Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38

Author Topic: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Vengeance (SCUM VICTORY)  (Read 85657 times)

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 2: Dead Healer
« Reply #375 on: March 16, 2013, 09:45:27 am »

Quadressence:
-snip-
I'm going to take all the fluff out of your post and summarize it. You are saying(correct me if I'm wrong):

"No, I'm not going to give you my reads because they could be used against me. I'm not going to follow the typical method of getting information. I propose a different method."

And then you go on to giving your read on IronyOwl(thank you for that, by the way). Now, apart from the fact that you say you won't give any reads but then do, there are several problems with this:

No, I'm not going to give you my reads because they could be used against me... This is why everybody gives them, so we can decide who is the most scummy.

I'm not going to follow the typical method of getting  information... Alright, this is fine. But next:

I propose a different method... This would be great if you actually gave us your method. Instead, you spout a number of synonyms for change, then say you've accomplished nothing but explaining. I'm not sure what you explained, but it certainly wasn't your method.

Do you not understand? Town are on a team. Please try to help your team(if you are town) by giving us your opinions. The only valid reason I see for withholding reads is so that you don't get Mafiakilled if you are suspicious of scum.

Also, you didn't go into detail about why you suspect NQT.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

Quadressence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 16, 2013, 01:53:54 pm »

Quadressence:
-snip-
I'm going to take all the fluff out of your post and summarize it. You are saying(correct me if I'm wrong):

"No, I'm not going to give you my reads because they could be used against me. I'm not going to follow the typical method of getting information. I propose a different method."

And then you go on to giving your read on IronyOwl(thank you for that, by the way). Now, apart from the fact that you say you won't give any reads but then do, there are several problems with this:

No, I'm not going to give you my reads because they could be used against me... This is why everybody gives them, so we can decide who is the most scummy.

I'm not going to follow the typical method of getting  information... Alright, this is fine. But next:

I propose a different method... This would be great if you actually gave us your method. Instead, you spout a number of synonyms for change, then say you've accomplished nothing but explaining. I'm not sure what you explained, but it certainly wasn't your method.

Do you not understand? Town are on a team. Please try to help your team(if you are town) by giving us your opinions. The only valid reason I see for withholding reads is so that you don't get Mafiakilled if you are suspicious of scum.

Also, you didn't go into detail about why you suspect NQT.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
*The sleuthette raises her eyebrow in confusion.*

Perhaps you and I are having two different conversations. I refuse to give my reads on everyone so that they can't be used against anyone else. My reads will change and evolve, and giving my reads on everyone or even anyone is pointless until I deem otherwise.

*She stands up.*

In fact, you completely missed the point. The point is that everything you say or do can be used against you. The fact that I refuse to give my reads can be used against me. The fact that I am speaking right now can be used against me. Everything can be used against me. Are you suggesting that there is only one way to obtain information?

*She begins pacing back and forth.*

There are a multitude of ways to get information. The one you proposed isn't effective for me. I gave you what WAS effective, and that was my read on IronyOwl, which might have been lacking. My read on notquitethere was already given, and there's no need to continue with it (I feel myself talking to a wall.)

I'm not going to follow the typical method of information gathering, nor shall I let you gather information from me in the typical method. I already told you that I shall not be a sheep. *She snaps her fingers, suddenly dressed in a fluffy white outfit with a bell around her neck.* Baa? No thanks. *Her outfit vanishes, replaced with her old one.*

Learn, try, see, do. I never proposed a different method of gathering information other than what we're already supposed to do. I did propose a different method of thinking. One without blind faith in the system, without following the leader, without mindlessness!

*She turns are points back.*

Do you not understand? I have given all the information I deemed relevant, in an effort to help my team. Do you not see that everything you are saying right now can be used against you? Every sentence, every word, every letter can be used against you. This is the goal. Analysis.

*She pulls out her magnifying glass, bringing it further and closer to her face almost at random.*

A robot can analyze. I'm not a robot. I have given everything I deemed noteworthy. Should more appear, I'll gladly give you that.

As it is noteworthy, I do not think you are scum.

