Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38

Author Topic: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Vengeance (SCUM VICTORY)  (Read 85248 times)

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
Re: BM XXXVIV: Arcane Mafia - Day 3: The Cabal Strikes Again
« Reply #495 on: March 25, 2013, 10:32:18 pm »

This is probably my last post for a while. I just wanted to say that I starting to see where NQT is coming from, and I'm not ruling Quad off as scum completely. My vote will stay for now, though.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 26, 2013, 04:46:58 am »

Breaking these up.

Onyx
Tiruin, where did you disappear off to earlier?
Several areas:
1. Sleep.
2. Hobbies like Digital/Graphite art//Writing
3. My local vicinity which includes the neighboring city and farmlands
4. Exercise. Because its boring without a daily job >.>

More importantly, who would you have voted for if you had been here for the lynch?
> TBH, I wouldn't have voted anyone at that point as...well, my playstyle revolves around me getting my own questions and formulating my guesses around what I get in return. Looking at everyone from a spectator viewpoint verges on true neutrality, because I'm basing everything from an objective viewpoint.

Also, Here you say notes about you being worried. Ok, that's understandable. You say your reads and say you're quite possibly wrong, understandable given that there's one scum left.

Mistake (IMO): You don't seem to be solidifying those worries into rights. About your 'mason' (who you think is town) list, how are you going to be assured of their innocence? Press your target, or poke at them.

Quad: Tiruin blinks, then brings out a well-crafted shovel; its handle shining with the reflected lighting of the day, and its tip reflecting your image as well as the gathered others. "This used to be Shakerag's shovel. He used it for hitting people making big mistakes.

"It is mine now."

Now, you make an interesting setup there. Let me poise this: What if NQT turns up town?
Next, you seem to be thinking that your life is important - moreso as your voice is. Now, how you word it all screams town to me, but let me poke at it to clarify.

> You seem like that Lone Wolf kinda girl (heh, reminds me of m'self :P), but there are specific modes of thought when you die for the team. One, teams are teams - if you're going out, then best do it for the team. Don't act like you're the only hope and savior needed for hunting scum, nor should you expect your team to fail.
> COnsider this. What if you were wrong in your target? What if, the very person you think is town is actually scum? You state a very nice
It wouldn't matter if I knew who scum were, I'd be dead.
but the reason behind it is that you have time before dying. People will read over your posts from the yesterday, and derive information from it - leads, reasoning, how you talk with others.

Giving off a cyclic mode of that type of thinking is in general, detrimental to your team. While you may have no say over what they'd do, every person follows some sort of logic. And logic in general is where they'd meet.

Tl;dr: Regardless of whether you value your life or not, you should aim for information - as both town or scum (latter wants to look towny and then twist details, while former needs to search for the right details).

Books of various sizes, all on the topic of WIFOM, toss about as they hit the dirt.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

NQT (look at this too)

{I...think you're seeing WIFOM as something...different.

WIFOM currently goes with the principal of "I know you know this, and you inherently believe me, I don't have to tell you this because you know you believe me. Now, would you believe me if I told you this?"

What is being presented is a blatant case of conjunctions. Either/Or. Someone states he's town - what's that supposed to mean? Nothing. Or probably stating a "maybe" clause? That's also not WIFOM but something to ponder upon. In that scenario where bussing is meant - what you should look for is how that person posted his wording. How, say, they talked with each other. If there were any ulterior motives given. What you shouldn't talk about is to point it out as WIFOM from there, then debate the case. It ruins the whole mode of thought. IMO, Only say its WIFOM after presenting a compelling case - if disagreement happens, or if conclusive evidence doesn't match up.}

@Quad: {Try to avoid the interrogative-contradictive style of questioning :P, it doesn't help those who are paranoid...like me. First sign I got when reading your post was 'Wth? She be scumming this up?'}

Lastly,
=snip'd last part of post in relation to NK=
I blam this with the label of WIFOM.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 26, 2013, 05:02:12 am »

Oh, and Unvote.

