Advanced search  

Poll

Placeholder

- 2 (25%)
- 2 (25%)
- 4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40

Author Topic: You are the Head of a Hydra Series (OOC/Applications)(Potentially being revived)  (Read 57142 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are the head of a hydra. (OOC/Applications)
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2013, 12:55:30 am »

I didn't want it too sound erotic, so I tryed to write it like I was a father from the 90's, ruffling up your hair as you go to play football on the street.
Who said it was, it sounded exactly like that, but I'm just saying; wouldn't I technically be the father.....Kinda.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2013, 01:32:37 am »

I suppose but due to your character You would be the father but I would be basically the carer.
But yeah you're right about the father thing.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2013, 04:13:04 am »

Got a few fun ideas, roll to pick?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Few questions:
Are we aiming for a hydra of many heads or a hydra of fewer heads? What happens if we regrow a head without a player around to man it, or otherwise run out of heads?
If fewer, would it work to have us all pool our head ideas and pick randomly between them, (or that kind of deal)?
Meta-gaming a bit here: you may have to come up with a more significant deterrence to cutting off heads. Imaginary pain might not be worth enough in/of itself.

How exactly does regen work? Do we heal cuts as well or only full dismemberment? How fast is the process?

I doubt clearing rolls during combat'd work, so can we have standing orders for combat? Thinking of situations like: hero hydra tries to block for another head (he likes).
Also: more personality-based modifiers! I like those!
Also: Priest-on-priest combat prior to priest-on-hydra combat.

-edit
@cyberurist: If I get the copy-cat head, I'm guessing you're at the fourth Cuil lvl?

-edit
@javier: Precisely!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 06:57:21 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2013, 04:17:01 am »

Oh boy! Stupidity based rolls! Just what we need!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2013, 08:12:35 am »

I do think the pain thing may be not quite enough, my head at least just doesn't care.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2013, 08:37:48 am »

Can we please have the turn number stated in title, along with the number of heads?

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2013, 11:57:31 am »

"Hi Walton, my name is F.Y.R. have we met?"
"I don't believe Walton and You have met formerly.... Aldough we are part of each odder"

Woah... That sounds like some pretty smart talk for your character. I would be thinking:

"Walton don't think Walton met you before... Even though we part of each odder."

"Uhhhh
Greetings the one who speaks enigmas, friendship is a gift that accepting will give me pleasure, In body's joined and ideas shared we shall have a friendship that will transcend hamburgers and time, do you have a name poetic one?"

"My name is Jimmie-Bob. A wizard flies into a house. Several children are launched, screaming."
damm it derm

Also, what?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 12:01:14 pm by CyberUrist »
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2013, 12:30:53 pm »

Oops, I used the letter 'I'..... That makes me smart! This is madness!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2013, 12:31:47 pm »

You Monster!

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2013, 12:33:12 pm »

You Monster!
now I shall lament in a corner, and forsake the forum....

It's hard to be stupid.....

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2013, 02:06:36 pm »

Few questions:
1) Are we aiming for a hydra of many heads or a hydra of fewer heads?
2) What happens if we regrow a head without a player around to man it, or otherwise run out of heads?
3) If fewer, would it work to have us all pool our head ideas and pick randomly between them, (or that kind of deal)?
4) Meta-gaming a bit here: you may have to come up with a more significant deterrence to cutting off heads. Imaginary pain might not be worth enough in/of itself.
5) How exactly does regen work? Do we heal cuts as well or only full dismemberment? How fast is the process?

6) I doubt clearing rolls during combat'd work, so can we have standing orders for combat? Thinking of situations like: hero hydra tries to block for another head (he likes).
6-1)Also: more personality-based modifiers! I like those!
6-2)Also: Priest-on-priest combat prior to priest-on-hydra combat.
1) Depends on what you are trying to do.
2) I'll have an idea on what to do, but due to the amount on the waitlist, it is unlikely that we will run out anytime soon.
3) Heads regrow in the order their applications were put in.
4) In and of itself, having more heads means that in order to have action be performed, there is less likely of a chance that there will be a majority agree upon, which is required to have the main body move.
5) If the cut is lethal, besides for the main body (stomach, heart, guts, etc [not legs or tail]) the parts will wither off to their base and regrow with twice as much, with the same mechanic applied to full dismemberment.  That is why this hydra has three left legs, but only two right, and two tails.
6) Can you be more specific?
6-1) I'll try to utilize more, if I can remember.
6-2) That turn's combat happened so quickly that there wouldn't have been much time for Walton's priests to react.  If it continued for another turn, there would have been some of that type of combat.