*She tucks the magnifying glass away.*

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 2: Dead Healer || Two replacements needed
« Reply #377 on: March 16, 2013, 02:28:51 pm »

Spaghetti:
Alright, nice job town. Now I've had a quick look at Remu/Flying Dice's posts and actions, and I've come up with the following:

Damn, man, you're looking a little scummy too. You flipped the vote to lynch R/FD an hour before the deadline. Whether that's luck, or a scum trying to look town I can't tell. R/FD also only ever placed a pressure vote on your predeccesor, never anything strong minded. Now, this isn't much, put your post after the deadline rings alarm bells. It seems to be someone trying so hard to look town, that they look scum.
This seems kind of odd. Your analysis looked like it was essentially focused on votes, but then your conclusion is based on vote timing and trying to look town.
My voting analysis was to judge who was likely to be scum. Then, having thought NQT was the worst culprit, I dug in to their post which I thought didn't help things for them at all.

Onyx, Spaghetti, what do you think of my case against IronyOwl? Or should we be more suspicious of Shakerag?
Again, stop trying to make friends. Just because you voted scum, doesn't mean you're not scum. And same for us.
This does seem to be dodging his question, though. Why is that?
I wan't sure whether it was actually a question that he wanted an answer for, as oppose to an attempt to draw us across to his side, having already assembled a case. If you're interested, then I do think the case against you looks quite damning, and you're my next target.

Oh, and IronyOwl, why were you voting for NQT at the time of the lynch?
Flipflopping on borno, looking like he was trying to look very townlike/wriggle out of a lynch, and maybe buddy Ford. Mainly it was that "gee Ford lucky thing I didn't vote you just now or I'd totally have lynched you" part, as I recall.
Alright. Looked that bit up and that did seem a bit try-hard-townie.

Spaghetti
-blah-
Well, I'm telling you now that scum not-bussing is much more likely at this stage than scum-bussing. Later facts might emerge that swing the odds, but right now I'm pretty confident that Ironyowl and Shakerag are our best bets. Also, given that others aren't voting, you nearly caused a no-lynch. Surely that wasn't intentional?
I voted for who I thought was scum, and I stick by that. And while I do agree that bussing seems unlikely at an early stage of BM, it's still possible. My suspicions are especially raised toward this possibility if someone starts saying how incredibly unlikely it is to happen.

Spaghetti7:  What do you think the odds are that FD was bussed?  Do you think there's any good reason to believe so?  Any good reason to not believe so?
I think that they're small, but certainly not impossible. My reason to believe so would be NQT's quick vote on FD then quickly following up with "They wouldn't possibly bus now, would they?". However, I do agree that it is unlikely, but have no incredibly strong evidence other than it is a reasonably advanced tactic.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 16, 2013, 02:54:39 pm »

Quadressence:
Bah. Sorry about the confusion. It's hard for me to sift through all your role-playing to find what you're actually trying to say though. Please keep in mind that verbosity does not win arguments.

Perhaps you and I are having two different conversations. I refuse to give my reads on everyone so that they can't be used against anyone else. My reads will change and evolve, and giving my reads on everyone or even anyone is pointless until I deem otherwise.
The bolded part: Isn't this the point of posting reads? You don't post them to convince yourself. You'll never lynch anybody by yourself. If you think somebody is scummy you have to give your evidence and convince people.

In fact, you completely missed the point. The point is that everything you say or do can be used against you. The fact that I refuse to give my reads can be used against me. The fact that I am speaking right now can be used against me. Everything can be used against me. Are you suggesting that there is only one way to obtain information?
I didn't miss this point. My question is, Why are you so concerned about revealing something scummy in your reads?

My read on notquitethere was already given, and there's no need to continue with it (I feel myself talking to a wall.)
Yeah, sorry, I missed that.
I'm not going to follow the typical method of information gathering, nor shall I let you gather information from me in the typical method.
Learn, try, see, do. I never proposed a different method of gathering information other than what we're already supposed to do. I did propose a different method of thinking. One without blind faith in the system, without following the leader, without mindlessness!
But still you haven't attempted to do any scumhunting. For that matter, you still didn't explain your different method, you merely described it as "One without blind faith in the system, without following the leader, without mindlessness!"