@NQT: If crowd wisdom was a thing, then there'd never be any mislynches, right? I'll repeat the same question I turned to Quad: What if the other was lynched, and turned up town? What would you do?

This is an appeal to people's perspectives. Everyone sees things with different viewpoints - some, more skewed or more open than others.

This really caught my eye.

Quote from: Now onto your suspicions
Shakerag/Tiruin combo have been mostly level-headed and investigative. But they're more experienced, so maybe we shouldn't read too much into this. Unless I missed it, no one has ever had a vote against Shakerag/Tiruin. Well, maybe they're both active-lurking masters.
Spoiler: My response (click to show/hide)

Now, I've seen the rest of your results and they are quite understandable and reasonable. But still, you're basing most of your reads solely on votes.

Not a good thing.

Listen to the Iron Owl. Votes cannot be the main case in determining who is scum, in most occasions. Its in the essence of their posts. Questions along: "Why would he/she do this?" or "Are you joking me? [THIS] doesn't make any sense! Explain why..." would be good determinants.

often scummy people avoid getting lynched because they don't get enough votes on them at the right time.
I guess this is one of your main reasons? While it is technically true, the reason people vote other people is due to how they post and the suspicion given by their post. If it would make sense, to be blunt. {I see you dueling with Quad over your argument. Quad/NQT: try to summarize your points in a list form, or in a short paragraph-ish way. Poke at the pertinent and major points, not those which you feel are vague (though, you can just say what they are if you think they are still important.)}

Evidence-based case against Quadressence
(In which I look at the Borno-Remuthra connection)
-snip-
You seem to be missing several cases of which, while the reads were given, they had explanations with them.

Also, that was a nice summary. Now onto the explanations, how do these entail that Quad is scum? Death by relation?

@Quad:
I don't think being bandwagoned is a(s) scummy.
Varies, it is or it isn't if based on the reasons of the people behind it. {You can't just handwaive it off like that}

TWS
Tiruin: Are you going to remove that pressure vote? The only reasoning that accompanied that vote was asking him if he was going to press people. Sure, not pressuring people could be seen as scummy, but a) he's said repeatedly he's busy and b) he's not been very confident the whole way through. Are you really more suspicious of him than anyone else?
Currently, no. That was pressure.

You voting NQT solely because your questions were missed? Why are you?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 26, 2013, 05:09:32 am »

I want everyone to point out I suspected Quadressence before I died. Bla bla bla! Also, stupid WIFOM stuff.
I get it.
I don't think you do, because if you did I don't think you'd be this defensive and self-centered. I don't care if you're scum anymore. I care that everyone in the game improves their scumhunting ability.

But apparently being vague is causing problems, so let me be specific: I'm not convinced you're working on learning more about NQT's alignment. You're trying to pressure him over the WIFOM thing, but that's all and it's laden with "OH NO YOU DID-N'T" overtones.

Are you pressuring him to learn more about him, or just trying to retaliate for what he's done?

Also, statements are fine. As proof, look how I totally responded to his accusations that were totally not questions. What you really need are examples. Examples could really help.
They can sometimes be passable, but they're lazy and indirect. Note that you responded to at least one question to someone else also, but that doesn't mean you're just as likely to or would feel the same pressure as if it'd been a question to you directly. Also note that it was an answer you found useful to give, rather than necessarily what the person asking it wanted or had in mind.

I can't say anything about the plausibility of the hypothetical thought process you outlined. I never thought that way, but me saying this is obviously not very compelling in and of itself.
As a minor quibble, you might want to be a bit more assertive here. The second sentence is true, but you might want to preface it with "No, but..." as opposed to "I cannot comment on this matter."

Evidence-based case against Quadressence
Much better. Links to those posts and maybe examples of some of your more general statements would be even better, presentation-wise.

However, you still don't appear to be asking her (or anyone else) any questions, other than "here's mine, where's yours?" You've mentioned that questioning targets is fruitful, and gotten some useful data by digging up past conversations, but you haven't asked anything new yourself in quite some time.

