Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Galactic Conquest. (Applications Closed)  (Read 2113 times)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Galactic Conquest. (Applications Closed)
« on: February 11, 2013, 11:19:40 pm »

Hi, I decided to make a God game. It's simple(ish), you're the god of a specific race which has recently become a multiplanetary empire. 5 people to start off with, maybe more will be added later. First come First serve.
Application: God Name
                 Sphere
                 Race Name and Description
                 Race Stats

Race Stats Explanation:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
If you want, you can give a name and description for your planets, but it's not required.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:50:40 pm by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Conquest. (Accepting Applications)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 11:36:15 pm »

Reserved.

(( Will it include NPC factions or player only? ))

God name : Iarmhéid
Sphere : Balance through peace or holy war.
Race name : Solas
Description : The Solas are a strange people, they worship Iarmhéid the god of balance and believe that all life in all of existence should be brought into that balance to live in peace, when that peace is threatened though the Solas military arm the knights of Dawn take over, these men and women are the fiercest and most devoted servants of Iarmhéid and will use any means to preserve balance, including wiping entire species from existence to preserve the balance of the rest.
The knights of Dawn are extremely heavily armed and possess highly advanced technology.
The Solas have pale blue skin and bright yellow eyes, stand at 6-8 Ft tall and are extensively muscled due to a strict regime of martial exercises aimed at developing inner peace.
They are humanoid in nature but have clawed hands, fanged teeth and flame red hair.

Race stats
Population : 5
Planets : 10 ( 5 inner colony )
Tech : 19
Soldier : 10
Vehicle : 6

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:58:13 pm by mesor »

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 11:38:48 pm »

Player only
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 11:42:35 pm »

Hmm, reserved as well, sounds interesting, and a lot less complicated than the empire game I was putting together that kinda fell apart

This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 11:45:04 pm »

Actual entry:

God Name: Heywa
Sphere: Alchemy and/or Experimentation
Race: The Rynosian Dragons. A rhinocerous-like race with multiple mouths but no specific manipulatory appendages. They fly by means of gas sacks and small wings. They extrude a deadly toxin. They are easily addicted to certain substances, such as the unusual spices found on their homeworld. They are an all-male race--they generate a new generation with artificial wombs and such. Their origin is a mystery - even their supposed world of origin doesn't seem to be their homeworld. Their world of origin is desolate, resource-rich, has many moons, and is known for being incredibly polluted. Rynosian dragons are great alchemists and live in a democratic empire.
Race Stats:
Population: 7
Planets: 6 (2 each inner and outer worlds)
Tech: 16
Soldiers: 9
Vehicles: 11
(I'm imagining that each 5 or so Population Points is actually only one Dragon.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 11:55:50 pm »

Done.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 12:01:09 am »

God name: Riktos
sphere:War and Knowledge(think Athena)
Race:Fortrosans: A race of smallish, 4 armed, furry mammalians that have a surprising amount of physical strength for their size, even given the 4 arms. They existed in the past as a tribal society, fiercely guarding their territory from their neighbors, and the several large predators their homeworld had that loved the taste of Fortrosan meat. This led them to view skill in battle and military prowess as very important to their survival, and their leaders were always the ones with the most luck in battle, whether from conquering the neighboring tribe or eliminating a nest of vroshtok. Eventually, an especially strong leader united all the tribes, and modern Fortrosan society was born....
Population 15
Planets 8(3 inner colonies 2 outer)
Tech 10
Soldiers 10
Vehicles 7
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:27:21 am by tryrar »
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 12:20:52 am »

Do the Fortrosans have any legs?

Also, it just occurred to me that Jbg97, alias Mutare, alias Jebyg, is running this. I'd better watch out...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 12:23:11 am »

.....yeas they have legs. think of them to be similar to Spidermonkey(if you watch Ben 10)

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 12:25:00 am »

tyrar, you spent 8 points on planets, but only have 2 of each type. You can have 2 more Outer colonies, 1 more Inner colony, or put the extra 2 points somewhere else.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 12:27:00 am »

whoops one more inner colony then

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 02:56:07 am »

God Name:Haze
Sphere:Heat(and Fire naturally)
Race Name and Description:Burning humanoids with 4 arms and two legs. Tend to have large families lead to a horde. Their high body temperature lead to a low techs level.
Race Stats:
Population 20
Planets 5(1 inner, 3 outer)
Tech 2
Soldier Population 15
Vehicle Population 8
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:22:46 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 04:23:59 pm »

Their high body temperature lead to a low techs level.
Why?
Sig

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 04:35:27 pm »

Actual entry:

God Name: Heywa
Sphere: Alchemy and/or Experimentation
Race: The Rynosian Dragons. A rhinocerous-like race with multiple mouths but no specific manipulatory appendages. They fly by means of gas sacks and small wings. They extrude a deadly toxin. They are easily addicted to certain substances, such as the unusual spices found on their homeworld. They are an all-male race--they generate a new generation with artificial wombs and such. Their origin is a mystery - even their supposed world of origin doesn't seem to be their homeworld. Their world of origin is desolate, resource-rich, has many moons, and is known for being incredibly polluted. Rynosian dragons are great alchemists and live in a democratic empire.
Race Stats:
Population: 7
Planets: 6 (2 each inner and outer worlds)
Tech: 16
Soldiers: 9
Vehicles: 11
(I'm imagining that each 5 or so Population Points is actually only one Dragon.)
+1

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 04:54:01 pm »

Their high body temperature lead to a low techs level.
Why?
Computers don't handle heat well. Plus a lot of other tech stuff. (Plus go with it.)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: [1] 2 3