As it is noteworthy, I do not think you are scum.
Good. To be honest, I don't think you are scum either. I do think you are being unhelpful to the town, though. I assume you haven't read any other games here?

Spaghetti:
Now that she's started posting, what do you think of Quadressence?

Quadressence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 16, 2013, 07:20:25 pm »

Hmph!

My post's not verbose, it's quite curtailed, and I can't forsake the dance. Each step, each move, is important for the experience.

*The sleuthette dances around a bit.*

I have pointed out what needed to be pointed out. IronyOwl and notquitethere are suspicious. I do not wish to point out anyone else as suspicious or not suspicious, mostly because I do not need to.

*The sleuthette pulls out a chalkboard and begins writing.*

I have listed my case for IronyOwl. I did that without his list of suspicions. It is doable to find suspects without this list that you seem to insist upon. Listlessness whisks this miss to the Abyss?

I think not.

As for games, I have read a fair amount of them. A sufficient number of them. A great number, an adequate number, a plentiful, a spectacular, ridiculous, terrific, magnificent number of them.

*She smiles, her eyes narrowing.*

Do you find me ignorant? Stupid? Unknowledgeable? Dumb?

*She pauses, letting it sink in.*

Do you think the shoe might be on the other foot?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 16, 2013, 08:53:22 pm »

Ugh. The internet ate my long post in reply to everyone. I'm going to get some sleep and retry this tomorrow.

Good to have you both on board Sheep and Quad!

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 17, 2013, 02:46:05 am »

Spaghetti:
Now that she's started posting, what do you think of Quadressence?
Odd. Aside from being rather over dramatic and fluffy in their posts, I would say it's a pretty much null. Seems to be town through good argument and decent scum hunting, but then makes very weird decisions about not releasing reads.

Quadressence, the town works as a team. We are all trying to find scum together, therefore do you not agree it follows that they who withdraws their list of reads is scum?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 17, 2013, 04:25:04 am »

Ugh. The internet ate my long post in reply to everyone. I'm going to get some sleep and retry this tomorrow.
Lazarus add-on for Firefox users :P

Or just type it all out and hit the 'back' option on your browser if the internet eats your long post. That, or use the History > Library to find the url of what you were 'Post Reply''ing to to find the text back.

Good to have you both on board Sheep and Quad!

Quadressence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 17, 2013, 08:39:45 am »

Quadressence, the town works as a team. We are all trying to find scum together, therefore do you not agree it follows that they who withdraws their list of reads is scum?
*The sleuthette takes off her hat and opens her eyes really big.*

Well, gosh mister. When you put it like that, there's almost a 100% chance that only scum would do that and nobody else for any reason ever.

*She stops mocking him and replaces the hat.*

Why would I agree with that? It's not true. I didn't withhold all of my reads either. I simply gave the ones that mattered. I have not given up finding scum, as can be told by my reasoning for suspecting IronyOwl, so how can you assume that not listing my reads on everyone is suspicious? No one has given me a reason other than everyone else did it.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 17, 2013, 01:41:36 pm »

Well, gosh mister. When you put it like that, there's almost a 100% chance that only scum would do that and nobody else for any reason ever.

Why would I agree with that? It's not true. I didn't withhold all of my reads either. I simply gave the ones that mattered. I have not given up finding scum, as can be told by my reasoning for suspecting IronyOwl, so how can you assume that not listing my reads on everyone is suspicious? No one has given me a reason other than everyone else did it.
The reason was, you were asked. Generally when one is asked a question in Mafia, you answer. No being clever or dodging it, because it will look scummy.
That has got me interested though, why are the only ones that matter the ones everyone else is going for? Don't you think you might be getting a bit of tunnel vision?

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 17, 2013, 04:39:12 pm »

Quadressence:
You missed a fair bit of my post. Please address the following:
I didn't miss this point. My question is, Why are you so concerned about revealing something scummy in your reads?
But still you haven't attempted to do any scumhunting. For that matter, you still didn't explain your different method, you merely described it as "One without blind faith in the system, without following the leader, without mindlessness!"

As for games, I have read a fair amount of them. A sufficient number of them. A great number, an adequate number, a plentiful, a spectacular, ridiculous, terrific, magnificent number of them.
I assumed you hadn't read any because you didn't mention it when I asked you about your experience with Mafia.