Ninja'd and partially obsoleted by Tiruin, but still worth repeating, I think.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 26, 2013, 05:13:45 am »

Ninja'd and partially obsoleted by Tiruin, but still worth repeating, I think.
^ does a better job than I ever could.  :P

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 26, 2013, 06:05:42 am »

Tiruin
@NQT: If crowd wisdom was a thing, then there'd never be any mislynches, right?
I could equally say, if crowd wisdom wasn't a thing, scum would never be lynched. Tellingly, when IronyOwl was mislynched he still had had fewer votes against him by fewer people than Borno/Quad have accrued throughout the game. (And need I point out that if Borno is scum, then Quad by extension must be scum.) If you think that traditional scum hunting can be get positive results, then I'm struggling to see your problem with me taking the collective results of the scum hunting of three confirmed town folk.

I'll repeat the same question I turned to Quad: What if the other was lynched, and turned up town? What would you do?
Well I'd be a bit annoyed with myself and I'd try to work out where I went wrong. But then it would be LYLO and if I was still alive then I'd have only two targets and so hopefully it wouldn't be too difficult to work out which one was the scum. The greater difficulty might be in convincing the only other surviving town member of my case (and my own innocence).

Owl
However, you still don't appear to be asking her (or anyone else) any questions, other than "here's mine, where's yours?" You've mentioned that questioning targets is fruitful, and gotten some useful data by digging up past conversations, but you haven't asked anything new yourself in quite some time.
This is a fair point. I wanted to finish looking back on the info we've already got from old conversations before taking my time up with new stuff. Still, it wouldn't hurt:

Onyx
Your precursor, The Soldier, thought Nerjin (an earlier version of Sheep) was pretty suspicious. Looking back, what do you think of his read and does it still hold true for Sheep?

Quad
I don't want to mislynch you, but you're not exactly instilling me with confidence. You're predeccesor Borno still had his more town-like moments and my mind is by no means ultimately settled. Say it comes down to LYLO and it's you, TheWetSheep and Tiruin left (uh, let's say town lynched me and scum lynched Onyx): who do you suspect the most and why?

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 26, 2013, 10:40:34 am »

Oh look, I found the time for one quick reply before I go.
Tiruin:
TWS
Tiruin: Are you going to remove that pressure vote? The only reasoning that accompanied that vote was asking him if he was going to press people. Sure, not pressuring people could be seen as scummy, but a) he's said repeatedly he's busy and b) he's not been very confident the whole way through. Are you really more suspicious of him than anyone else?
Currently, no. That was pressure.

You voting NQT solely because your questions were missed? Why are you?
No. If you'll read my previous posts, you'll see my suspicion of NQT spattered through them. Don't have time to link them, but they're there. In fact, you asked why, when I FoS'd him, I didn't vote him instead.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 26, 2013, 08:29:04 pm »

NotQuiteThere
Onyx
Your precursor, The Soldier, thought Nerjin (an earlier version of Sheep) was pretty suspicious. Looking back, what do you think of his read and does it still hold true for Sheep?
I went through his posts and didn't really see anything major concerning that. Would you mind finding the post?

Tiruin
Onyx
Also, Here you say notes about you being worried. Ok, that's understandable. You say your reads and say you're quite possibly wrong, understandable given that there's one scum left.

Mistake (IMO): You don't seem to be solidifying those worries into rights. About your 'mason' (who you think is town) list, how are you going to be assured of their innocence? Press your target, or poke at them.
Mind clarifying on 'solidifying your worries into rights'. I seem to be misunderstanding that one. As for how I am assured of their innocence, gut feeling mostly. Clean reads for the rest. No true certainty, just an understanding that there are more scummy people to be picked at.

Sheep
OnyxJew: Say that tomorrow you're alive in LyLo with me and Quad. What would you do?
Hmmm... I would do a lot more searching than previously into you two, as obviously I was wrong, but I think the majority of it would be on Quad.
Reasons in a dotted list,
  • More people seem to be suspicious of her.
  • Twice tried to find something to pick at about you, miserable failure in both cases. Really need to work on that.
  • General feeling that process of elimination means she is scummier out of the two.
More substantial evidence is not available and, I believe, is not really necessary at this time. I still believe it is either Tiruin or NQT.

