Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38

Author Topic: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Vengeance (SCUM VICTORY)  (Read 85595 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 1: Murder
« Reply #285 on: March 06, 2013, 08:39:29 pm »

Magister NQT gazes on in horror as more faces dissolve and reform around.

"What foul illusions have the cabal been weaving this time!"

Ford
Do you plan on responding to this?
* cough* LIES * cough*
Evidence, of course. Something you two are definitely lacking, yet nobody cares.
I'll wait until the new Borno reassembles before our very eyes. But you're right, I should have responded to his pleas earlier.

A question for you: besides this extension blocking debacle, what other features of my play strike you as particularly suspect?

That said, I can't imagine how you could possibly explain your way out of what you just tried to pull.
Hmm... serves me right for impatiently replying to things on my phone in the early hours of the morning. I wasn't aware I was so close to the deadline, living in a different timezone to Deathsword as I do. I wouldn't advise reading impatience as a scum-tell: if you'll recall from my scum-play in the mason game, several times I let the day drag on for a whole week just to let town be mislynched. But I can see why you might think it looks suspicious, and so I apologise for inadvertently sending out false-tells that hinder proper investigation.

Irony Owl
Whether I was scum or town... hrm. Arguably as scum I'd want to stand behind his Remuthra vote to give me more of an excuse to follow it, but otherwise I don't particularly think my alignment would influence that.
Should we then take this as a minor point towards suspecting Ford?

How much of your intent to lynch borno is confidence that he's scum, and how much is wanting to get the day over with?
I spent several hours analysing posts when I joined this game and Borno was by far the scummiest. Of course, I may well be wrong and I hope I'm not. Of course, I want the game to move at a little quicker pace and it's fair to say I was perhaps a little too hasty.

Onyx
Notquitethere Resist. Urge. To. Make. Pun... Day Three comes sooner than expected, four Townies have gone up in smoke and you're out of leads. Everyone but one is active, there is a fight going on, and you notice one person has been on all of the lynches with weak reasoning. Who is the biggest target in your eyes?
Thank you for restraining yourself, OJ. Obviously the person that has mislynched the most, with the dodgiest reasons is the person to suspect. Lurking can often be unintentional, mislynching with absolute regularity and shoddy reasons rarely is.

Do you stand by the words and deeds of The Soldier?

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 06, 2013, 09:28:52 pm »

Onyx
Notquitethere Resist. Urge. To. Make. Pun... Day Three comes sooner than expected, four Townies have gone up in smoke and you're out of leads. Everyone but one is active, there is a fight going on, and you notice one person has been on all of the lynches with weak reasoning. Who is the biggest target in your eyes?
Thank you for restraining yourself, OJ. Obviously the person that has mislynched the most, with the dodgiest reasons is the person to suspect. Lurking can often be unintentional, mislynching with absolute regularity and shoddy reasons rarely is.

Do you stand by the words and deeds of The Soldier?
A sound and fair answer, I can live with that.

As for what The Soldier has done with this coil, I see no reason to argue with any of it. It all seems to be genuine and worthwhile defenses or scum-hunting. I only performed a cursory scan, but nothing major shows up that I would bother to denounce. Soldier did a fine job, and I'll be trying hard to live up to it. Heh, writing this sounds like it's an obituary for a distant relative.

Oh, and I almost forgot. No point to pressuring a missing player...

Flying Dice, your suspicions about Ford seem to be highly based on his post concerning SuperBlast's newb juices and how he secreted them. Yeah... that metaphor is starting to get really creepy with the wrong mindset. Moving on, do you have anything that set you off beyond that? His reactions to your inquiries about that particular subject not included, if you would.

Shakerag I see good ICing, but is there anyone you are actually hunting? Are you suspicious of anyone?

IronyOwl Do you plan on making an appearance today? If not, have something to do tomorrow. You be scum. Yo scumbuddy dead. Little suspicion on you. You make a mistake. What do. </syntax suicide>
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 07, 2013, 01:23:57 am »

notquitethere:
Magister NQT gazes on in horror as more faces dissolve and reform around.

"What foul illusions have the cabal been weaving this time!"

I'm with you there. I half feel like the game just started over. The other half feels like it still hasn't started yet.

I'll wait until the new Borno reassembles before our very eyes. But you're right, I should have responded to his pleas earlier.
Why wait?

A question for you: besides this extension blocking debacle, what other features of my play strike you as particularly suspect?
[...]
Hmm... serves me right for impatiently replying to things on my phone in the early hours of the morning. I wasn't aware I was so close to the deadline, living in a different timezone to Deathsword as I do. I wouldn't advise reading impatience as a scum-tell: if you'll recall from my scum-play in the mason game, several times I let the day drag on for a whole week just to let town be mislynched. But I can see why you might think it looks suspicious, and so I apologise for inadvertently sending out false-tells that hinder proper investigation.
Lessee ... nearly a full week of lurking without explanation in-thread. When you do come back, you try to hasten the deadline, despite the fact that we're effectively down four players. It's one thing to be impatient. But with only five active players, the only way to get an extension at that point would be for all four others to vote for one. If we took a logical leap, and assumed one of them is your scumbuddy, who just 'happens' to miss the chance to extend ... well, hey, you get a mislynch while having made only three or four substantial posts. Nice job. You catch why this move seems so scummy now?