Do you find me ignorant? Stupid? Unknowledgeable? Dumb?
Ignorant? Yes. Stupid, unknowledgeable and dumb, no. I think the best word would be "stubborn".

I have not given up finding scum, as can be told by my reasoning for suspecting IronyOwl.
Giving your read on someone does not constitute as finding scum. You need to continue to pressure everyone, not just those who you are suspicious of. Your pressure on IronyOwl can be found in its entirety here:
You seem skeptical of his supporting case, so somehow you seem to suggest that any case involving nonsense would be equivalent. But, I disagree. Sure, the case was overloaded, but that did not make the case wrong. Instead, you'd want to argue bussing, but you're not. You're saying the case could not have been correct, but a scum would indeed have a correct case! (AHA!)

In the same post, you asked NQT a few other questions, but so far the only other people you've addressed are me and Spaghetti, and then only in answer to pressure from us.

No one has given me a reason other than everyone else did it.
*Ahem*
1. We can critique each other for better overall reads. If I think somebody is scum for an invalid reason, but don't share my reasons, nobody can correct me, and I'll go on suspecting that person.
2. It's helpful to you so that, when you eventually vote someone, we don't accuse you of voting without reason.
3. It's helpful to us because you can point out scummy/towny things we miss.
4. If you are scum, there's more chance to find a scumslip, since scum know the alignment of everyone and may therefore give something away in their reads.
5. Town benefit from having as much information and opinion as possible out there. As said above, only scum would want to withhold this kind of information.

Why I think Quad is town: It's unlikely that this kind of playstyle would come from somebody under the guidance of the Scum IC. Although it's possible that she's ignoring UI's advice just as much as she ignores ours.

Onyxjew: You've been given a huge advantage because of replacing in for The Soldier. How are you going to use this?

Everyone: Please post more.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 17, 2013, 10:25:27 pm »

NQT:
irony owl
Who would we have learned a lot from lynching, then? Or was this a simple, selfish attempt at defense by lack of gain?
Someone who a lot of people had beef with. Like, you know, the person who we ended up lynching.
And what would we have learned if he was town? Once again, you seem to be advocating lynching whoever looks like they're going to be lynched.

I like this pressure. I like your gusto in defending yourself in general, actually, even if I disagree with the specifics.

But again, here it looks like you're trying to weasel out on a technicality. You have less votes than other people, so you're safe. I'm competent enough to avoid votes so I might be scum. It reeks of that attempt to impugn others and hold yourself above suspicion based on technical assumptions rather than genuine scumhunting.
You say technical assumptions, I say suggestive evidence. Eh. I'm scum-hunting the traditional way as well. Well, actually at the moment I'm mostly fielding questions. Most of the pressure is on me at the moment, and that's as it should be: I've tried to go town-lead on this and present a case against someone and so i should be under scrutiny.
I look forward to what your traditional scumhunting eventually results in, then.

Onyxjew994, Shakerag, IronyOwl, your collective lack of voting nearly ended in a no-lynch. I know this is 'extension mafia', but could you make your cases and cast your votes before day end this time?
I will try, but there's a difference between having someone you suspect and having someone you're confident lynching.

Onyx:
Trying to set up a false dichotomy is another scumtell, you know.

This does seem to be dodging his question, though. Why is that?
IronyOwl Care to explain this? You seem to be stating two conflicting opinions in one post.
I think it's a false dichotomy and thus scummy. That doesn't mean answering it with "stop buddying me" is acceptable.

Shakerag:
So is there anyone who would be dangerous to you?
Not that I can think of.

IronyOwl:  Since we've had a fair number of replacements, have you seen any "before and after" differences that stood out to you?
Onyx, as you point out, is a lot less active than The Soldier was, though I hadn't particularly noticed until now. FD was of course completely different from Remuthra. Quadressence is clearly much different than borno, but I'm still attempting to process the meaningful specifics of that, if any.