More complete post on the morrow.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 27, 2013, 08:02:51 am »

Onyx
NotQuiteThere
Onyx
I went through his posts and didn't really see anything major concerning that. Would you mind finding the post?
The suspicions really begin here:

Nerjin: Do you intend to use your early hunting to coast through today? Even your most recent vote for superBlast came with no question, no pressure. Why?

Reads:
Nerjin: I'd feel a lot better about him if I saw some content from him. He's done basically no hunting since he voted for Remuthra way back here. Looks to be activelurking scum in my book.

He continues the pressure here:

No vote and no pressure because I felt I had said everythingthing that could be said at that point. Plus after that was a weekend and I had other things to do. I like mafia, but not enough to sacrifice my social life.

As for scum-hunting no one has said anything that really sticks out to me. I suppose that does set up a case for active-lurking so I can understand where you're coming from my friend, however I would contend that I post fairly frequently and handle the small to moderate amount of posts that happen when I am absent.

But you do raise an excellent point, I should ask a question. Why do you Soldier switch votes so often? Is it for pressure? Seems rather risky this late in the day.
First of all, LurkerTracker says I've changed vote targets a total of 4 times, and so have most of the other players in the game, including you. The basis for your question is either unfounded or you should be grilling everyone else about it too.

But to answer your question, yes, it's for pressure. I have completely consistent internet access and knowledge of when I'm able to use the computer, so I won't get caught off-guard by day end. Might as well gather as much info as possible.

Also, it's not a question of your number of posts, it's a question of your usefulness to the town. About half of your posts contain no hunting whatsoever. My lesser scum suspects (Remu, Spaghetti, superBlast/Captain Ford by proxy) have at least attempted to appear helpful. You just haven't done much of anything, really.

And confirms his suspicions after I posted my own initial reads:

It's worth noting that Nerjin posted in his other mafia games today with content, but not this one. This does bad things to his town points.

NQT: Good reads, and I agree with them for the most part. Would personally rank Nerjin as scummier, however.

His next post after this was to request replacement, immediately after Nerjin's own request. His final vote was on Nerjin and he only unvoted because he replacing out.

I've got to ask, how could you not see these suspicions, Onyx?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 27, 2013, 10:30:05 am »

The Nerjin/Remuthra Connection
In which I give my promised analysis of Nerjin and Remuthra's interactions to help establish just how suspicious we should be of TheWetSheep.

Their first interaction is a softball question from Nerjin:
@Remuthra: You seem to be enjoying yourself. Do you feel that superBlast is merely putting on airs and trying to buddy or is he simply jovial?

If Nerjin were scum, this would be a nice beginning to setting up Superblast as the fall guy. Remuthra's next few posts don't answer the question, and then:

First off, Remuthra, you seem to worry about getting killed. Scum don't wanna die really badly, you know? Since there is so few of them, death affects them a hell a lot more then townies. That's the reason you wanna stay alive right?

I'm not picking on you, I'm really not, but this is flawed logic. No one wants to die in this game. It's similar to being a politician and getting elected. All the good intentions in the world do you no favors if you're dead [or not elected for the metaphor.] When someone is threatened with death they will try to put up a defense. This defense is how we actually catch the scum.
Then Nerjin stands up for Remuthra against Superblast (a now confirmed town member). On its own this isn't too suspicious as he makes a fair point. Will we find anything worse?

Their next interaction is Nerjin's speedy reply to Remuthra's newbie question:

By the way, what does WIFOM stand for?
Wine in front of me. Check common abbrevitions under the OP.

Note that Nerjin never follows up his initial question to Remuthra that went unanswered.

Then comes Remuthra's Ultimate Scum Tell, where he says he's going to kick back and let everyone else do the hard work:
Not too experienced with the subtleties of random voting, and I personally trust you to be town, so I'm cool to just sit here until I see something suspicious.