It's passive, it's anti-town, and it's not conducive to the BM.

I spent several hours analysing posts when I joined this game and Borno was by far the scummiest. Of course, I may well be wrong and I hope I'm not. Of course, I want the game to move at a little quicker pace and it's fair to say I was perhaps a little too hasty.
And yet, despite your stated regrets, you haven't removed your oppose vote.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

{First time I've seen a 20 page Day 1 active game, with 2 replacements :D

Go teams!}

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Well, if I'm reading things correctly, we have a very large tie right now in the voting. 

D1 is my least favorite day in any game, and even more so in BMs. 

notquitethere is standing out the most to me right now.  He's replaced in for someone that never posted, and currently is tied for fewest posts with IronyOwl, but at least IO has a bit of an established meta for being absent (and said as much at the beginning).  I concur with Captain Ford that I don't like him coming back to the game after almost a full week without posting to oppose an extend, and I look suspiciously at also continuing to keep a vote on a player that can't even respond to his accusations. 

Not to mention that it even looks like he's undermining his own reasons for keeping a vote on borno in reply #215. 

So, please hang, impatient scum. 

[I'm sorry; I want to be posting more, but between work and RL issues it's the best I can manage for now.  Most of you are doing fine-ish by now, just keep up the activity!]

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

(My long post in reply to everyone was just deleted and I don't want to retype everything, so here's the short and sweet version sans quotes)

Unvote.

Ford, I'll wait until Borno's replacement speaks as, looking back, a lot of my problems with Borno could be put down to posting style. Whether my concerns are ill founded will soon become apparent when the replacement turns up. I'll lift my oppose extension if all the replacements haven't had a decent say before the deadline, but we've got a fair bit of time as it is.

Flying Dice, you've got a different style to Remuthra. Remmy voted for Borno, Spaghetti and myself. From my reading of it, the vote on me was a pressure vote, the vote on Borno and the second vote on Spaghetti were made in earnest (though the first spaghetti vote was random). Which of these votes if any do you stand by?

Shakerag, I think I've already explained your concerns. I couldn't post much earlier due to technical difficulties and my playstyle is more patient when I am playing as scum. I dislike day one as well: we've got nothing solid to work with at this stage. If you lynch me and then I flip town, what information will team town have gained?

Deathsword, vote count and time check please.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Currently counting.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-
I'll assume that was intended as the answer to my question. If not, then it answered it anyway and I'm not going to badger over it. If it was, then try to mention the person asking the question by name. Might clear up this latent confusion.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SilverDragon(0):
Onyxjew994(1):IronyOwl
Captain Ford(2):SilverDragon, Flying Dice
borno(0):
notquitethere(2):Captain Ford, Shakerag
Sphagetti7(0):
Flying Dice(1): Onyxjew994
Shakerag(0):
IronyOwl(0):

Not Voting: Sphagetti7, notquitethere, borno (UP FOR REPLACEMENT)

0 vote for extension. 3 needed.

DAY ENDS TODAY, AT 22:00 BRT (GMT-3). THAT'S IN 02:16 HOURS.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:26:28 pm by Deathsword »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Goodness! That's a lot closer than I thought. Withdraw Oppose Extension. I'll wait and see if Spaghetti posts before I break the deadlock. In the meantime, I'm going to reread over Ford's posts: I wouldn't want him to hang if he's not scum.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As much as I hate to say it, Extend. A terribly long Day One is better than a no-lynch.
Greater Collection

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

What the hell is up with that votec- ... Oh.  Damn.  I did miscount. 

[For the record, I dislike having votes from people replacing out still being counted, and I wish it was standard rules that once you replace out you automatically unvote.]

Unvote to avoid a no-lynch. 

Extend

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Votecount update:

SilverDragon(0):
Onyxjew994(1):IronyOwl
Captain Ford(2):SilverDragon, Flying Dice
borno(0):
notquitethere(1):Captain Ford
Sphagetti7(0):
Flying Dice(1): Onyxjew994
Shakerag(0):
IronyOwl(0):

Not Voting: Sphagetti7, notquitethere, Shakerag, borno (UP FOR REPLACEMENT)

2 votes for extension. 3 needed.

DAY ENDS TODAY, AT 22:00 BRT (GMT-3). THAT'S IN 01:24 HOURS.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile

I swear to god I Extended already.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Well looks like you're in the clear again Ford. Hmm... it sure looks like I could easily have got you lynched there if I hadn't withdrawn my extension. Good job for you that I'm not actually convinced you're scum yet.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38