Also, you were voting NQT D1.  You've certainly had a bit of discourse with him on D2, and have pointed out a number of noteworthy things (town cheerleading, false dichotomy, logic on FD vote) so far, so do you think he's scum?  If so, why aren't you voting him now?
For some reason I'm just not getting a scumvibe off him. I'm not getting a townvibe off him either, but I just don't have that certainty I'd need to want him lynched as is. I'm not sure how much of that is how he's acting and how much is me just not being active enough to get gut feelings off anyone, but for the moment there we are.

TheWetSheep:
IronyOwl: Sort of an RVS question but quite relevant in "Extension Mafia". Say someone you had a strong town read on was replaced by someone who you felt was acting quite scummy. What would be your total read on them?
That's a tough one, and I guess it'd partially come down to the manner of scumminess. Laziness or marginally poor logic might be more understandable than active malice or forgetting their own suspicions, for instance.

Ultimately, if the discrepancies persisted I'd probably go with my later reads, since those are the current ones I can work on.

Quadressence:
Notquitethere! Explain your vote on Flying Dice! Of course, you think, 'But that is the enemy, surely, you jest!' On the con(trary), I suggest that it be an elaborate ruse, a masquerade! You intend to lynch your partner and enjoy town status. Adequate, but you explained your vote too well, too much, to have it go unnoticed.

There's more! This morning, you exempt yourself from suspicion not on the grounds that you believe yourself to be innocent, but that there would be no way for scum to bus themselves. Another nail in the coffin for you, as there can be no way for you to prove this except by being scum, which would then make it grounds for a lie.

*The sleuthette smiles, her eyes sparkling, and puts the magnifying glass to her eye, investigating notquitethere.*

You indirectly compliment the scum team when you comment on the dead cop, and also cheer the town on, both I find rather unappealing and incredibly suspicious.

And then, I quote
I- I think we've got it!
this squib. So nervous, but for what?

*The sleuthette turns and begins pacing.*

For now, though, even if I find you suspicious, I must say your case is of quality, and therefore it must be examined.
Mm? Which is it? Quality case or numerous scummy issues?

Worth noting is that IronyOwl indirectly disputes the bussing debacle, instead of dissecting it directly. Defensive, really, inducing no decent discussion. I deduce that he intends to redirect without provoking notquitethere, and the best way to do that would be to simply not vote him.

Quadressentially, he'll have to vote notquitethere eventually. It's merely a matter of time, unless he can distract himself elsewhere (I, of course, expect myself!)

*The sleuthette spins on her feet.*

IronyOwl.
Is this purely about not voting NQT? I don't understand what you mean by "indirectly." I also don't see any questions.

You seem skeptical of his supporting case, so somehow you seem to suggest that any case involving nonsense would be equivalent. But, I disagree. Sure, the case was overloaded, but that did not make the case wrong. Instead, you'd want to argue bussing, but you're not. You're saying the case could not have been correct, but a scum would indeed have a correct case! (AHA!)

Perhaps, you can try again, and we'll see how it goes.
I don't follow. I'm skeptical of his core case to the point that I don't consider his supporting reasons (ie his attempts at convincing those who don't buy his actual case) particularly worth addressing. I don't see how I "want to argue bussing" but aren't, and I'm not sure what you're trying to say with that last bit, other than the obvious of "NQT's case totally would have worked if whoever has the most and second most votes is scum."

I once played an advanced version of Clue as Miss Scarlett, in which I ruthlessly gunned down my fellow players before dueling to the death with Colonel Mustard with swords. In the end, I was skewered, though we found out later that I had killed the true murderer (Mr. Green) on accident while he was talking to his wife. >:3 Kekeke
This sounds like an entertaining version of Clue.

While I understand where you are coming from, your arguments are flawed in that anything I say can be used against me. Hello! We're on a forum! This list is merely one way with which to withdraw information. I suggest that we switch your statements to something slightly simpler: I do not want to go along with the group's preferred method of getting information.

*She crosses her legs.*

And why should I? Because we are groomed to be sheep for the shepherd? Do you want me on all fours, baaing? I'm not a whore.

Instead, I suggest a blossoming. *She pulls a bouquet a flowers from her sleeves.* A transition. *She snaps her fingers, suddenly dressed as a magician.* Magic! *She pulls a nickel out from behind TheWetSheep's ear.* Change.