Nerjin posts immediately afterwards, starting with a small attack on Superblast:
First off... man I hate not using edit.
Quote from: Superblast
First off, Remuthra, you seem to worry about getting killed. Scum don't wanna die really badly, you know? Since there is so few of them, death affects them a hell a lot more then townies. That's the reason you wanna stay alive right?
No, the reason is I played in the SC2 version, and it wasn't the best community. You got lynched a lot for arbitrary reasons, and nobody likes randomly being killed.
Seriously? That's kinda stupid... I mean the reasons part, not the not wanting to die part. Also i have no idea what SC2 is... well if it's not important then don't worry explaining it to me. Anyways your off the hook from me for now, back to random voting.

"That's a stupid reason. I'm going to unvote you." Doesn't make sense to me.
(I've tried to neaten up the broken quote pyramid from the original. Let me know if I made a mistake here.)

He doesn't then change his vote to Remuthra or anything like that, but rather he gives Remmie some play advice:

Not too experienced with the subtleties of random voting, and I personally trust you to be town, so I'm cool to just sit here until I see something suspicious.

I refuse to allow this. Lurking doesn't help. You need to pressure those who have not said anything and put even MORE pressure on those who have. Now for that answer me a question: Why do you trust him to be town so early in the game? Do you truly believe lurking will help? What exactly did he say to convince you of his town-ness.

Remmie answers his questions this time:
I refuse to allow this. Lurking doesn't help. You need to pressure those who have not said anything and put even MORE pressure on those who have. Now for that answer me a question: Why do you trust him to be town so early in the game? Do you truly believe lurking will help? What exactly did he say to convince you of his town-ness
First, I would like to point out that was three separate questions.
1. Not quite sure but he seems pretty trustworthy at this stage. That could definately change later.
2. No, but badly formed accusations won't help much either.

But since you insist, hey Spaghetti. How would you best keep the scum from targetting you?

Nerjin replies, giving some helpful advice:

I refuse to allow this. Lurking doesn't help. You need to pressure those who have not said anything and put even MORE pressure on those who have. Now for that answer me a question: Why do you trust him to be town so early in the game? Do you truly believe lurking will help? What exactly did he say to convince you of his town-ness
First, I would like to point out that was three separate questions.
1. Not quite sure but he seems pretty trustworthy at this stage. That could definately change later.
2. No, but badly formed accusations won't help much either.

But since you insist, hey Spaghetti. How would you best keep the scum from targetting you?

Why is he trustworthy? It's a simple question my friend. I understand the first day jitters. Just try to actually answer the question alright? Some people may take that as evasive. You need to be specific, preferable quoting the posts.

It's less of a badly formed accusation and more of a prod into what you should be doing already. Simply a saying "A is B." get's no one anywhere. You need to back up all assertions with "A is B because C."

This isn't a good stance, Remuthra. In a game like this, the only way to be sure of someone else's alignment is to be scum. You also can't just wait for scum to fall into your lap or make a slip; when are you going to start hunting?
PPE: Ninja by Nerjin, but my question remains.]
Double ninja'd, actually. And it's not so much sure of alignment. It's a temporary stance, similar to others taken previously.

Fixed that for ya. Now, I'd like to point out that you have sort've hunted for scum but you need to be more forceful. Think of it as a pyramid. At the base EVERYONE is suspect. Then you narrow out a few based on evidence, then a few more, then you grill someone until they either break or assuage your suspicion. What happens from there is obvious.

Yes. Why so evasive?
I'm not being evasive, I thought your other question was just another way of saying be more serious.
And no, not really.

(SC2 stands for starcraft 2, by the way.)

As I understand it he asked "When are you going to start hunting?" to which you STILL have not provided an answer.
I've highlighted a line where Nerjin seems to go beyond newb-friendly light-pressure to apologism territory.

Then there's a series of clarificatory exchanges:

As I understand it he asked "When are you going to start hunting?" to which you STILL have not provided an answer
He never asked me that.