Can we please have the turn number stated in title, along with the number of heads?

Why do I need either of these?  The thread is (nearly) entirely player actions, and I have turn links in the second post, and I don't see the point of stating the number of heads.

Applications have been added to the waitlist.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2013, 05:07:02 pm »

snip
1) Depends on what you are trying to do.
2) I'll have an idea on what to do, but due to the amount on the waitlist, it is unlikely that we will run out anytime soon.
3) Heads regrow in the order their applications were put in.
4) In and of itself, having more heads means that in order to have action be performed, there is less likely of a chance that there will be a majority agree upon, which is required to have the main body move.
5) If the cut is lethal, besides for the main body (stomach, heart, guts, etc [not legs or tail]) the parts will wither off to their base and regrow with twice as much, with the same mechanic applied to full dismemberment.  That is why this hydra has three left legs, but only two right, and two tails.
6) Can you be more specific?
6-1) I'll try to utilize more, if I can remember.
6-2) That turn's combat happened so quickly that there wouldn't have been much time for Walton's priests to react.  If it continued for another turn, there would have been some of that type of combat.

1. I mean, what are you aiming for as a gm? If we get out of hand with the number of concurrent players, will you introduce a few CC flaming-axe-wielding adventurers or will you just let us wing it at a 20-head conversation? If CC, around what number?

2. Fair enough.

3. Fair enough.

4. Mm, that might also be a bit underwhelming- the desire to have a cohesive plan is only shared by some of the heads after all. It's a dicey situation and a poorly implemented plan could be horrible, but some form of punishment for the RL players may be required if the situation warrants. :\ your call.

5. What about standard lacerations/superficial damage? Do we have a troll's regen or do random cuts, broken bones & bruises stick around for a normal amount of time?

6. Standing orders; If I get attacked, I drop what I'm doing and retaliate with lethal force.
If walton is attacked, I side with him with non-lethal force.
If I engage in inter-head fighting, I go straight for their priests.

etc, orders for your combat dice rolls which both enable our characters do what we wanted to in combat and also free you from clearing the combat order with us first.
Here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_order
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2013, 06:33:48 pm »

1. I mean, what are you aiming for as a gm? If we get out of hand with the number of concurrent players, will you introduce a few CC flaming-axe-wielding adventurers or will you just let us wing it at a 20-head conversation? If CC, around what number?

4. Mm, that might also be a bit underwhelming- the desire to have a cohesive plan is only shared by some of the heads after all. It's a dicey situation and a poorly implemented plan could be horrible, but some form of punishment for the RL players may be required if the situation warrants. :\ your call.

5. What about standard lacerations/superficial damage? Do we have a troll's regen or do random cuts, broken bones & bruises stick around for a normal amount of time?

6. Standing orders; If I get attacked, I drop what I'm doing and retaliate with lethal force.
If walton is attacked, I side with him with non-lethal force.
If I engage in inter-head fighting, I go straight for their priests.

etc, orders for your combat dice rolls which both enable our characters do what we wanted to in combat and also free you from clearing the combat order with us first.
Here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_order

1) It will be 'wing it at a 20-head conversation' unless the players manage to sufficiently annoy townsfolk to warrant them sending an adventuring party after you, which will depend on how far the annoyance has gone.
4) I would think that the best laid of plans going awry due being to just one head short of agreeing at a critical moment would be sufficient enough punishment.
5) Regular healing rate.
6) People would need to post those if one head decides to attack another.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2013, 07:43:01 pm »

:/ mk. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Also: my name is misspelled on the application.

-edit
ty
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 09:46:25 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2013, 12:16:13 am »

Head name: Ouroboro
Personality fluff: Creepy as fuck. If you wake up and your face is a bit wet, you didn't drool, Ouroboro was licking you. If you feel like someone is watching you, it's Ouroboro. If you had some money in your backpocket but now it is gone, it's Ouroboro. If you had some sleeping pills and now they are gone, it's Ouroboro. His secret desire it to make every living thing uncomfortable at least once.
Can't you make a character that might get along with mine?
Just once?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 40