*She pulls out a wand and waves it around a bit.*

I'm not suggesting anarchy, insanity, lawlessness. Simply... compliance. Now, this is a rant, and I've accomplished nothing by explaining, so I'll get back on topic.

*She snaps her fingers, returning to her original outfit.*

I have no information at this time that I wish to divulge. None of it is of any use to anyone but me, because I write in scribbles.
This is a lot of dodgy, irrelevant fluff that boils down to refusing to answer a question because you don't feel like it. Who doesn't want people peering into their brainmeats? Scum. Town doesn't mind, because they know they're innocent in there, even if they're not particularly useful.

If you haven't got the horns to prove you're not a wolf otherwise, I suggest you stick with the herd. They're clustered together like that for a reason.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Quadressence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 18, 2013, 08:35:27 am »

The reason was, you were asked. Generally when one is asked a question in Mafia, you answer. No being clever or dodging it, because it will look scummy.
That has got me interested though, why are the only ones that matter the ones everyone else is going for? Don't you think you might be getting a bit of tunnel vision?
*The sleuthette throws away her detective outfit, revealing a witch's costume underneath. Her black pointed hat nearly blows away, but she catches it in time, planting it squarely on her head. She brushes off her skirt.*

Okay, then, what's your social security and credit card number?

I can't conceive of ceasing cleverness. I was born with such horrible afflictions, diseases, malformations -- Smarts! How dare it!

*The witch moves to sit down, a broom materializing under her. The broom sinks slightly as she sits down before levitating her.*

I have posted who I believed was most suspicious and also least suspicious. Much more than most, who amuse themselves with omnireads, most of which contain less information that I have given. Simply, I won't answer, for several reasons really.

One, I've now resigned myself not to answer it, so I wouldn't feel good about answering it. Two, if I answer it, I'll be indited as being pressured (ICs can confirm, I assure you!) which would only make me look more suspicious. Three, I'll have contributed no additional information to finding scum, as IronyOwl has shown himself to be incredibly suspicious.

As for tunnel vision, of course not. If anything, people will tunnel vision me. I'm very attractive. Who wouldn't want to waste wonders on wandering women? Ridiculously refuses the regular road righteously? Everyone is removing themselves from the game to try to get me to answer a question that has no right answer other than to not answer it. *The witch turns and laughs.* Tunnel vision? *She laughs again.*

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I actually answered an amusing amount of this, though perhaps I prefer partially puzzling answers.

Everything I say can reveal something scummy, so the correct answer is I'm not afraid to talk.
It is especially hard to scumhunt when your target has not posted, and you have no reason to go for anyone else.
Experience with Mafia includes situations in which I was involved. I don't consider reading as an involvement.
Stubborn? I can accept that. Ignorant? I cannnot.
I am after IronyOwl here. There is no reason for me to bother with the likes of you two. I am merely answering your questions until you provide me with a reason to suspect you.
Your list was basically "because everyone else did it." Everything I say can be read, nullifying 4. I have given sufficient reasoning for IronyOwl, nullifying 1 and 2. I could change someone's mind about finding someone scummy, countering 3 and 5. There are no good reasons to do it, especially now, where I'll be portrayed as weak for answering.

And I think I'd make a great scum for that very reason, would I not? That's a poor reason to discount me. Do it by content.

IronyOwl (It's not worth quoting your post because it's huge.):
Are you suggesting that you have numerous scummy issues? Aren't you supposed to be experienced, and therefore less likely to lean scummy? You're not countering notquitethere's points. It feels like you're stalling, delaying, until you find something to redirect to, and, as I pointed out, I figured it would be me. "Teehee." You even admit that you're not bothering with his case. But, he has good points. There is a connection between you and Flying Dice. The only reason I can think of to avoid his case is to not draw attention to it.

As for the fluff? Of course. I even admit to it. Let me quote for you, as I seem to be a bit more experienced than you at noticing things.
Now, this is a rant, and I've accomplished nothing by explaining, so I'll get back on topic.

You're already peering at my brainmeats. It's spewed all over my posts. And yet, here you are, saying that you'll have to follow the herd to survive.