This isn't a good stance, Remuthra. In a game like this, the only way to be sure of someone else's alignment is to be scum. You also can't just wait for scum to fall into your lap or make a slip; when are you going to start hunting?
PPE: Ninja by Nerjin, but my question remains.

PPE: Ninja by Nerjin, but my question remains.
That one is made invalid because in the post above it I started hunting.

(going to bed now, don't kill me in my sleep)
Finally, Nerjin has enough:

Unvote

Remuthra That is not gonna fly. You avoided the question because it was invalid? Earlier stating that it was never asked at all? I find that unbelievable. Get your story straight before you start trying to get me to believe it.
Could this possibly be distancing? Let's see if he keeps up the pressure.

And then:

Remuthra @ 69:  [What part of "no edits" was unclear in the rules?]
... Didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Doesn't he get mod-killed for this?
Curious level of concern? Odd attempted mod-bus? Or just a null tell?

A few pages later though, after Remuthra has said no new thing, he unvotes to vote the completely inactive Lord Al:

Unvote

Lord Allagon to borrow some language "Get your ass off the lurk-train and onto the forum."

Lurking doesn't help anyone. Maybe you think you'll hide in the back and let everyone else hunt scum for you but that doesn't help anyone. You signed up for mafia, I bid ye to at least say hello to us all.
Could this be masking the removal of suspicion from Remuthra by making a reasonable looking pressure vote?

Shakerag rightly pulls him up on this:
Nerjin:  [If you have time to poke at lurkers, you have time to poke at active players too.]

While true I feel I've done rather well with the active players. So far nothing is striking me and I'd like, nay desire, nay need, nay demand more input from those who haven't at this point.
And Nerjin clearly implies that Remuthra isn't scummy, forgetting his earlier vote.

Shakerag keeps up the pressure, and Nerjin evades:
And so you're just going to wait for the scumslips to fall into your lap?  While resting a (presumably) pressure vote on a lurker?  I know you've got some experience under your belt, so what do you think of me calling you out as activelurking scum, Nerjin?

I think you don't truly believe it as I have been rather active and scum-hunting. I think that you're putting that vote on me in order to try to get me to slip up and say something damning.
(Tiruin, what do you think of this exchange?)

Townmember Spaghetti joins the hunt:
Alright Nerjin, if you feel you've done well against the "active" players, give me your read on them, and reasons.

And Shakerag isn't having any of Nerjin's nonsense:
And, so ... what?  You're going to take a break from that now?  Established some scum hunting up front so you can activelurk the rest of the day away? 

You can "demand" that lurkers post in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up faster.  In a situation in which nothing is striking me, I start asking everyone questions

Nerjin finally gives his reads, assembling his mis-case on Superblast, while stating Remmy's probable guilt (and doing nothing about it).
Superblast: Likely either scum or flailing newblet. I say this because he keeps tossing out WIFOM and while I’m not sure which it is, gauging by his behavior in the previous BM [as short as he was] I’m leaning towards Scum. I’m also getting a vibe of him trying to play himself as a victim. Pathological appeal and whatnot. More recently he’s begun to appeal a LOT more via emotional methods. I am always distrustful of emotional appeals.

Remuthra: Far too evasive to be a coincidence. He may actually just not have been paying attention but I’m leaning towards scum as well. As I’ve stated before his ignoring of a question because it was ‘invalid’ is unforgivable. The more I think of it the more scum he appears. Also NO EDITS!!!
Honesty or pre-lynch distancing?

Remuthra apologises:
Again, sorry, I really should have read things more thoroughly. And I am trying to hunt.

And then proceeds to vote for the still-inactive Lord Al, a safe choice:
Lord Al, when should you remove your vote, and when should you press?

