hi there :D

So...I'm just asking. Where are you and why your absence? Yeah, tis' the weekend, enjoy it! Come back soon, ok?

Deathsword: Extend.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: April 01, 2013, 07:31:55 am »

Meep.

Ello? D:

We've got only one extend request...Also, 8:31pm here, Monday as of time of posting...

Where are you all?~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 01, 2013, 08:02:47 pm »

Day extended until this same time tomorrow. Can't do it today.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: April 01, 2013, 11:57:08 pm »

Woo~

Tomorrow for me, you guys have 8 or so hours in advance from Greenwich :P

"...Because its really lonely standing here. In the main hall. With you two. Not talking...and all."

Day extended until this same time tomorrow. Can't do it today.
Votecount? :/ I know how the votes lie, but...surely something would at least get this thread moving.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: April 02, 2013, 02:22:22 pm »

Votecount:
Onyxjew994 (1):Tiruin
Tiruin (0):
Quadressence (0):

Not Voting: Onyxjew994, Quadressence.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38