*She snaps her fingers, suddenly sporting pointed gray ears and a fluffy tail. Around her hands are paw gloves.*

I mean, who's to say wolves are the bad guys? Maybe you're just afraid of alphas. I don't really enjoy the taste of sheep. Too tasteless, tacky.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 2: Dead Healer || Two replacements needed
« Reply #388 on: March 18, 2013, 10:52:50 am »

Okay, I'm on a break at work so I'll keep this short and snappy. Owl first.

Owl
For that matter, we still don't know how well your theory's going to hold up for the other scum, to say nothing of how correct those supporting reasons are/will be. If your theory was completely correct we'd just be lynching whoever's had the second most votes and be done with it, wouldn't we?
As I pointed out, my theory isn't a Total Theory of scumhunting, but one principle in tracking guilt. If you're innocent when you're dead, then I think I'll look into the person with the second-most votes.

But again, this requires that your reasoning be entirely correct, which you don't know, and your analysis only worked because of that luck. If FD had been in his slot from the get-go, your analysis would have failed miserably and we'd have lynched borno or something. If the scum was me and Shakerag or The Soldier and Ford, it never would have worked and your logic would essentially have lynched weak targets that weren't taken out immediately.

That's the part I don't trust about your method, and I think that's the part you're not getting. It works fine when the scummiest player is scummy scum who hasn't already been traditionally bandwagoned, but fails miserably or is redundant any other time.
Sure, that's why it's not the only way of doing things and that's why I'm continuing the pressure on you.

What is it about me and Shakerag that means you can't be scum while we're alive but if we both get lynched, yeah, it could totally be you?
If you're both innocent when dead and I'm still alive, then there would be certainly greater room to doubt my sincerity or competency.

Trying to set up a false dichotomy is another scumtell, you know.
At the time there was good reason to suppose that you and Shakerag were the only suspects, so not a false dichotomy at all.

How so? You're stating right now just how awesome a position it would be for scum, and I've explained several times how WIFOM of this nature works, so what is it? What would have made this such a bad or impractical idea for scum that they'd never do it, even if it's obvious that anyone who did it would get a free pass to the end of the game?
But they wouldn't precisely because you already suspect the possibility of a bus. Let's break it down: bussing would have been a terrible idea because not only would it have made it harder to win, but people would still suspect a bus so you wouldn't be off the hook (as proven by the fact that you suspect a bus).

I'm not trying to push anyone on my purported towndom, the record speaks for itself and everyone should feel free to make their own mind up about it. Clearly more people need to have their say and more retrospection needs to occur before we make our final decisions for the day. Now the doc is dead, we can only afford two mislynches, so we should obviously choose carefully.
The record doesn't speak for itself, it sits there waiting for people to come along and interpret it.

More importantly, why suddenly such a hands-off approach here? First it's obvious, then... well, everyone can make up their own minds, you certainly don't need to tell them how to think. If someone didn't get it or disagreed, would you just let the matter sit?
What I should have said is that if you don't agree with what I'm saying, by all means do your own analysis.

And what would we have learned if he was town? Once again, you seem to be advocating lynching whoever looks like they're going to be lynched.
More like, I'm advocating lynching whoever looks like they should have been lynched but weasled through regardless.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 18, 2013, 11:12:50 am »

Quadressence:
I'm not going to follow the typical method of information gathering, nor shall I let you gather information from me in the typical method.
I never proposed a different method of gathering information other than what we're already supposed to do.
Hmmm. Do you see the blatant contradiction?

I did propose a different method of thinking. One without blind faith in the system, without following the leader, without mindlessness!
Anyway. Tell us your method. Now.

NQT
How so? You're stating right now just how awesome a position it would be for scum, and I've explained several times how WIFOM of this nature works, so what is it? What would have made this such a bad or impractical idea for scum that they'd never do it, even if it's obvious that anyone who did it would get a free pass to the end of the game?
But they wouldn't precisely because you already suspect the possibility of a bus. Let's break it down: bussing would have been a terrible idea because not only would it have made it harder to win, but people would still suspect a bus so you wouldn't be off the hook (as proven by the fact that you suspect a bus).
Still WIFOM here.
More like, I'm advocating lynching whoever looks like they should have been lynched but weasled through regardless.
This seems like a suspicious policy lynch. Is this merely a sign of scumminess or a sign for a definite lynch?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38