Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1743653 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!
« Reply #19950 on: September 08, 2015, 05:00:28 am »

Belgium would have an adorable 14 years old Queen. Most of the world would be safe due to having proper distinction between head of states and head of government.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19951 on: September 08, 2015, 05:06:44 am »

Hey, so we can exchange an airport that's never going to be finished against housing for immigrants? Sounds like a great deal to me.
What the hell are you talking about?
There's an airport being built near (in? I can never tell in the area near the Berlin border) Berlin which is… I don't know how much overdue, but it's already a running joke here so it's long enough, already having cost around a billion (10^9) more than was originally predicted. It's not the only project of that kind.

I wonder if LW ever considered that the huge raise in immigration under Labour might have more to do with the EU enlargement that any policy to replace Briton with foreign leftist voters.
You say that like they don't go hand in hand
Because the countries in the EU enlargement are known for their leftist voting blocks.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19953 on: September 08, 2015, 05:17:50 am »

It seems like the cool thing for heads of state to do nowadays is sign off on extrajudicial assassinations. Davy C is just jealous of all the folk Obama has had killed and is having a crisis of masculinity that only drone-based murder can solve.

That's my Hot Take. I'm available for newspapers and online outlets, just drop me an email.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19954 on: September 08, 2015, 05:19:17 am »

There's an airport being built near (in? I can never tell in the area near the Berlin border) Berlin which is… I don't know how much overdue, but it's already a running joke here so it's long enough, already having cost around a billion (10^9) more than was originally predicted. It's not the only project of that kind.
Ten years by now, I think.

What's the difference between Stuttgart 21 and Berlin-Brandenburg International? Well, below that unfinished airport, there's already a fully functional below-ground train station.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19955 on: September 08, 2015, 05:42:56 am »

Whats Stuttgard 21?

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19956 on: September 08, 2015, 05:46:46 am »

A heavily protested train station in Stuttgart, also unfinished.
Taste my Paci-Fist

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19957 on: September 08, 2015, 09:30:09 am »

Brazil would remain stable
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Let us say as stable as they are right now.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19958 on: September 08, 2015, 09:33:27 am »

Brazil would remain stable
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Let us say as stable as they are right now.

That uneasy peace will come crashing down as soon as the next yellow card is given.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19959 on: September 08, 2015, 09:40:55 am »

Oh fair enough, sounds like your version of our HS2; transport project costing much more than people expected for reasons dubious.

Because the countries in the EU enlargement are known for their leftist voting blocks.
Exactly!

Yeah the problem isn't the intensity of the anger in parliments, the problem is that extrajudicial killings by the state are a horrible precedent.
"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all."
Oh I perfectly understand that, hell I'm one of the most vocal opponents to mass surveillance since it allows us to catch terrorists... Alongside snooping the entire country, but when it comes to killing people who are so low down the legality ladder they're not even following the Geneva Convention I see no dangerous precedent since it's such an extreme example.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #19960 on: September 08, 2015, 09:46:48 am »

project costing much more than people expected for reasons dubious.
You just described every public (transport) project in Poland.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19961 on: September 08, 2015, 09:59:59 am »

it's an open secret that all post-soviet countries went full-on ukraine in varying degrees

what's the guy your secret service ended up hanging, lepper? miller? someone with six letters and two same ones in the middle, did a speech in parliament about how everyone's a thief and how everyone's gonna get prosecuted

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19962 on: September 08, 2015, 10:59:18 am »

Belgium could house refugees in het Justitiepaleis :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19963 on: September 08, 2015, 11:10:28 am »

it's an open secret that all post-soviet countries went full-on ukraine in varying degrees

what's the guy your secret service ended up hanging, lepper? miller? someone with six letters and two same ones in the middle, did a speech in parliament about how everyone's a thief and how everyone's gonna get prosecuted
Lepper. Although the official version is a suicide, he wasn't that important and those friends of his who claim it's a murder are generally somewhat of the conspiracy-theorist persuasion.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19964 on: September 09, 2015, 01:06:27 am »

Wake up sheeple! The lizard army from zeta reticuli staged 911 so that Enron would collapse and we would get iPhones.   
It's so obvious!
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.
Pages: 1 ... 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 ... 1393