Most interestingly, who does Remuthra give his greatest praise to in his list of tells?
Alright then. Here's my suspicions list.
Me- Not sure, pretty suspicious and evasive... [/sarcasm]
Shake- Null, not really posting much.
Nerjin- leaning town, being good and hunting and all that
Irony- leaning town, see above
superBlast- null
Soldier- leaning scum, because so focused on getting me lynched instead of asking questions
Borno- null
LA- leaning scum, because of inactivity combined with being active elsewhere
Spaghetti- null
He paints my wholly inactive predeccessor Lord Al and most-town-like-player The Soldier as 'leaning scum', while saying that Nerjin is 'leaning town, being good and hunting and all that'! I should stress the Remuthra was not a sophisticated player. I think he might have given the game away here.

Again, Nerjin takes a softly-softly approach to Remuthra:
Again, sorry, I really should have read things more thoroughly. And I am trying to hunt.

No one's gonna get on you if you don't post right away. Take your time to look over your posts and read everything carefully.

Remuthra then leaves Nerjin out of his 'lean list':
Lean List
SB- scum, too much WIFOM, not much good hunting
Irony- town, seems solid, needs to post more
Shakerag- town, seems solid
Spaghetti- slight scum
Soldier- slight town

Both Remuthra and Nerjin leave the game shortly after this with no further interaction. The short lived Flying Dice replaces Remuthra, and Silver Dragon replaces Nerjin. FD sends a gentle question to Silver:

Silver: Care to give us your own little list of suspicions, once you've had a chance to read over the thread?
We should always be suspicious when scum goes overly easy on a player.

Later:
Silver: Still waiting on your list of suspicions. Or anything, really. Why haven't you been posting? I just checked, and you've been online today at the very least.

Irony, NQT: Wake up. Please.
FD pokes Irony and myself broadly, but singles out Silver specifically. An urgent plea for a scumbuddy to appear?

Silver Dice never posts, and TheWetSheep appeared after Spaghetti, Onyx and myself lynched Flying Dice.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 27, 2013, 10:31:21 am »

Contrary to some scum-hunters, I embrace doubt. I know that I am infallible. My reads can only improve with rigorous examination of the evidence. My first glance at Borno alone drew Borno up as moderately suspicious. This second examination of the record, against Nerjin (and by extension, TheWetSheep), is much much more damning.

Why was Remuthra Nerjin's buddy, Sheep?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 27, 2013, 04:40:19 pm »

Day ends today at 22:00 BRT

TheWetSheep(1):TheWetSheep
Onyxjew994(0):
Quadressence(0):
notquitethere(2):Quadressence, TheWetSheep
Tiruin(0):

Not Voting: Onyxjew994, Tiruin

0 to extend
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 04:42:36 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 27, 2013, 06:54:19 pm »

I really don't to drag this debacle out any longer. I think the best thing now is just to let you guys lynch me and then take my analysis seriously when I'm a dead town member.

Look at the votes, see yourself how your fellow survivors interacted with known scum and known town and don't let yourselves be manipulated.

Oppose Extension.

Good night and good luck

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 27, 2013, 07:17:56 pm »

You might want to keep your case more concise, for two reasons.

One, it's easier to read. People are less likely to skip, skim, or misunderstand a nice, short case than they are a long one.

Two, it's clearer what exactly you're trying to say. Anyone can list every scummy thing someone has ever done, but "they have done scummy things" isn't necessarily a convincing argument, and a better one can get swallowed up by that sort of thing.

Also, dying on purpose tends to be highly detrimental to your team. You're nowhere near unsalvageable, meaning you're much better off continuing to accomplish what you can, rather than just giving up and hoping things work out better next time.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 27, 2013, 07:28:39 pm »

Hah! I give a concise read and you say quotes and links would be better, I give quotes and links and you say a concise read would be better! Okay, maybe I should have spoilered some of the above- I was documenting my own journey of discovery as it happened.

The Super Concise version:

Sheep, Tiruin or Quad is scum.
Tiruin's precursor Shakerag was very critical of Scum Remuthra
Quad's precursor Borno had a mixed record
Sheep's precursor Nerjin was buddy-buddy with Scum Remuthra.

Scum Remuthra even went so far as to compliment Nerjin as being the best of the town.

Conclusion: Sheep is probably scum.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38